Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fiskrens

Re: White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Post#181 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:48 am

nat3s wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:43 am I rolled a WL to smash faces 1v1. I totally understand how dominant they were. People need to accept that WL was op and needed nerfing. It's that simple. Might have been fun to destroy everything 1v1, but that doesn't feel good to the solo SH, Mara, WE etc.

Players aren't advocating for a roaming spec, with pounce any spec is a roaming spec for a WL. What players are essentially saying is "I want an OP roaming spec".

That's fine, just make sure the other roamers are at the same level.

Final point, WL suitability is now similar to Mara (which has always relied upon a Guard to be effective in 6v6 / SC play). WL just players just aren't used to the drawbacks of playing a melee.
18 pages and ppl still believe that only guardian tree was changed, they gutted the other 2 specs aswell making them bad and unplayable imitations of what a 4 year old might think a mara is.

Also you are pretty much wrong about everything in your post

Players are saying they wanted hunter/axeman trees to remain if you even know what that means, even nerfing by tweaking the numbers.
WL is not comparable to mara in terms of surv our woodsman defense is worse than monst proc
Devs are saying that they want WL to be a WB class and that WL was too strong 1v1 but instead of just changing the guardian tree they decimated the other 2 aswell. People like you have such little understanding for what is even going on and yet I've come to understand that you guys always get your way and it's **** sad.

Ads
Sigimund

Post#182 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:11 am

I think the pet is staying but will become a utility /cc companion rather than an important part of the WL dps that makes you useless when it dies. Unless I misunderstood - always possible.

facundo7777

Post#183 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 am

another idea.
maybe just replace guardian by kind of aoe spec and get hunter/axe back, remove stances and give us normal pet

Azarael

Post#184 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:50 am

I've already made my decision. Suggestions that I am removing the pet outright or marginalizing it completely are incorrect and/or outdated.

Wait until the patch on Saturday. I'm not getting involved any further in this thread because frankly, I'm tired of seeing the same people relentlessly hammering away at the first iteration of a rework and demanding a revert, even when you've been told that change is coming. All you are doing is betraying the fact that you've never actually had any responsibility for a project, because if you had, you'd understand that you will almost never get it right first time.

You've all made your points. My response to all of this is waiting in the wings. Just hold on.

facundo7777

Post#185 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:53 am

Azarael wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:50 am I've already made my decision. Suggestions that I am removing the pet outright or marginalizing it completely are incorrect and/or outdated.

Wait until the patch on Saturday. I'm not getting involved any further in this thread because frankly, I'm tired of seeing the same people relentlessly hammering away at the first iteration of a rework and demanding a revert. All you are doing is betraying the fact that you've never actually had any responsibility for a project, because if you had, you'd understand that you will almost never get it right first time.

You've all made your points. My response to all of this is waiting in the wings. Just hold on.
can U tell us a little about upcoming changes? to avoid spending gold for talis and build changing

Azarael

Post#186 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:54 am

Not beyond what I already have, because even when we release patchnotes to coincide with the patch, the amount of theorycrafting from people who have played the patch for 10 minutes (or not even played at all!) and think they know it all is insane. Why would I want to post notes so that people can theorycraft even more, without any possibility to play the changes?

soliticks

Post#187 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:04 am

lol fair enough. Thanks for hearing us out and all Aza. Saturday then
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

kweedko

Post#188 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:49 am

Azarael wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:54 am Not beyond what I already have, because even when we release patchnotes to coincide with the patch, the amount of theorycrafting from people who have played the patch for 10 minutes (or not even played at all!) and think they know it all is insane. Why would I want to post notes so that people can theorycraft even more, without any possibility to play the changes?
It's called documentation testing, you know. :mrgreen: It might discover very nasty things in design, that you gonna fix longer when you already have an implementation. Prevent the troubles instead of patching them, that a very good rule.

Ads
Dallas2288

Post#189 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:09 pm

:cry: Altdorf is a flood with the tears of WLs. :cry: Muhahhahahhuahuaha
Image Garygygax-BG

Darks63

Post#190 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:57 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 am
live4treasure wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 am Azarael has stated that next patch WL pet will be removed, yes. Something was mentioned about a tactic that might give you a pet, but none of your class features will be dependant on it. I'll just go ahead and answer that question, to save time and breath. These or next weekends, WL will get the changes it needs to be competetive
funny thing i deleted maruder few months ago (40/40 around) because stance playstyle was boring for me :p and i start to play wl as on live servers :D what should i do now:D?
Try rolling a WE they have good burst, can solo, and it's an elf.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.