Recent Topics

Ads

Is Shadow Warrior "broken"?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
danny262

Re: Is Shadow Warrior "broken"?

Post#31 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:52 pm

carmine3161 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm
danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 pm
lefze wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Just to be clear, these views come form a lack of experience. And melee SW happens to be the only meta spec available to them.

You also seem to be under the delusion that the game is meant to be played alone. SWs disadvantage comes from the fact that they lack an AoE detaunt and defensive M1 to use when their guard is punted. They also rely on whirling pin for escapes, which often leads to being able to get out combat, but lacking a snarebreaker leads to being quickly caught again unless M2 is ready

And also SWs ranged abilities are weak beyond comparison, hence melee is the only option.
First paragraph, I totally agree, without knowing how to get out or finish the kill I don't like to even rely just on whirling pin because it can also get tricky if I've been knocked down)

Seconds paragraph - nope, DOTs, Block, Resistance, Armor debuffs, Team crit boost, 50% healing debuff, Distracting Shots(in aoe form?), Execution shots, Silence, AoE Spital/Barrage/Rain of Steel/FA (w/ enchanted arrows) - By far a much greater advantage compared to another melee dps when Order got way better DPS choices... I don't consider Assault a DPS class but a great utility class since I don't look on the short term burst dmg to call it weak, ONLY because I know that I'm not playing alone, having assault main advantage is the ability to not have any cast time/range limitations, again, mostly since I'm for the team effort.
I'll upload a video of ASW 6v6 maybe that will answer some of your skepticism. soon™
I'm not skeptical, I'm just saying SW - utility class not pure DPS and it should head to that direction imho. I would love to help you with the video if you need a dummy :D

Ads
danny262

Post#32 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm

lefze wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm
lefze wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Just to be clear, these views come form a lack of experience. And melee SW happens to be the only meta spec available to them.

You also seem to be under the delusion that the game is meant to be played alone. SWs disadvantage comes from the fact that they lack an AoE detaunt and defensive M1 to use when their guard is punted. They also rely on whirling pin for escapes, which often leads to being able to get out combat, but lacking a snarebreaker leads to being quickly caught again unless M2 is ready

And also SWs ranged abilities are weak beyond comparison, hence melee is the only option.
First paragraph, I totally agree, without knowing how to get out or finish the kill I don't like to even rely just on whirling pin because it can also get tricky if I've been knocked down)

Seconds paragraph - nope, DOTs, Block, Resistance, Armor debuffs, Team crit boost, 50% healing debuff, Distracting Shots(in aoe form?), Execution shots, Silence, AoE Spital/Barrage/Rain of Steel/FA (w/ enchanted arrows) - By far a much greater advantage compared to another melee dps when Order got way better DPS choices... I don't consider Assault a DPS class but a great utility class since I don't look on the short term burst dmg to call it weak, ONLY because I know that I'm not playing alone, having assault main advantage is the ability to not have any cast time/range limitations, again, mostly since I'm for the team effort.
It is indeed a utility pick due to Wrist Slash. Doesn't change the fact that it is the only SW spec that can dish out and sustain enough pressure to be viable. And listing all the attacks doesn't make them good.
Well I don't primarily focus on dealing damage, I focus on harassing (bursting/finishing enemy backline), keeping an eye on to the backline teammates from pestering melees in critical moments, it pays out more than whatever melee dmg I could get for the risk of dying and shutting the team down.

poffo

Post#33 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Well imo *Scout-line should be the pure/true single target dps choise..and as it is now its not.

So make it a glasscannon not just the glass.

Telen
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Id have that corp debuff tactic on flaming arrow not acid arrow. Then you could dot up fester glass steady RF or fester flame steady RF. Either that or make Acid instant.

poffo

Post#35 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Telen wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm Id have that corp debuff tactic on flaming arrow not acid arrow. Then you could dot up fester glass steady RF or fester flame steady RF. Either that or make Acid instant.
Some of you really write mumbo jumbo.

Telen
Suspended

Post#36 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Well you really want the debuff on an instant cast so you can use it after Festering arrow or thats 4.5s before you get to Fester.
The benefit of having it on Flame though is that you debuff the aoe of Flame Arrow. Having it on Acid Arrow means that Flame Arrow remains pretty pathetic as it only gets debuff on its main target. Plus on Flame you can switch to those hit without having to recast Acid.

lefze
Suspended

Post#37 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm

It is indeed a utility pick due to Wrist Slash. Doesn't change the fact that it is the only SW spec that can dish out and sustain enough pressure to be viable. And listing all the attacks doesn't make them good.
Well I don't primarily focus on dealing damage, I focus on harassing (bursting/finishing enemy backline), keeping an eye on to the backline teammates from pestering melees in critical moments, it pays out more than whatever melee dmg I could get for the risk of dying and shutting the team down.
Thing is, you have the wrong focus. Focus should always be to kill whoever is needs to die for you to win.
Rip Phalanx

danny262

Post#38 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm

lefze wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Thing is, you have the wrong focus. Focus should always be to kill whoever is needs to die for you to win.
That's what I do,
1st enemy threat to healers.
2nd taking down the core enemy backline.

I always go trying to save a teammate because thanks to single target disables it normally ends with a swift kill for us(me) as long as it's not a tank or heavily guarded melee since it means our frontline is probably dead anyways.

If there is nobody threatening our backline it means I'm able to improve my position while prepare to burst, normally I end up taking down one or two of the enemy backline (healers/rdps) and the enemy team in chaos.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#39 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:33 pm

danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm
lefze wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm
That's what I do,
1st enemy threat to healers.
2nd taking down the core enemy backline.

I always go trying to save a teammate because thanks to single target disables it normally ends with a swift kill for us(me) as long as it's not a tank or heavily guarded melee since it means our frontline is probably dead anyways.

If there is nobody threatening our backline it means I'm able to improve my position while prepare to burst, normally I end up taking down one or two of the enemy backline (healers/rdps) and the enemy team in chaos.
So we are on the same page. How do you take out any threat? You max out the damage output of the party, you perfect comms to nail down punts, and you kill them. Playing melee doesn't mean you ignore whatever happens to your healers. You clear out enough enemy dps to let healers be able to peel for themselves>Attempt to kill enemy backlines before they can stabilize. This also plays into the misconception that you are supposed to rush enemy backline- you are not.

And Assault SW is the ONLY SW able to reliably contribute enough to a party to accomplish this againt any seasoned opposition. At any rate, my source tells me you were level 28 or so yesterday, this will all come to you naturally with experience, if you have the will to accept that no one is a god with as little play as you have.
Rip Phalanx