Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
soliticks

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#51 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Charon wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:56 pm
soliticks wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:55 pm There are tactics like Perfect Defenses and Calming Winds that I believe NOBODY uses due to their unreliable uptime. Perhaps replace things like these instead.
Are you playing your sm correctly???? Calming Winds useless, especially now???

2. I generally think that hp regen tks were used only by 2 ppl that currently argue at this forum to get it back. (or its some scam to implement hidden nerf to sm - im paranoid a bit :twisted: ). 2xhp regen build might work only if there was no proper healers in your party and you fight against pug with out st dmg focus or you build yourself for solo roam. For 6v6 premade or any group that was smart enough to use assist macro those tks were useless. Any way when I checked them usually 60 to 70% of ticks were overhealed.
Yes I am. Are you?
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Ads
MayoDaen78

Post#52 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:08 am

Wow nice, I am quite happy with this new patch, though I need to get used to, with having no Aethyric Armor now lol... I know the armor buff dont stacks with armor pots, and can easily be disenchant, but the 5% disrupt bonus is always nice to have, and it's easy to re-apply. Before the patch I was trying the Vaul + Hoeth combo, ( tripple bubble spec with BoH and BE) after being Khaine ED spec for so long. Even though the heal ticks are quite small, it's a decent hp regen to have for a tank, especially for solo roaming or small group when healer is absence, and since BoH benefits other people, I never see BoH as selfish. It's actually quite nice to hit mob with BoH applied, and get heal from it while the buff last. I love to see it applied to Keep Lord or destro front line and see those +60-70 heal ticks keeps popping on your screen when order attacks :-)
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

madwasp

Post#53 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:14 am

Playing alone in a group style game is a risk. However interesting and exciting. Let give the player the choice possibility which playstyle and (live or die style) is preferable for them. Why to force any direction? Freedome in a game is a great treasure.
In pve it was very cool for a tank.

For example I also like that SM self healing buff, it was not too strong but funny. It had space +1 ability in the list... It boosted playing diversity.

MayoDaen78

Post#54 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:34 am

Any Vaul/Hoeth SM tested the Vaul tempering skill and the new phantom blade enchant? is it good in wb setting? I am yet to test it. I also really like the new heavens blade :), it's quite nice to have your group mates resistance or armor gets buffed up when taking pressure from destro.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Mystry
Suspended

Post#55 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 am

MayoDaen78 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:34 am Any Vaul/Hoeth SM tested the Vaul tempering skill and the new phantom blade enchant? is it good in wb setting? I am yet to test it. I also really like the new heavens blade :), it's quite nice to have your group mates resistance or armor gets buffed up when taking pressure from destro.
Heaven's Blade is borderline useless because it doesn't stack with armor pots, which everyone and their mother uses and outside of sorc word of pain bombing, most burst damage comes from the melee train. Phantom Blade is only 32 wounds. 320 HP isn't that much, most DPS auto for more than that. Seems like it's best just to stick with the ol' faithful Nature's Blade.

I really want to test a solo roam build I've been thinking of for a few days now but I just don't have the defensive gear pieces to do it since I never do ORVR.

Ugle

Post#56 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:24 am

Heavens blade is bugged atm, my potent enchantment hits friendly targets :D

As for the usefulness of Phantoms Blade, if you spec into Vaul, it buffs/heals for more (for me 48 wounds when lightly specced into it (the 5pt bubble)), also heals for every proc, so borderline OP in AOEspam environment.

IMO Vauls tempering usefulness is reduced because it needs a target in meleerange to cast, hence you are usually allready ccd.

Phoenix Wing is kinda useless in WB specc with 2h requirement.

Raking talons tactic has an extremly small radius, so if you are lucky you affect the target and his guard, not worth 11 points IMO.
inactive

MayoDaen78

Post#57 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:21 am

Mystry wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 am
MayoDaen78 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:34 am Any Vaul/Hoeth SM tested the Vaul tempering skill and the new phantom blade enchant? is it good in wb setting? I am yet to test it. I also really like the new heavens blade :), it's quite nice to have your group mates resistance or armor gets buffed up when taking pressure from destro.
Heaven's Blade is borderline useless because it doesn't stack with armor pots, which everyone and their mother uses and outside of sorc word of pain bombing, most burst damage comes from the melee train. Phantom Blade is only 32 wounds. 320 HP isn't that much, most DPS auto for more than that. Seems like it's best just to stick with the ol' faithful Nature's Blade.

I really want to test a solo roam build I've been thinking of for a few days now but I just don't have the defensive gear pieces to do it since I never do ORVR.
regarding Heavens Blade, in game I was lucky enough to ask Azarael about it, and it wasn't meant to stack with armor pots , otherwise it will be too OP...
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Azarael

Post#58 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:27 am

Ugle wrote:IMO Vauls tempering usefulness is reduced because it needs a target in meleerange to cast, hence you are usually allready ccd.
This is incorrect. It requires Perfect Balance, but does not require a target.

Ads
Ugle

Post#59 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Azarael wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:27 am
Ugle wrote:IMO Vauls tempering usefulness is reduced because it needs a target in meleerange to cast, hence you are usually allready ccd.
This is incorrect. It requires Perfect Balance, but does not require a target.
I stand corrected then :)

edit; @Aza; is the ability flagging as perfect balance req on hotbar? Maybe that was what fooled me, if it did not light up and I tried to spam it in improved balance.. (Or I am just not paying attention :P)
Last edited by Ugle on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inactive

peterthepan3

Post#60 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Mystry wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 am

HB provides Resistances and Armor, which is a step forward in allowing for possible SM/IB comps one day.