Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dansari

Re: White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Post#221 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:16 am

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 pm
dansari wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:30 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 am
Not really.
Melee Squig has already been nerfed a few times.
It's fairly balanced overall. The only ability that might be a problem is the experimental ability "Outta My Way," which is not used in the way Torque envisioned it to be used- It's primarily used as an escape tool, but then again so is is "charge..."
You mean Choppas save Charge to exit fights because they have GTDC to brainlessly engage fights? Interesting..
You say that as if other classes don't use charge the same way...
True. Though other classes don't have two move speed buffs they can engage and disengage with
<Salt Factory>

Ads
facundo7777

Post#222 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:45 am

after few days testing builds with cooperation rly good high lvl's white lions, talking with them and reading forum.

If tomorrows patch doesn't change wl properly (pet sense, axe/hunter to be usefull spec's etc) the class will be probably dead.

ps. why in wl thread we have so much posts about sw and sh xD?

lefze
Suspended

Post#223 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:08 am

Spoiler:
sogeou wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:44 pm
lefze wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:24 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:01 pm

I am sorry, maybe you forgot the fact a Melee SW can make the chance to be crit of the target 70%+. Remember how broken the combo with the SW and SM was? Both SH and SW have strengths and weakness. In a group setting both have a place. Melee SW was OP for a long time until they fixed the 100% chance to be crit debuff.
This is about skrimish, not assault. As for the 70% debuff, prove it. I usually just do the math and show people it's anything but a fact as you call it, but just this once and I'm gonna leave that to you.

I don't need to do anything. Go look on the forums there is an excel doc with graphs if that is how you need things pointed out for you. But, since you said you have a SW you should already know this and just being sassy.
And this is my point exactly; If you know the math or otherwise have a way of determining the effect of the buffs and debuffs in a party environement, you DON'T use unbuffed base values! And keep in mind that Wrist Slash in itself is a mere 80 ini debuff- which means the maximum ini debuff possible is a whole 45 ini higher than was possible before the tactic was buffed as the initiative calculation now adds +35 ini to everyone.

By your logic I could say BO statsteal is a 45% inc crit debuff on a WP, but this isn't even remotely accurate as no half decent WP runs with base ini, and no party runs without ini buff. You have to hit a certain amount of initiative no matter which side or classes you play against, this isn't something exclusive to aSW.
Rip Phalanx

Drysill

Post#224 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:28 am

When skillbar gonna change when stances change, like SWs?

facundo7777

Post#225 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 am

Drysill wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:28 am When skillbar gonna change when stances change, like SWs?
if devs dont change their mind about class desing it will be done tomorrow

Lesnoj

Post#226 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:22 am

facundo7777 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:45 am after few days testing builds with cooperation rly good high lvl's white lions, talking with them and reading forum.

If tomorrows patch doesn't change wl properly (pet sense, axe/hunter to be usefull spec's etc) the class will be probably dead.

ps. why in wl thread we have so much posts about sw and sh xD?
Yesterday I have done some testing while playing my WL, it was so terrible so I rather switched back to my SW.
WL is now just running dude with an axe, before i did crits about 800-950 now i am doing crits about 450-500. Same build same stats. Not enjoying this class any more :(

Darks63

Post#227 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Drysill wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:28 am When skillbar gonna change when stances change, like SWs?
From what I have seen stated they currently don't know how to code that or multistancing abilities.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Azarael

Post#228 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Darks63 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:28 pm From what I have seen stated they currently don't know how to code that or multistancing abilities.
Both have been worked out and will be in the patch.

Ads
Rumpel

Post#229 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:10 pm

This all sounds like the early days of wow and the warrior. Everyone said...its so bad until one guy show everyone how to skill and play...later the class got e nerf and not a buff....but until this guy has shown up...everyone was crying loudly.

I just want to say....give it some days more and it will show it potentials again.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#230 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:33 pm

altharion1 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:33 pm Jeez you made the WL hard work now. Yeah with some buffhead, nerfed buttons and aura shenanigans its doable. But damn you really sucked the fun out of the class.

- The abilities just aren't there when you need them. Need to switch targets and drop a quick Cull the Weak to assist, sorry no wait 4 seconds on that stance CD
- The over lap of stance change animation and ability animation means its hard to get the visual tells of when an ability has fired. PArticularly annoying when swapping stances straight into a Coordinated strike
- The amount of stance swapping is excessive. Like every 2 abilities and its time to swap stances.

An all round frustrating experience.
You mean it is not easy mode anymore ☺??
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself