Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Changes?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[SM] Changes?

Post#1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:49 am

Hey guys im a returning player, I had started a SM on my quest to find a tank I enjoyed playing. I didnt get him very high in level because I prefer a more group oriented playstyle but I hear that they got some changes that gave the class a lot more group utility. Is the change to the class that big? Are they more viable now for players who dont want to just go for a solo build?

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [SM] Changes?

Post#2 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:53 am

guard is most important group utility.
recent changes are morale drain tactic,
aoe snare skill, aoe dmg debuff tactic and 3sec grp cc immune skill.
not sure how effective they are.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Wiede

Post#3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:00 am

AoE Snare was reverted afaik. And don't forget the AoE interupt...

Changes gave SnB SM some grp utility that other tanks always had plus some gimmicks but didn't made them essential for grp play. It's more like: if you want to play SnB SM u can now.

On the other side the knockdown changed to 2h tree and thats pretty big.

All in all imho it's better to stay 2h and go tanky dps as Sm. It's just: if you wanna play SnB mid tree support you're able to without feeling bad.

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 am

Truth be told, SM had alot better functional group utillity in the past. Old versions of WW, Crushing Wave and Heavens Blade had great synnergy with warband playstyle and made SM something you wanted 2-4 of in every warband.

While the latest changes added some flexability, the flexability just don't have the same power level and is more of fluff utillity that don't have much impact. The old utillity build was alot more functional but a bit harder to understand the power level of.

As for small scale SM have always been good.

The changes have had a negative effect on the class imo, and the reason it was changed coz it was synnergizing to much with BW and not so much with WL I guess. WL could be tailord to synnergize with the other support classes instead of buffing WL in isolation which is how it seem to go. But I don't know.

anarchypark

Post#5 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am

AoE interrupt, which skill is that?
AoE snare revert?
I couldn't find any of this in patch notes.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Wiede

Post#6 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:26 am

Crushing advance Vaul9 interupts 15 feet cone.

Reverted snare on phoenix wings was in the first or second patch after introducing and changing phoenix wings to hoeth. Dont know exactly anymore.

Tesq

Post#7 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am

I planned to lv up a sm till rr60 but well the changes totally killed any interesting build the class had for me, the kd for 2h only feel like designed from a "2h wanna all " user, kd are a main mid mastery thing or a shield thing as core feature pf every tank, this is lame......

Also the s+b build was fine with hold the line + cd reduction + group bubbleb+ you then had a lot of tactic slot to pick ( was not that tactic heavy as other tanks) They had to fix 2 blade ench...and give 2h an aoe build for wb (aka phoenix wing need that perfect bance tab added....)...instead it was rewamped the s+b for wb when the class was not only notorious viable but pretty much staple with cd reduction from 1789.....

Same thing with bo panic button on left mastery, it became a better panic button then the fuking kobs vigilance godam (just compare CD and trafe outs) ... Worst thing s+b BO can use it too most likely but they still refuse to fix the stupid mid mastery channeling like " wods" behave....if you do a wb build with bo right now it's totally retard how much it can be good.

Both sm/bo changes should just get reversed....
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 am

AoE snare was removed circa 3/4 weeks ago.

Ads
Wiede

Post#9 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:59 am

Tesq wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am
Although the intention for the change and the change itself we're not bad from a balance view i have to admit: you're right... playing SM and BO before was more fun cause of higher diversity of builds and not beeing forced in a specific build setup :(

Tesq

Post#10 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Wiede wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:59 am
Tesq wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am
Although the intention for changes and the change itself we're good from a balance view i have to admit: you're right... playing SM and BO before was more fun cause of higher diversity of builds and not beeing forced in a specific build setup :(
The intentions are always good i know at least that.