Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Why I chose Wounds not Armour talismans.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anarchypark

Re: [AM] Why I chose Wounds not Armour talismans.

Post#31 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 am

adamthelc wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:20 am Not really a hard concept. Armor is better against physical damage, but does nothing for anything else. Determine what's killing you and decide what you want to do.

You could make an argument for anything in a specific situation. Magic resistances, wounds and maybe even toughness.

I would stack armor.

we're talking about AM.
what's different between 1.3k and 2.5k armor against armor debuffs/ignoring.
it's good for dps tanks, bad for everything else.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:40 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 am
adamthelc wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:20 am Not really a hard concept. Armor is better against physical damage, but does nothing for anything else. Determine what's killing you and decide what you want to do.

You could make an argument for anything in a specific situation. Magic resistances, wounds and maybe even toughness.

I would stack armor.

we're talking about AM.
The difference is that you either mitigate 0 after debuffs or 15-25%.

Considering moving heals, up to 2,8 k heal on the move with 1sec cast time can't be beaten by rp/wp. It's just more complicated and rewarding than just flash heal spam.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:44 am

Korhadreth wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:12 am
anarchypark wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 am

I would stack armor.

we're talking about AM.
1k armour or 1320 wounds, 6x +168 armour or 6x +22 wounds. Beastlords +250 armour and winds impervious +210 armour is not part of the thread.
What you miss, armor is percentage based mitigation, therefore the more you have, the better. Looking at it in isolation isn't correct to determine its value. You can do it with toughness, but not armor.
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#34 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:34 am

Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:42 am AM can moving heal
but it's not effective compared to RP, WP.
your main heals are 2sec 3sec and channel.

AM moving heals are 1 HoT, 1sec 55ap heal, 1dps heal, 1dps HoT, shield and heal buff. if you count cleans shield, that's all.

compare this to other healers moving heal.
RP insta heal + HoT.
WP 2 HoT + armor.
shield and detaunt are common.
their main heals are supporting moving heal.

there are oh **** moment your dps heal's disrupted, out of mechanic point, erased detaunt.
detaunt 1, find another to dps heal, that's not easy.

I would say it's worst moving healer.
good at stationary burst heal.

so buying 1 more sec with big hp pool is better way i think.
does anybody tested wound build?
AM slots the on cleanse 1k HoT. At least the ones I know do, and I never go without it outside of a warband. Struggling to find a target to lifetap isn't a playerbase wide issue. Neither is running out of mechanic.

Cleanse (which again places a HoT if you want it to), Lambent, Bubble, Infusion, first tick of Funnel, Balance Essence, Healing energy are all castable on the move, and more than enough to keep someone up most of the time as long as both healers are competent. Obviously there are occasions where you want to cast Boon of Hysh aswell or channel Funnel for longer than the first tick, but seeing as you are on the move all the time outside of these occasions, if you position well you will never get in any trouble even when standing still for a few seconds.

Anyways, WPs two HoTs don't even compare to all the things AM can do on the move. WP HAS to stop to heal quite a few times, and a lot of the time unless second healer can keep up with pressure on dps and tanks the WP will have the choice of heal or get caught. Can't do both. Even if the casts are only 1 second, you get caught eventually if you stop for one second repeatedly. RP is a different story, but AM isn't really a lot worse off. Main difference is that RP doesn't have to get into 100ft, and can stay at up to 150ft almost exclusively.
Rip Phalanx

Telen
Suspended

Post#35 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Smaller health pools and better mitigation make those heals and another thing not to forget, pots, worth more. A dps having to crack through 2 pots worth of mitigation is going to be a pain for them and you dont give them the satisfaction of those big yellow crit numbers they love either.
Theres always stuff to cleanse to keep getting a stack up between hot and HE. If not then great theres probably not enough dps around that you need to be moving all the time.

anarchypark

Post#36 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am

lefze wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:34 am
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:42 am AM can moving heal
but it's not effective compared to RP, WP.
your main heals are 2sec 3sec and channel.

AM moving heals are 1 HoT, 1sec 55ap heal, 1dps heal, 1dps HoT, shield and heal buff. if you count cleans shield, that's all.

compare this to other healers moving heal.
RP insta heal + HoT.
WP 2 HoT + armor.
shield and detaunt are common.
their main heals are supporting moving heal.

there are oh **** moment your dps heal's disrupted, out of mechanic point, erased detaunt.
detaunt 1, find another to dps heal, that's not easy.

I would say it's worst moving healer.
good at stationary burst heal.

so buying 1 more sec with big hp pool is better way i think.
does anybody tested wound build?
AM slots the on cleanse 1k HoT. At least the ones I know do, and I never go without it outside of a warband. Struggling to find a target to lifetap isn't a playerbase wide issue. Neither is running out of mechanic.

Cleanse (which again places a HoT if you want it to), Lambent, Bubble, Infusion, first tick of Funnel, Balance Essence, Healing energy are all castable on the move, and more than enough to keep someone up most of the time as long as both healers are competent. Obviously there are occasions where you want to cast Boon of Hysh aswell or channel Funnel for longer than the first tick, but seeing as you are on the move all the time outside of these occasions, if you position well you will never get in any trouble even when standing still for a few seconds.

Anyways, WPs two HoTs don't even compare to all the things AM can do on the move. WP HAS to stop to heal quite a few times, and a lot of the time unless second healer can keep up with pressure on dps and tanks the WP will have the choice of heal or get caught. Can't do both. Even if the casts are only 1 second, you get caught eventually if you stop for one second repeatedly. RP is a different story, but AM isn't really a lot worse off. Main difference is that RP doesn't have to get into 100ft, and can stay at up to 150ft almost exclusively.
compare the moving heal.
other healers keep one of main heal skill.
insta, nonstop HoT etc.
AM lost most of main heal skill.
dps heal is conditional.
that's big loss to me.

cost/effectiveness
AM require more efforts to reach WP/RP moving heal.
AP, targeting, mechanic points.

all healers mix standing and moving heals.
WP standing heals like quick pause on constant move, cast time is covered by own HoTs.
RP keep moving insta heals only to stop whenever need gheal.
they don't lose much when moving.

I would spend more effort to casting heals.
sry for derail.

Sulorie

Post#37 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:54 am

anarchypark wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am compare the moving heal.
other healers keep one of main heal skill.
insta, nonstop HoT etc.
AM lost most of main heal skill.
dps heal is conditional.
that's big loss to me.

cost/effectiveness
AM require more efforts to reach WP/RP moving heal.
AP, targeting, mechanic points.

all healers mix standing and moving heals.
WP standing heals like quick pause on constant move, cast time is covered by own HoTs.
RP keep moving insta heals only to stop whenever need gheal.
they don't lose much when moving.

I would spend more effort to casting heals.
sry for derail.
Do the other classes can burst heal for like 2,8k while moving with 1.2sec cast time? Ofc it requires more effort with target picking but on the plus side, you need only LoS to lifetap target, not heal target. You can even reliably leech off tanks with the included 20% strikethrough, unless they use disrupt buffs.

RP moving heal is just spamming one button, briefly interrupted by hots. Sure this takes less effort.
WP on the other hand has nowhere even close as much kite heal potential.
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#38 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:00 am

Lets see a RP heal a WH 300ft away chasing some rdps out of the backlines.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#39 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:54 am Do the other classes can burst heal for like 2,8k while moving with 1.2sec cast time? Ofc it requires more effort with target picking but on the plus side, you need only LoS to lifetap target, not heal target. You can even reliably leech off tanks with the included 20% strikethrough, unless they use disrupt buffs.

RP moving heal is just spamming one button, briefly interrupted by hots. Sure this takes less effort.
WP on the other hand has nowhere even close as much kite heal potential.

i'm just saying standing heals are better than moving heals as AM.
well, every healers do better at standing.
the gap between standing vs moving,
AM have wider gap than others.
just opinion.

every small efforts for moving heal,
range, targeting, clicking, mechanic management etc
i abandoned all these to put more effort to make standing heals possible.
positioning, pre-kiting etc.
still i'm easy target.

maybe i'm not good at moving heal cuz i only use it when escaping. ( and out of sight )
i would rather marsh and straight run than side walk dps heal.
but it's play style i guess.

and i vote for wound tali :?

anarchypark

Post#40 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:26 pm Smaller health pools and better mitigation make those heals and another thing not to forget, pots, worth more. A dps having to crack through 2 pots worth of mitigation is going to be a pain for them and you dont give them the satisfaction of those big yellow crit numbers they love either.
Theres always stuff to cleanse to keep getting a stack up between hot and HE. If not then great theres probably not enough dps around that you need to be moving all the time.

but small health pool is easy target for 1200 morale and % finisher skills.
so... wound?