Recent Topics

Ads

WL Guardian

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mykomark

WL Guardian

Post#1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:33 pm

After recent WL's Guardian tree update all Guardian builds are out of date. Any thoughts on a new Guardian build ? I,m really struggling, please help.

Ads
danjk2004

Re: WL Guardian

Post#2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 pm

There is a little wiggle room depending on how you like to play. Solo roaming or small groups/scenarios are what I have the most fun doing on my white lion. I like to play in small groups or scenarios the most and this is what I've had the most fun/success with. I'm also over RR70 though, so keep that in mind. NOTICE I'm not saying this is the best WL guardian build. It's just the one I have had success with. I would love to hear what others have had success with as well.

Build

This is very dependent on Rank and Renown Rank. If you want to go guardian white lion below renown rank 60 you have to give something up. You can either give up forced opportunity ( the armor debuff in the path of the hunter tree), which is probably what i would do, because imo you need leonine frenzy to get the burst you are looking for. In this case get pounce in the hunter tree and then trick out the guardian tree. I'd take leonine frenzy, stalker, and brutal pounce at least. Baited trap is good for more defense. Echoing roar is a good aoe interrupt, and from what I hear furious mending is good as well.

My build at RR70 is forced opportunity and pounce in the path of the hunter tree. In the guardian tree I go all the way to the top for leonine frenzy and then i grab stalker and brutal pounce.

I haven't tried just taking pounce and tricking out the guardian tree, but in theory it should work pretty well. You'd be as tough as nails and would still have really good burst.

Gear

-2 piece Annihilator
-4 piece Dominator
-4 piece genesis
-Scenario Weapon with toughness and wounds would be Bis probably (havent gotten it yet) but subjugator or one of the axes from the epic quests would work fine too. The subjugator axe has the healing debuff on it which is actually really nice.
-Toughness talis on everything

If you are a fresh 40 white lion without access to that gear just keep in mind that you want to stack as much toughness and wounds as possible. I've also been wanting to try 3 piece Dominator and 3 piece Conqueror to see how that works. You'd lose toughness/armor, but add wounds. If anyone has tried it I'd love to hear if they have had success with it.

Renown

This is largely dependent on play style. If I'm solo roaming I'd probably like to add more to defensive abilities like futile strikes (to get the chance to crit you as low as possible), reflexes, and deft defender. In a group I like to do as much damage as possible so I add my renown points to strength and crit chance. Is this a good idea? I don't know, but White lions are a dps class so I like to bring as much of that to a group as possible

Tactics

I use stalker (it increases lion speed, damage, and crit chance despite what it says in game), speed training, pack synergy, and brute force. With brute force my character can achieve 700 unbuffed strength to go along with about 700 unbuffed toughness. Furious mending and baited trap are both interesting and good options if you are built to be more tanky for solo builds or what not. I don't think flashing claws actually works, if it did, that would be another great option.
Last edited by danjk2004 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carmine3161

Post#3 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:53 am

danjk2004 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 pm
Tactics

With brute force my white lion can achieve 700 unbuffed strength
Where did you get this information from? brute force doesn't provide your pet with any strength, I think you're getting mixed up with the bonus from Stalker
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Hogtooth

Post#4 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Your lions strength comes from your toughness in gear and talismans, it's weapon skill from your wounds in gear and talismans. I have always run more wounds in my heart. When I was in Anni I mixed it with a Purple helm (Repose maybe can't remember without looking in my bank) and had my wounds at 10,900. I was looking for my survivability for when my lion was down and on cool down.

I now run 5pc Conq, I want that toughness steal proc at 25% because my RR points are in Wounds (take it all), Parry (take it all), strength (10 points) and then the rest in toughness. (As a 40/4x I would go all in on Wounds, then toughness and the rest in Strength.)

Weapon is Subjugator with wounds and toughness.

Tactics are Stalker, Brute Force, Furious Mending and the last one I play around with currently using Riptose and Max Parry. But have used the dot proc on Sundering Chop as well and Baited trap. Nothing feels completely needed on that 4th slot so use it for the play style you like at the moment.

My current wounds are 9800, Str is 657 but I usually use a 100 strength pot to boost it to 757, toughness is at 579 which will proc to 679 and Parry is at 35% .

I just hit RR70 and will be playing around with my mastery points but currently all the way up in Guardian and pounce plus 1 in Hunter tree. I do take Echoing Roar for the interrupt and the dot. You will have a hard time killing healers and Regen tanks, in this build but everyone else is fair game. A mostro Mara is usually a good fight and can go either way. The new melee squigs are a fun fight now as well.

I play solo a mostly or in duos and trios so Guardian WL fits this playstyle. It's a fun class, play it enough and you will learn to use your lion for a lot of cc by using the silence skill and switching in and out of guardian stance for your lion's other skills, (taunt and slow).
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

Wdova

Post#5 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Interesting to read since I havent touched WL since AoR(Just made one in t1 and deleted it thanks to lack of time for more classes). I remember how WL performed on live(had rr 95) in both hunter/axeman hunter/guardian spec, but thanks to changes here on RoR I have no idea how they perform in current state. Any video with showing actual skill tree, changed tactics/skills and some PvP action would be great just for informative purposes.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Athergic

Post#6 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:52 pm

Wdova wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:32 pm Interesting to read since I havent touched WL since AoR(Just made one in t1 and deleted it thanks to lack of time for more classes). I remember how WL performed on live(had rr 95) in both hunter/axeman hunter/guardian spec, but thanks to changes here on RoR I have no idea how they perform in current state. Any video with showing actual skill tree, changed tactics/skills and some PvP action would be great just for informative purposes.
This is the closest thing I could find, just imagine destruction as the cows :D good luck with your lion, I almost guarantee you will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZyOweB3w1g
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

danjk2004

Post#7 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:15 pm

carmine3161 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:53 am
danjk2004 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 pm
Tactics

With brute force my white lion can achieve 700 unbuffed strength
Where did you get this information from? brute force doesn't provide your pet with any strength, I think you're getting mixed up with the bonus from Stalker
Sorry I meant my actual white lion character not the pet lion. I'll edit that for clarification

Hogtooth

Post#8 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:38 pm

This is a good theme song to play while roaming with your Guardian WL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-0E2oFhPwQ

Hit me up in game if your on NA primetime if you want to run anything by me or send me a pm here
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

Ads
ashton007

Post#9 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:06 am

Does anyone know what OTHER stats the lion gets from our gear?

facundo7777

Post#10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 am

guardian is still best spec to play solo/pug?