Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Why is our punt so horrible?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
vanbuinen77

Re: [AM] Why is our punt so horrible?

Post#21 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Sure!!

You can have this if you give up the your aoe puddle of slow that isn't affected by immunity timers.

mkay
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
szejoza

Post#22 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 pm Sure!!

You can have this if you give up the your aoe puddle of slow that isn't affected by immunity timers.

mkay
I'd gladly trade that if shamans would lose it as well
Spoiler:

Shalktonin

Post#23 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 pm

szejoza wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 pm

mkay
uh oh you asked derstro to give up something....tears be coming.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Onemantankwall

Post#24 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Shalktonin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 pm
szejoza wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 pm

mkay
uh oh you asked derstro to give up something....tears be coming.
Id love both aoe snares to cease... Never understood why a healer had the best cc ability in game tanks got shafted
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

adamthelc

Post#25 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:07 am

I've had the knockback really piss me off while playing an AM.

I've had the knockback really piss me off while trying to kill an AM.

You see what you want to see, I think its fine.

Foomy44

Post#26 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 am

Would be nice if the punt was treated as a damage ability and consumed a mechanic charge (and if it's not the case currently then would also be nice if charged damage abilities used your converted int instead of your base int to attempt to get through disrupt rates, not sure if that's the case or not but it definitely should be. I wouldn't know cuz I refuse to go heal spec until they fix our broken aoe lifesteal not doing aoe heals when you have yourself set as defensive target. Aza said he was looking at it but I assume that's on hold now)
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Zaxxond

Post#27 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 am

Spoiler:
I would like to add to the whine and derail the OP by adding BW's Fire Cage suck balls too.
No trolling and hard derailing, please (server rules: 1.1.).

Luuca

Post#28 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:49 am

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Zaxxond wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 am I would like to add to the whine and derail the OP by adding BW's Fire Cage suck balls too.
You have been issued a Warning. No +1 ing
No trolling and backseat moderating, please (server rules: 1.1.).

Ads
carlos

Post#29 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:07 am I've had the knockback really piss me off while playing an AM.

I've had the knockback really piss me off while trying to kill an AM.

You see what you want to see, I think its fine.
Couldn't be said better
Starfkr

Illiyara

Post#30 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:25 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 am Would be nice if the punt was treated as a damage ability and consumed a mechanic charge (and if it's not the case currently then would also be nice if charged damage abilities used your converted int instead of your base int to attempt to get through disrupt rates, not sure if that's the case or not but it definitely should be. I wouldn't know cuz I refuse to go heal spec until they fix our broken aoe lifesteal not doing aoe heals when you have yourself set as defensive target. Aza said he was looking at it but I assume that's on hold now)
In the current frame, this would be unfair to other healers IMO. The way things have been balanced in this game so far anyhow is that healers get shafted when it comes to these. The only reliable way to affect enemies is detaunt. When looked at in that way, AM's have it quite nice compared to other healers, as puddle can actually slow people fairly reliably, and AP drain can consume mechanic to drain reliably, too. This arguably is balanced, since AMs are the squishiest and rely more on active defense.

As for the argument in the OP, I assume any change to how the mechanic works with our kb would apply to both AM and Shaman, so it wouldn't change that comparison very much.

However, I do think this system in general is a bad one; it's no fun having a "defensive skill" that is a wasted cooldown half the time. It's also lame that your debuffs or attacks which are already pitiful to suffer that extra penalty. Might a more global change to the way resists are handled be better? Perhaps the easiest way might be to make willpower reduce disrupt/block chance the way int and str do, or to a lesser extent.