Recent Topics

Ads

SW needs help

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
daniilpb

Re: SW needs help

Post#11 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:18 pm

poffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:32 pm Stop talking about SH. SW needs help and i would prefer if it be now. Scout line should be top single target dps together with BW...theres no such thing as a support dps in a mmo, its bullshit...what we need is a GM or 3 to play and fall in love with SW or nothing gonna happen, atleast that what it seems to be going on.

I really like the play style of the scout line and its easy fixed. Fx. put Eagle eye on a 1 sec shot and keep the tac. so it becomes a shot depending on global only and bump up the dps 50 %. Rapid fire make it able to be a moving shot and bump the dps 100 %,Acid shot 150 % more armor debuff and a toughness debuff. Flamearrow dps bump 250 %. Fell the weak 3 sec CD and + 25 %
+ snare 75 %
Same with rest of the shots

It shouldent be so hard when everyone can see it needs a bump no fancy stuff just a dps buff and the fluff i wrote. A soft target should die fast just as fast as we die as soon as a melee gets in range.

Last but very very imp.whirling pin skill: make it 10 feet aoe but make it a root and the knock back needs to be atleast double range and or put a run spd on for 3 sec. 100 % spd.

This will be a good start.
Won’t bother commenting on previous stuff, just huh, but root with whirling pin, that’s not just a pug vision, it’s also an attempt to reproduce old mistakes: WP did root back on Live and it was horrible, but well it didn’t self-punt tho
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:19 pm

poffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:32 pm Stop talking about SH. SW needs help and i would prefer if it be now. Scout line should be top single target dps together with BW...theres no such thing as a support dps in a mmo, its bullshit...what we need is a GM or 3 to play and fall in love with SW or nothing gonna happen, atleast that what it seems to be going on.

I really like the play style of the scout line and its easy fixed. Fx. put Eagle eye on a 1 sec shot and keep the tac. so it becomes a shot depending on global only and bump up the dps 50 %. Rapid fire make it able to be a moving shot and bump the dps 100 %,Acid shot 150 % more armor debuff and a toughness debuff. Flamearrow dps bump 250 %. Fell the weak 3 sec CD and + 25 %
+ snare 75 %
Same with rest of the shots

It shouldent be so hard when everyone can see it needs a bump no fancy stuff just a dps buff and the fluff i wrote. A soft target should die fast just as fast as we die as soon as a melee gets in range.

Last but very very imp.whirling pin skill: make it 10 feet aoe but make it a root and the knock back needs to be atleast double range and or put a run spd on for 3 sec. 100 % spd.

This will be a good start.
Solves none of the issues. Scout suffers because it's forced to spec too deeply in Skirmish, and as such can't take the skills that should define the class. It also lacks burst for this very reason. The damage is high enough pre-mitigation, but the recent change on Enchanted Arrows is normal type instead tactic type, and as such does not stack with kobs aura for example, so it suffers post-mitigation. The tactic also only converts abilities in the Scout tree to corp, and as you can't take a mainstat tactic everything that is still physical damage suffers greatly as you have to mix sets for max ballistic skill and end up with 300 WS.

What's more is that the actual Scout skills that you sacrifice for 98ft healdebuff+BFA, are horrible. Fester is still a 3 second cast even though it no longer ignores resists and glass arrow deal horrible damage, with an insignificant debuff. Core skills like Acid Arrow and especially Flame Arrow deal virtually no damage. No Quarters AP cost increaser forces you into at least one AP tactic, but this isn't enough AP for anything but bursts, which do too little damage. Sustained damage is something you can only achieve if taking double AP tactic, which means you either give up 98ft dots OR the whole Corp conversion+debuff.

That about sums it up.
Rip Phalanx

anarchypark

Post#13 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:04 am

when do you use VoN?
what's your rotation?
how often do you change stance?
do you use potions?
do you assist?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

kweedko

Post#14 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:01 am

Most crucial change was removal of m2 double damage. It's killed all of viable burst on ranged SW. With no return in something.

carmine3161

Post#15 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:09 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:04 am when do you use VoN?
what's your rotation?
how often do you change stance?
do you use potions?
do you assist?
the first 2 depend on what build you are doing, Scout, ASW, or Skirmish?

With the way SW stances work and your build you will end up mainly sitting in one stance, ASW only needs to ever swap to skirmish for range snare.

Scout does not require you to swap to any stance but you should swap to assault when you are in danger for the double armor buff and switch to skirmish if you find that you cant stay still long enough to hit the enemy with festers and eagle eye.

