Recent Topics

Ads

Bombing Shadow Warrior

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Alsayr

Bombing Shadow Warrior

Post#1 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 am

Hello! In the current SW tree, howto bombing on SW ? In the future have chance to bomb SW in assault tree ? In teory maybe chance some skill to spam AOE, for example Sweeping Slash ?

Thanks!
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
Xergon

Re: Bombing Shadow Warrior

Post#2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:37 am

I wouldn't call it 'bombing' because its not similar to BW bombing, but SW play in WB is all about LA spam with proper tactics on, that means Pierce Defense and Expert Skirmisher, you can add No Respite for that extra 15% dmg. All you do is try to keep closest enemy target to be on your 'Target' so you proc both tactics and spam LA into enemies, now u can add Barrage cause its nice snare. Your true bomb mode is on when u fire up FM just be sure u have enough AP for it.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Alsayr

Post#3 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:53 am

Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:37 am I wouldn't call it 'bombing' because its not similar to BW bombing, but SW play in WB is all about LA spam with proper tactics on, that means Pierce Defense and Expert Skirmisher, you can add No Respite for that extra 15% dmg. All you do is try to keep closest enemy target to be on your 'Target' so you proc both tactics and spam LA into enemies, now u can add Barrage cause its nice snare. Your true bomb mode is on when u fire up FM just be sure u have enough AP for it.
I know, SW is not similar and mirror BW. BTW il remember LA from live, and IMO this skil should be resist skill, not armour.

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:08 am

Alsayr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:53 am
Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:37 am I wouldn't call it 'bombing' because its not similar to BW bombing, but SW play in WB is all about LA spam with proper tactics on, that means Pierce Defense and Expert Skirmisher, you can add No Respite for that extra 15% dmg. All you do is try to keep closest enemy target to be on your 'Target' so you proc both tactics and spam LA into enemies, now u can add Barrage cause its nice snare. Your true bomb mode is on when u fire up FM just be sure u have enough AP for it.
I know, SW is not similar and mirror BW. BTW il remember LA from live, and IMO this skil should be resist skill, not armour.
Nah, all it needs is a significant range boost to expert skirmisher, a proper dot and for barrage to gain a finisher element to it.

LA damage in itself is rather good but the class has no dot ticking along side it, and the bursts with barrage are limited. So overall the damage is a bit meh, and reliabilty is non-existent as it relies so hard on expert skirmisher which has a miniscule range. With all the pulls, punts, challenges, aoe snares etc. It's almost impossible to do your job.
Rip Phalanx

Xergon

Post#5 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am

Not to mention that problem with LA is it works in straight line, which means any terrain curves make it completely useless... so u need SPECIFIC situations to make it work, which more likely are Funnel positions in keep attack/defenses.

Generally current SW 'bombing' is only about LA which is very unreliable, you can make it work but u still will be miles behind BW/SL now even WL/WH in providing consistent and proper dmg amoung...

If there would be buff like VoF or Steady Aim which would make all ur abilites AoE for some certain time maybe that would help
Last edited by Xergon on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Alsayr

Post#6 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:06 am

Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am Not to mention that problem with LA is it works in straight line, which means any terrain curves make it completely useless... so u need SPECIFIC situations to make it work, which more likely are Funnel positions in keep attack/defenses.
That's why i asking also for another build. LA spam is specific as You said and you cant bomb like BW, example is closed tarrain.
Last edited by Alsayr on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xergon

Post#7 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am

Alsayr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:06 am
Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am Not to mention that problem with LA is it works in straight line, which means any terrain curves make it completely useless... so u need SPECIFIC situations to make it work, which more likely are Funnel positions in keep attack/defenses.
That's why i asking also on another build. LA spam is specific as You said and you cant bomb like BW, example is closed tarrain.
Well only other option is Spiral Fletched Arrow with AoE Tactic but u lose 30% dmg from a skill that is already not providing high dmg aaaaaaaaaand its 1s cast... which is maybe not so terrible as GCD is 1.1s but still...
Like on lvl 40 and max Skirmisher from tooltip SpiralFletchedArrow does 251 dmg where LA does 375 dmg... logic ? not found.

I wanted to test 4 bonus proc from Rare Fortune Set for SW but it doesnt work currently so cant see if its good or not...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

lefze
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:14 am

Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am
Alsayr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:06 am
That's why i asking also on another build. LA spam is specific as You said and you cant bomb like BW, example is closed tarrain.
Well only other option is Spiral Fletched Arrow with AoE Tactic but u lose 30% dmg from a skill that is already not providing high dmg aaaaaaaaaand its 1s cast... which is maybe not so terrible as GCD is 1.1s but still...

I wanted to test 4 bonus proc from Rare Fortune Set for SW but it doesnt work currently so cant see if its good or not...
SFA also requires a target, and as such is a no go. Main target dodges? Zero damage to anyone. Seriously though, LA bombing isn't all bad, you sure miss the range on any other class. When it works it's rather good, it's just too hard to pull off, even in a full premade warband rng **** you 50% of the time.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Alsayr

Post#9 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 am

Like on lvl 40 and max Skirmisher from tooltip SpiralFletchedArrow does 251 dmg where LA does 375 dmg... logic ? not found.

Il play this style on Live Server, and belive me, its doesnt work. Less damage then LA, and tactics also take 30%. Rare Fortune Set giving you only 10%, and You must targeting.

Xergon

Post#10 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

Alsayr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 am

Il play this style on Live Server, and belive me, its doesnt work. Less damage then LA, and tactics also take 30%. Rare Fortune Set giving you only 10%, and You must targeting.
Well u asked for other build, thats only available option, other than LA.
About RareFortune im talking about 133 dmg proc on hit around ur target, if it would work with LA, when u hit 5 targets and all 5 target proc it to each other that means 5 x 133 dmg on 1 target, which would not be that bad.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube