Recent Topics

Ads

{AM} Loss of Balanced Mending

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Luuca

{AM} Loss of Balanced Mending

Post#1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Not sure if anyone else was running BalMend before the Apotheosis change, but it has made the AM the definitive last place healer on Order. Apotheosis, while decent enough AoE Cleanse of Curses, is limited by it's 50 ft. range from the targeted ally. This, and the fact that Order is usually ranged-comp-dominant, means a spread-out ranged comp that truly benefits more from the 100 ft. all-party-member cleanse available to the WP.

I do not understand the reasoning behind removing BalMend and adding Apoth, other than to slightly diminish the reliance on WP for group cleanse. It has done more harm than good IMO.

I was thinking that, if Apotheosis coupled with Isha's Encouragement would place a HoT on ALL the party members cleansed within 50 ft. it would help regain some of the lost healing potential of the AM.

WOuld this be enough to make up for 35% increased heals across all healing for AM? Your thoughts?

Also, the similar tactic for Shaman only applied to one heal of theirs.. interesting.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Re: {AM} Loss of Balanced Mending

Post#2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:17 pm

I cant believe this still happens but....

Look up the name of the heal+hot that you can cast on the move for AM and think about all of this again.

Foomy44

Post#3 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm

I don't think you understand how Balanced Mending worked, it was the same as the shammy version. The text is still there on career builder, check it out.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Yeah, the loss of the tactic hurt. Extremely underrated tactic imo, though the vast majority would probably disagree.
Rip Phalanx

Valarion

Post#5 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:07 pm

When you step back, even a reduced-range group cleanse is still a net-positive buff to the class. Its an even bigger buff in certain settings when you are rolling solo or without a WP/Dok. I dont commonly use it, but I do when I know Im going to be facing aoe dots and debuffs from hell.

Overall, I do like the intent of what the devs are trying to do here. They are rewarding thoughtful, intelligent game play, without it being as strong as the class defining equivalent that the WP/Doks get. The argument is less meaningful if you are running an Order melee train anyway.

Has anyone tested if its stacking with Isha's Encouragement yet (turning it into a group hot on cleanse)? Ive been too busy gearing up my RP/Zeal alts lately.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Telen
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:19 pm

It really was a bad tactic. Theres better tactics that boost all healing. Healing Energy is nice for kiting but youre better saving a few mechanic points up for cast on move lifetaps when you need to move.

As others have pointed out, just like the Shaman version it only affect one spell. The text has always been confusing, first time I played AM I though it boosted all healing.

The hot on Ishas only applies to the main target cleansed.

Sigimund

Post#7 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 pm

It became a better, even underrated, tactic when Healing Energy was the only mobile heal but now there are more options for that.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Balanced Mending might had some uses for a constantly moving lifetap AM, but you have only one tactic spot left as healing AM. Desperation, heal crit and one AP feed tactic are mandatory. And there are better picks for last tactic than old Balanced Mending.
The group cleanse tactic is not that great, I agree. But group cleanses are overrated anyway.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
bctakhy

Post#9 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:45 pm

I cant belive that ppl still QQ for more buffs on the actual top overpowered class in game :D

I played AM on live as healer and have nothing to do with AM on RoR... only similar thing they have is the name.
Luuca wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:10 pm This, and the fact that Order is usually ranged-comp-dominant, means a spread-out ranged comp that truly benefits more from the 100 ft. all-party-member cleanse available to the WP.
We playing same server? 90% of order groups are bomb comp

Valarion

Post#10 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 pm

bctakhy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:45 pm I cant belive that ppl still QQ for more buffs on the actual top overpowered class in game :D

I played AM on live as healer and have nothing to do with AM on RoR... only similar thing they have is the name.
Luuca wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:10 pm This, and the fact that Order is usually ranged-comp-dominant, means a spread-out ranged comp that truly benefits more from the 100 ft. all-party-member cleanse available to the WP.
We playing same server? 90% of order groups are bomb comp
You are both correct. Order is usually bomb spec in orvr and ST rdps spec in scs. Your mileage may vary.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted