Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pkunk

Re: White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Post#261 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:45 pm

gandresch wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 pm @Pkunk t1 to t4? Care to explain it in detail? What was so overpowered in t1 to t3 or even before the last guardian change?

Edit: for me t1 to t3 with the WL was some years ago. I agree the Guardian was just bad after the last change for any tier.

The last Guardian buff was bad and most WL did admit it. No one wanted it and if you read the Previous pages you would know it. Guardian had to be reverted.
For me that is no reason to completely change the class mechanics.
What I mean about t1 in t4 is more about classes in general. You can take any class in t1 and tweak it up with purple talismans and become godly in 1 vs 1 or even 1 vs 3. WL was the only class that felt like that in t4. It was unbalanced and felt bad. My t4 Magus get regularly stomped by the WH's but that is okay. That is the price I pay for going full dps. I can avoid that by taking care to minding my placement all the time. With WL's I basically had to run like hell the moment I saw them or be dead in 2-3 secs. It was so totally insane. You where in a fight with several others and if you started targeting the WL, he would just jump over to you and annihilate you
almost instantly and then move back to stomp the others. It was a jumping tank with insane dps and God help you if he had a heal bot.

I must say that forcing stances on them was a bad move. Could have just cut the dps by % instead because many ppl hate stance dancing.

Ads
mursaat1337

Re: White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Post#262 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Pkunk wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:45 pm
gandresch wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 pm @Pkunk t1 to t4? Care to explain it in detail? What was so overpowered in t1 to t3 or even before the last guardian change?

Edit: for me t1 to t3 with the WL was some years ago. I agree the Guardian was just bad after the last change for any tier.

The last Guardian buff was bad and most WL did admit it. No one wanted it and if you read the Previous pages you would know it. Guardian had to be reverted.
For me that is no reason to completely change the class mechanics.
What I mean about t1 in t4 is more about classes in general. You can take any class in t1 and tweak it up with purple talismans and become godly in 1 vs 1 or even 1 vs 3. WL was the only class that felt like that in t4. It was unbalanced and felt bad. My t4 Magus get regularly stomped by the WH's but that is okay. That is the price I pay for going full dps. I can avoid that by taking care to minding my placement all the time. With WL's I basically had to run like hell the moment I saw them or be dead in 2-3 secs. It was so totally insane. You where in a fight with several others and if you started targeting the WL, he would just jump over to you and annihilate you
almost instantly and then move back to stomp the others. It was a jumping tank with insane dps and God help you if he had a heal bot.

I must say that forcing stances on them was a bad move. Could have just cut the dps by % instead because many ppl hate stance dancing.
oh no they changed the skill cap! revert revert! let me know if you guys need a breakdown of how to use stances, mod shift 1 2 and 3 and oh my god, you're done! defensive stance swap and pre kite boi's. unbind that s key while at it since i catch everyone back pedaling! (only tanks are allowed to back pedal hence hlt).