Recent Topics

Ads

WL or SW for solo play(scenarios and RvR roaming)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DanielWinner

Re: WL or SW for solo play(scenarios and RvR roaming)

Post#31 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Seosaidh wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:26 pm Really? Hmm, I see. What would you suggest as an alternative for the WL and a MDPS? Slayer, SM?
SM, IB.
First two tanks which can dps and bring utility.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Fiskrens wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm

I do however reject the idea that WL is the easiest Mdps to excel with in ORvR, WH/WE are much better for solo play in ORvR because they can almost always pick the fights they want and have better dps for fights longer than 4gcd's. They also have a better chance against medium tanky targets than WL does.

I don't know much about SW but as for WL it's a good class and very fun to play.
By 'easiest' I refer to the combination of medium armor, charge, a pet for pulls, ranged M1, highest frontloaded burst & having the best mobility. Mobility in RvR is king, imo, which is why I personally feel that the WL is an easier MDPS.

If we are talking about solo ganking then you could definitely make an argument for WH - but for overall use in a group as well, I would pick WL as it is a much more forgiving class (due to aforementioned reasons).

Mausini

Post#33 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:16 pm
Fiskrens wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm

I do however reject the idea that WL is the easiest Mdps to excel with in ORvR, WH/WE are much better for solo play in ORvR because they can almost always pick the fights they want and have better dps for fights longer than 4gcd's. They also have a better chance against medium tanky targets than WL does.

I don't know much about SW but as for WL it's a good class and very fun to play.
By 'easiest' I refer to the combination of medium armor, charge, a pet for pulls, ranged M1, highest frontloaded burst & having the best mobility. Mobility in RvR is king, imo, which is why I personally feel that the WL is an easier MDPS.

If we are talking about solo ganking then you could definitely make an argument for WH - but for overall use in a group as well, I would pick WL as it is a much more forgiving class (due to aforementioned reasons).
Pet Pull doesn't work right now because the pet doesn't catch the target ever.
Charge and Pounce doesn't help if your pet does not catch up -> Coordinated Strike does half the damage most of the time.
Having a unreliable pet has huge impact on WL damage and thats why everyone is complaining about it.