Skirmish your mainly going to just sit in skirmish but you should swap to assault just like in scout, assault will not let you use any ranged auto attacks so be mindful of that as it will impact sustained damage for skirmish SW's, after recent changes you will need to swap to scout for rapid fire which is decent pressure when the enemy is low on hp and has both skirmish dots on them and you can also use Acid arrow in scout which can be really useful on more heavily armored targets but if you play with 700wps and/or a party member with armor debuff you can get away without using it sometimes.

do you use potions? why wouldn't you? free armor and free whatever main stat you want is pretty useful.

do you assist? if you want to kill anything as a SW you need to be assisting, might be able to get away with solo kills with a full scout build but you wont be able to kill competent players by yourself. With skirmish you can usually kite people solo or dot them to death but skirmish sustained damage is at a pretty low threshold so i wouldn't expect to get away with much.
Last edited by carmine3161 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

carmine3161

Post#16 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:15 am

kweedko wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:01 am Most crucial change was removal of m2 double damage. It's killed all of viable burst on ranged SW. With no return in something.
Definitely the most impactful change on SW viability as a whole, ASW however has no need for it and after the recent changes scout SW seems unfinished with similar problems persisting that it already had, most changes so far have deemed to hurt skirmish stance more and more. All we can do is wait and provide feedback or create some good ole balance proposals if you have a good proposal idea.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

danny262

Post#17 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Allistarj wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:05 pm Okay.. my first ever thread.

I'v played my SW untill level 36 got full annihilator and around 18 % ranged crit 648 WS 950 BS. and 34 sc wep
but when i roam around i feel my dmg is so low compared to most other classes? i mean a WE will kill me within 2 secs.....is it only me? will be getting full conq and Beast set + sub wep make my dmg much better?
i just dont see that comming,... i keep hitting like a wet nodle..Marauder, choppa, Which elf (if the catch me) will most likely kill me within seconds.. and i dont have enugh global cooldowns to kill most classes (IMO) ? what am i doing wrong? please help out a fustrated player. or should i simply get used to be sucky?

Thank you in advance
SW is extremely clucky and is broken, try finding your main shot mechanic and rely on debuffs before engaging, spend some time working on your specs, tactics, there is a chance SW will be fixed in the future but at present you're and underdog at any range, you can also take a hybrid/2-3 stance but it comes on DPS expense.

poffo

Post#18 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:53 am

danny262 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 pm

I'v played my SW untill level 36 got full annihilator and around 18 % ranged crit 648 WS 950 BS. and 34 sc wep
but when i roam around i feel my dmg is so low compared to most other classes? i mean a WE will kill me within 2 secs.....is it only me? will be getting full conq and Beast set + sub wep make my dmg much better?
i just dont see that comming,... i keep hitting like a wet nodle..Marauder, choppa, Which elf (if the catch me) will most likely kill me within seconds.. and i dont have enugh global cooldowns to kill most classes (IMO) ? what am i doing wrong? please help out a fustrated player. or should i simply get used to be sucky?

Thank you in advance
SW is extremely clucky and is broken, try finding your main shot mechanic and rely on debuffs before engaging, spend some time working on your specs, tactics, there is a chance SW will be fixed in the future but at present you're and underdog at any range, you can also take a hybrid/2-3 stance but it comes on DPS expense.
Its really to cry over most know that especialy scout line is a glasscannon with out the cannon, and we all know that no change is comming with in "soon" only solution is to buff the damage of the skills untill such a time they can look on the class and the lines as a hole...but to waite untill that is a sin when a damage boost all round could make it atleast tolerabel.

Ads
danny262

Post#19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 pm

poffo wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:53 am
danny262 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Thank you in advance
Its really to cry over most know that especialy scout line is a glasscannon with out the cannon, and we all know that no change is comming with in "soon" only solution is to buff the damage of the skills untill such a time they can look on the class and the lines as a hole...but to waite untill that is a sin when a damage boost all round could make it atleast tolerabel.
+1 - along with abilities and tactics that are not functioning properly or taboo for a very limited potential, hybrids are not a choice, and except for Assault stance stat bonus you'd be forced to give up on further core abilities aaaaand you're dead.

Valarion

Post#20 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 pm

SWs have always been clunky and broken............

and with 3 trees that might just be the least synergistic of any I've ever seen in any modern game. It wasnt just the laughing stock of WAR, it was the laughing stock of PvP gaming for 5 years. Its why I literally DELETED my RR80 on live and never went back.

Truthfully, Id level something else and just be glad knowing they are 300% less shitty here then they were on live. Kudos to the devs for at least making me double detaunt them now and run the hell away from their melee spec. The devs have done their best with this garbage class and its time they work on other parts of the game.

If you think you have it bad, you might want to ask a WL right now, they are looking like :| victims.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted