Recent Topics

Ads

SW Lileath arrows question

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Acidic

SW Lileath arrows question

Post#1 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:36 am

Hi
I am trying to figure out how my incoming damage was showing Lileath arrows hitting a clothie with 70% crit and no mitigation.
Not a SW player so had a hard time following why is was doing that in rvr , would have expected some mitigation

Ads
Darks63

Re: SW Lileath arrows question

Post#2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:46 am

A lot of weaponskill on the sw casting LA perhaps?
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Acidic

Post#3 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 am

Darks63 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:46 am A lot of weaponskill on the sw casting LA perhaps?
I could see how the crit got very high but not the mechanism to no mitigation, this happens a few fights so guessing not just one SW but could not see the skill/tactic or proc that would make it unmitigated

Xergon

Post#4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:39 am

screenshot or didnt happen :D
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

lefze
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:02 am

SW can reach 60%+ crit with the right party. Bomb SW goes all out on WS as AoE skills scale horribly with mainstat. In addition you may or may not have been hit by an armor debuff or two.

SW can churn out crits in the 1200-1300 range on cloth users if the is no guard/challenge etc. Up.
Rip Phalanx

Acidic

Post#6 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 am

Guessing from the thread on SW bombing it’s something to do with pierce defense . Have screenshot , well imbedded in a vid showing highest damage cause was LA just trying to understand why :)
Could be range also mitigation maybe wrong word, could be addon used term mitigation in terms of parry dodge not reduction in damage. Will check later when able to and post it

lefze
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:25 am

Acidic wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 am Guessing from the thread on SW bombing it’s something to do with pierce defense . Have screenshot , well imbedded in a vid showing highest damage cause was LA just trying to understand why :)
Could be range also mitigation maybe wrong word, could be addon used term mitigation in terms of parry dodge not reduction in damage. Will check later when able to and post it
Of yeah, if you meant no avoidance that makes sense. Assuming full Deft Defender with PD on top, and no hold the line, you won't be dodging anything.

Pierce defense is extremely strong on weakly played warbands, no HTL x3 and people are gonna get hit a lot.
Rip Phalanx

Acidic

Post#8 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:36 am

Yes could be, I check vid and see if it’s time to slap a tank :)

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:51 pm

This is the numbers i was suprised with, remebered a bit wrong but the zero parry/block/dodge is suprising and the damage was very high for aoe
https://ibb.co/datnUe

excuse using imgbb was easiest for me.

Xergon

Post#10 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 am

Acidic wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:51 pm This is the numbers i was suprised with, remebered a bit wrong but the zero parry/block/dodge is suprising and the damage was very high for aoe
https://ibb.co/datnUe

excuse using imgbb was easiest for me.

Well, i see mitigation on screenshot so idk why did u said there was no mitigation. Besides regular SW can hit 600 WS w/o any problems, better ones hit 700 so they will naturally mitigate a lot.

About Avoidance, well if u have like 10% dodge and your not holding or being under HTL aura then forget about dodging anything from RangeDPS.

Nevertheless max 781 dmg is pretty low... specially on Clothie...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube