Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Current builds discussion

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fiskrens

Re: [WL] Current builds discussion

Post#21 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:03 am

So I recently started playing again after about a month break and this is getting silly, most scenarios are now filled with tanks/healers/rdps (not SW though) and Maras. Fortunately for me I'm RR 78 so I can still do something but I wonder how <60 RR WL's are supposed to do anything significant, it's frustrating to say the least.
Ramasee wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:14 am Not only is the pet scaling broken for the WL; but several of your abilities don't scale atm. Then half the abilities gain contribution from the wrong mastery path. Reverting Aza's code was so hastily done that you honestly shouldn't be bothering playing WL until it gets fixed.
Atleast they took the time to nerf pet stat gain and managed to implement a pet slow as if the lion gets exhausted.

qwerty113 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 am Ye its pissing off that fetch doesn't work at all without pet speed !
It does for me, I run hunter/axeman without speed training tactic and I can still fetch.

Ads
Gunma

Post#22 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:23 am

It makes no difference if you have some serious rr under your belt or not, mdps are in for some pounding when you lack guard/heal support. Also, if the opposing has better group setup than your pug, you won't do damage. So that's not a wl thing, groupwise a wl is working fine at the moment.
Solo roaming on the other hand isn't fun. You're lacking the combination of significant pet pressure (fetch, DMG, speed) and survivability.
Bromley | Ironbreaker
Highbury | Rune Priest

Fiskrens

Post#23 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 am

Gunma wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:23 am It makes no difference if you have some serious rr under your belt or not, mdps are in for some pounding when you lack guard/heal support.
It makes a big difference because I can still sometimes kill sorcs/magus/healer while I doubt a WL with lower rank would even be able to scratch them in a close game. Yes Mdps have always been very reliant on guard/heals but what I see now is just rdps roflstomp regardless of heal/tank. I guess maras are performing well so there's that.

I guess on topic the only spec I see working is the hunter/axeman mainly because
1) Pet deals no dmg
2) Pet gets a semingly random slow after a while making guardian bad
3) pretty much all skills are tied to the axeman tree (bug)
The only real choice seems to be gear and TTH vs TTT

zgolec

Post#24 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 pm

WL dead class and they just announced that they will do nothing to change it.

I guess to make it more "balanced" some more destro buffs are soon to be implemented...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Fiskrens

Post#25 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm

zgolec wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 pm WL dead class and they just announced that they will do nothing to change it.

I guess to make it more "balanced" some more destro buffs are soon to be implemented...
They said they would take it in small steps no? First step should be fixing the bugs I would assume and it's only going to get better from here. Simply fixing what I assume are unintentional changes will make a pretty big difference in gameplay.

dansari

Post#26 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:18 pm

zgolec wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 pm WL dead class and they just announced that they will do nothing to change it.

Incremental changes as opposed to sweeping changes
<Salt Factory>

Bowldancer

Post#27 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 pm

I am so glad they decided to step back and are more careful with future class adjustments.
It was a mess. Incremental is the way to go.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

zgolec

Post#28 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 pm

dansari wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Incremental changes as opposed to sweeping changes
Yea... Sure. Now make this all even for all and revert destro buffs too to be fair, mkay? No? Yea, thought so...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
dansari

Post#29 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:17 pm

zgolec wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 pm Yea... Sure. Now make this all even for all and revert destro buffs too to be fair, mkay? No? Yea, thought so...
<Salt Factory>

Sulorie

Post#30 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:17 pm

zgolec wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 pm
Yea... Sure. Now make this all even for all and revert destro buffs too to be fair, mkay? No? Yea, thought so...
What buffs? Don't blame other realm for everything.
Dying is no option.