Recent Topics

Ads

SW needs help

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
poffo

Re: SW needs help

Post#31 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:43 am
Korhadreth wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 pm what's your rotation? Acid arrow > Vengeance of Nagarythe > Flame arrow > Broadhead arrow > Steady aim > Rapid fire > Fell the weak.
where is Festering Arrow.
all your rotation skills are fluff DoT.
1 HoT will cover your dmg.
you need to add burst on that.

also, you're missing heal debuff. it may require high rr but you need to use it, scout or not.

it makes you stay in mid range with long cast scout. so find right moment to moving and standing.
if you stay max range, you end up hitting tanks, guarded mdps. without healdebuff. It's useless.

i use DoT while moving.
Broad - healdebuff - flame - glass.
when i need burst
acid - VoN - fester - glass - fell/rapid
sometimes VoN - steady - fester

often you can't finish rotation cuz melees target you.
though it's better than hitting tanks from far.

use 10% strikethrough tactic. elf race one. it reduces miss-shot of fester.
Sorry anarchypark but are u mad...? and about "strikethrough tactic" i think you mean disc. offence u would really use 1 of your tacs for this it will only totaly gimp your self. The bottom-line is that scout-line is gimp and i know iv been a little rantful but it bugs me meny on the "positive" notes because they are not up to reality...i have festering and thinking about specing out of it...on one hand its a big shot for me around 1500 withno crit. but its almost only usebel in pve....i can use it in pvp and orvr vere rare if i want to have sucess and only in coaheasion with 2 moral focused mind and ofc. Vne...this could be fine but then you need to cut away cooldown..then its ok to have to waite with its use to only use with morale...else its a time dump and only an opener or a shot to have "fun" with when they are running or as a "scare" shot or a "go away" and hide shot....So again scout-line need a dps bump with some small fixing but since it can take monts even years to get to that point on the list i suggest you look at my posts and start implememting :)

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#32 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:48 am

poffo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 am
Korhadreth wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 pm what's your rotation? Acid arrow > Vengeance of Nagarythe > Flame arrow > Broadhead arrow > Steady aim > Rapid fire > Fell the weak.

also, you're missing heal debuff. it may require high rr but you need to use it, scout or not.

it makes you stay in mid range with long cast scout. so find right moment to moving and standing.
if you stay max range, you end up hitting tanks, guarded mdps. without healdebuff. It's useless.

i use DoT while moving.
when i need burst

Sorry anarchypark but are u mad...? and about "strikethrough tactic" i think you mean disc. offence u would really use 1 of your tacs for this it will only totaly gimp your self. The bottom-line is that scout-line is gimp and i know iv been a little rantful but it bugs me meny on the "positive" notes because they are not up to reality...i have festering and thinking about specing out of it...on one hand its a big shot for me around 1500 withno crit. but its almost only usebel in pve....i can use it in pvp and orvr vere rare if i want to have sucess and only in coaheasion with 2 moral focused mind and ofc. Vne...this could be fine but then you need to cut away cooldown..then its ok to have to waite with its use to only use with morale...else its a time dump and only an opener or a shot to have "fun" with when they are running or as a "scare" shot or a "go away" and hide shot....So again scout-line need a dps bump with some small fixing but since it can take monts even years to get to that point on the list i suggest you look at my posts and start implememting :)
Yeah fester isn't usable atm, I highly recommend dropping it. The only strength scout has is a harder hitting filler and good execute, aka FtW. Glass Arrow and Flame Arrow are both horrible aswell.

Basically the only viable way to play Scout is to capitalize on EE. So tactics are No Quarter, Enchanted Arrows, Powerful Draw, Replenishing Strikes. Mix sets, you will get ballskill cap, but of course also be extremely gimped in the defensive department. Obviously can't even spec fester, and having to apply healdebuff+Acid makes fester waaaay too telegraphed anyways.

Rotation is BHA-Acid-Shadow Sting-EE spam-Rapid/FtW against tough targets. Squishy targets you can kill/pressure heavily with BHA-Acid-Shadow Sting-1x EE-Rapid-FtW.

I've had (pretty damn good) succcess with scout just soloqueueing, but against any kind of pre-made opposition it simply doesn't work. Pugs do suffer hard against it though, so it does function at RR70.
Rip Phalanx

poffo

Post#33 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:01 am

lefze wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:48 am

i use DoT while moving.
when i need burst

Yeah fester isn't usable atm, I highly recommend dropping it. The only strength scout has is a harder hitting filler and good execute, aka FtW. Glass Arrow and Flame Arrow are both horrible aswell.

Basically the only viable way to play Scout is to capitalize on EE. So tactics are No Quarter, Enchanted Arrows, Powerful Draw, Replenishing Strikes. Mix sets, you will get ballskill cap, but of course also be extremely gimped in the defensive department. Obviously can't even spec fester, and having to apply healdebuff+Acid makes fester waaaay too telegraphed anyways.

Rotation is BHA-Acid-Shadow Sting-EE spam-Rapid/FtW against tough targets. Squishy targets you can kill/pressure heavily with BHA-Acid-Shadow Sting-1x EE-Rapid-FtW.

I've had (pretty damn good) succcess with scout just soloqueueing, but against any kind of pre-made opposition it simply doesn't work. Pugs do suffer hard against it though, so it does function at RR70.
U write a lot of stuff...not sure how much is trulely viabel...Powerful Draw is way way high in skirmish...wich in return will gimp scout tree...so the best out put i read is SCOUT IS GIMP and we relay heavely almost solo on EE and therefore NO Quater wich in turn needs buffing e.g remove the extre cost and throw a 10 % crit chance.

lefze
Suspended

Post#34 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:43 am

poffo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:01 am
lefze wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:48 am

U write a lot of stuff...not sure how much is trulely viabel...Powerful Draw is way way high in skirmish...wich in return will gimp scout tree...so the best out put i read is SCOUT IS GIMP and we relay heavely almost solo on EE and therefore NO Quater wich in turn needs buffing e.g remove the extre cost and throw a 10 % crit chance.
If you read the post, scout is indeed not truly viable, and is a gimp spec. As for the rest, correct aswell. Powerful draw and the AP cost on NQ are massive limiters for the build, as you need healdebuff and you need AP obviously, forcing you into a very specific tactic set, and even then you suffer. However, for pugscenarios/soloqueueing it does work, although as I've said, you need rr70 and a lot of gear to even think about pulling it off with any success.
Rip Phalanx

lefze
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:55 am

Korhadreth wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:41 am
lefze wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:43 am
poffo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:01 am

If you read the post, scout is indeed not truly viable, and is a gimp spec. As for the rest, correct aswell. Powerful draw and the AP cost on NQ are massive limiters for the build, as you need healdebuff and you need AP obviously, forcing you into a very specific tactic set, and even then you suffer. However, for pugscenarios/soloqueueing it does work, although as I've said, you need rr70 and a lot of gear to even think about pulling it off with any success.
Why not start your rotation with acid arrow so as bha is armour piercing too? I think glass arrow is a great defensive ability against sorcs but only 5secs you gotta hit it cast and run.
BHA is a DoT anyways, so benefits from Acid either way. The Problem with opening with Acid is that you have to wait to get off Shadow Sting. Casting BHA first lets you cast SS right after Acid, as both BHA and Acid have flight times, and you need either on the target for SS to be castable.

And here comes the issue with Glass, do you give up FtW for it? Or do you give up 100ft healdebuff, BHA and snare? Glass isn't even close to being worth taking over either. You have detaunt and M1 for casters.
Rip Phalanx

Telen
Suspended

Post#36 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:57 am

AM is the High Elves rdps. Might aswell make SW a healer its main dps tree is pants.

Acid either needs to be instant cast with short TT so you can use after Fester but hit before or Flame Arrow needs the corp debuff.

lefze
Suspended

Post#37 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Telen wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:57 am AM is the High Elves rdps. Might aswell make SW a healer its main dps tree is pants.

Acid either needs to be instant cast with short TT so you can use after Fester but hit before or Flame Arrow needs the corp debuff.
I dunno, haven't really seen anything special from any AMs in the SC queue lately. Not that I see too many AMs. From what I've seen it's time for most of them to go back to healspec. And again, fester ain't something to be concerned with really, Scout is way better off without it atm.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Rip Phalanx

Telen
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Healings a bit low there mate ;)

Pug sc really doesnt tell you much tbf, any geared class can batter pugs.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Telen wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 pm Image
Healings a bit low there mate ;)

Pug sc really doesnt tell you much tbf, any geared class can batter pugs.
100% true, but seeing as scenarios are 99% pug centered, ya know.... But yeah, dps AM healing is the only valid point the people that claims it's op has made. It is still very much a second rate class when it comes to actual damage. So is SW, especially scout, would go as far as to say it's leaps and bounds behind dps AM even.
Rip Phalanx

Telen
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:13 pm

The setup on scout dps is just too long. AM might not be as high but you can burst straight out of Lance and debuff can be applied on the move. Scout feels so sluggish in comparison. Sure if it was a turret class like magus and had some mechanic tied to being stationary I could see the length of setup being justified. If you take range and setup time (considering bw dot burst is mobile) its just doesnt add up. Thats why I think the debuff needs to be instant. Then it would play pretty similar to shaman. AM debuff instant. BW debuff instant dot. Zealot debuff instant aoe. Even Magus a turret class doesnt have debuff on a cast.