Recent Topics

Ads

New Player asking about SM & AM

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: New Player asking about SM & AM

Post#11 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:05 pm

bertinrow84 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 pm Well, I'm a big fan of Warhammer lore, and I find it kind of disheartening that High Elven Archmages, who are according to lore the most powerful spellcasters beside the Slann to be reduced to just a healing role.
You can function as a DPS AM if you wish: they are a mobile, DoT-based caster with a bit of DD. If you have played WoW, then they are similar to an afffliction lock (especially the self-healing component).

In current RoR, you can definitely fight against every group out there with a DPS AM and stand a good chance of winning.

Ads
Valarion

Post#12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:19 pm

First off, all of the healers are exceptionally powerful and the differences in that power in most situations come down to the experience of the player more often than the class itself. Also, do not forget that AMs and shamans are literally the kiting kings of this game, more so than other other healer. In the hands of an expert player, these two classes are truly formidable opponents.

You add in the recent (slightly op) buffs to AM dps and you've got a damn good class thats in a damn good place right now thats right up there in power just like the lore.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Telen
Suspended

Post#13 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 pm

The AM mechanic is in a great place. hots/cleanses build cast on move lifetaps. stationary lifetaps build reduced cast time group heals. Makes a very potent single target healer while kiting and very potent ap efficient group healer when left to free cast.

bertinrow84

Post#14 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Okay, took me some time but I was able to get everything patched and ready to go, for a still somewhat new player, which one should I try first, cause I'm going to try both. I guess I would say SM, cause the highest I've played is a lvl 20 Black Ork. I was told that 2h Black Ork's were only really viable at high gear & etc. is the same for SM?
Valdon - Warrior Priest of Sigmar
Sternheart - Knight of the Blazing Sun