Recent Topics

Ads

Resistance tactics imbalance

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Luuca

Re: Resistance tactics imbalance

Post#1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:41 am

With the number of more useful and class defining tactics, outside of a "duel" 1v1 wherein you know exactly who you are fighting (and even then it's questionable if you give up a tactic for added resists) most players do not use the resistance tactics.

While I see your point, until the resist tactics are improved to a point of making them competitive with other tactics for the class, i.e. more than 258 added resists, the balance team will probably pass on any changes to the resists tactics in favor of working to make the "must have" tactics perform at a level that brings all tactics into play for a specific class and target/spec.

Ads
Luuca

Post#2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:52 am

first of all, we do not agree. If we agreed, I would have posted this "destru bias" post about meaningless resist tactics before you. I was simply pointing out, nicely, that they are insignificant in the grand scheme of things and I ignored your complaint about Destru getting all the goodies.

So, ya. I do not agree that destru has better resist tactics. I do not agree that they need to be changed. I do not agree that it was different on live, mainly because it's such a non-effing-issue with all the better tactics available both on live and here that no one ever brought it up.

But you did. Grats.

Foomy44

Post#3 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:03 am

Felt pretty balanced having more spirit resist options back when SM could double debuff spirit resist. Got nothing against changing em up now, don't think it'll have a large impact on balance either way.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

adamthelc

Post#4 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:39 am

As has been stated the resistance tactics arent very good so this is a non issue.

Having said that, 2 order classes deal primarily spirit damage. Both do decent damage, but neither is actually a dps class.

Two order dps classes have a small amount of spirit based attacks. WHs have bullets. WLs have some spirit attacks, not enough to call them spirit based. Though when they were given an AoE tree you could make the argument they could be spirit based.

Lastly WPs have what a baseline spirit attack and a baseline spirit proc. The another mastery spirit ability and proc?

So if you count all of them that's 5 classes, but it's really only two.

Here is the flip side of your complaint. Destro has no corp resistance. 2 order classes do corp, an AoE engineer and a BW. So they are missing the resistance of the class that is generally perceived to be orders big WB damage.

The tactics are pointless though, the only resistance tactic that is decent is the armor tactic that order gets.

The real issue where this is concerned is buffs and debuffs. Destro clearly wins in this comparison. In addition to the chosen auras, they have another AoE debuff of every damage type. They even have the only AoE armor debuff, which is the most prevalent damage type in the game.

So order actually wins when it comes to the pointless resistance tactics, but they lose when it comes to debuffs. I think buffs are fairly even if not totally mirrored.

Ramasee

Post#5 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:41 am

I actually think that the resistance tactics need an overall buff. A bonus to all 3 but a higher bonus to the one they specialize in currently. However, it is fairly low priority in the scheme of things.

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 am

Kotbs debuffs Elemental and SM used to be able to. They both used to stack.

Tesq

Post#7 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 am

res tactics matter so few and not like any destru stacking spi resistence , maybe a def tank can use 1 spi talismans but thats it.

what ppl will stack in case is corporeal due bw debuff on des while on order is more elemental and spi due sorc/magus.. But well we still are in the range of def tanks (destru need to stack more ini tought for double debuff)

the only unfairiness are gear res to some sets which on destru counter bw debuff while on order do not counter sorc debuff...but give useless corporeal...(and i think that's inherited mythic design ...) yet those are t4 starting set, so they matter few in the end game.

tactics are equally bad for both realms :D

Chinesehero

Post#8 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 am

So what is the main kind of attack of Destro (spirit?Corp?Elem?)
Before Merc sets have Spirit resistance but now Dom/Conq dont have that . Sorc is doing insane dmg

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:52 am

Destro does all kinda damage.

Magus is mixed Elemental/Spirit

Sorc Mixed with Corp but moastly Spirit.

Shaman, Elemental.

Witch Elf used to do alot of Corp until recent nerf and some minor Spirit.

SH - Corp

BO used to do plenty Corp with Skull Thumper and WAAAGH, but been nerfed slightly recently.

Sorc Aura proc = Corp, DoK aura proc Spirit.

So damage comes from all kinda places tbh.

Tesq

Post#10 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:01 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:52 am Destro does all kinda damage.

Magus is mixed Elemental/Spirit

Sorc Mixed with Corp but moastly Spirit.

Shaman, Elemental.

Witch Elf used to do alot of Corp until recent nerf and some minor Spirit.

SH - Corp

BO used to do plenty Corp with Skull Thumper and WAAAGH, but been nerfed slightly recently.

Sorc Aura proc = Corp, DoK aura proc Spirit.

So damage comes from all kinda places tbh.
you know its a debuff world, only 300-ish debuff matter :P
so is either spi/ele from des or spi/corp from order :P

aka ele for destru and corp for order are useless, unless dps zealot /runy became a thing.....