Recent Topics

Ads

SW Lileath arrows question

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Acidic

Re: SW Lileath arrows question

Post#11 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:55 am

Hi
Yes mentioned in above posts that I might have mixed mitigation with avoidance but was surprised at no avoidance and 80% crit rate

Guessing here that not even the tactic for reducing defenses did not even trigger. This happens multiple times so makes me think that LA is kind of evil to manage this.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 am

Acidic wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:55 am Hi
Yes mentioned in above posts that I might have mixed mitigation with avoidance but was surprised at no avoidance and 80% crit rate

Guessing here that not even the tactic for reducing defenses did not even trigger. This happens multiple times so makes me think that LA is kind of evil to manage this.
There is also the fact that you have a samplesize of 5. Not really indicative of anything. I can assure you the numbers look quite a bit different on the logs of an SW after a night of bombing.
Rip Phalanx

carmine3161

Post#13 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 pm

These numbers are not really surprising to me, SW can have really good weapon skill i usually hover around 700 wps which is 50% armor bypass, that pretty much makes most ranged casters armor void.

For the high crit that's even easier. bis gear is around 12% crit, +5% from skirmish, +14% from renown, + another 5% from liniments if they are so keen, and lastly the bullseye tactic which gives 20% crit for 5 seconds once you crit a target once AND 5 piece conq has a 100 initiative debuff.

After the new avoidance's changes you wont be dodging anything against a 1050 ballistic SW with your base dodge chance. You will have to spec some renown into some dodge if you want a chance and bare in mind that a SW has 2 dodge mitigation tactics. One that has to proc for 15% dodge debuff for 10 seconds and then 2nd one which is just a flat 10% reduce chance to be defended against.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Acidic

Post#14 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:03 pm

carmine3161 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 pm These numbers are not really surprising to me, SW can have really good weapon skill i usually hover around 700 wps which is 50% armor bypass, that pretty much makes most ranged casters armor void.

For the high crit that's even easier. bis gear is around 12% crit, +5% from skirmish, +14% from renown, + another 5% from liniments if they are so keen, and lastly the bullseye tactic which gives 20% crit for 5 seconds once you crit a target once AND 5 piece conq has a 100 initiative debuff.

After the new avoidance's changes you wont be dodging anything against a 1050 ballistic SW with your base dodge chance. You will have to spec some renown into some dodge if you want a chance and bare in mind that a SW has 2 dodge mitigation tactics. One that has to proc for 15% dodge debuff for 10 seconds and then 2nd one which is just a flat 10% reduce chance to be defended against.
Ok thx this is what I was looking for.