Recent Topics

Ads

AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Conta

Re: AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Post#131 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Yes it was an experimental mode a little bit broken to be honest but very fun to play switching lifetap and heals.
I thus wonder to reroll another class. I do not imagine how to efficiently heal without that mechanism...
Any idea what a heal build can be now days?
Thanks in advance.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#132 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 pm

Conta wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:19 pm Yes it was an experimental mode a little bit broken to be honest but very fun to play switching lifetap and heals.
I thus wonder to reroll another class. I do not imagine how to efficiently heal without that mechanism...
Any idea what a heal build can be now days?
Thanks in advance.
You can still use the mechanic. You just cant build points by using mechanic points. To gheal you want to be stationary. Cast lifetap to build a point to get a cheap fast gheal. Then when you have to move hot/cleanse/shield to build points from cast on move lifetaps. Really its about using up those points so you stay near to 0 so you can get back to cast on move lifetaps or cheap gheals when you need it. As theres no way to drop multiple points when you get trapped at 5 its takes a few gcd to get to using the mechanic on the casts you really want.

Valarion

Post#133 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:43 pm

live4treasure wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 am Natherul explained the mechanic a bit better in the patch note forum thread, I've been doing calculations and testing ever since and it's very complicated :D Basically, it takes all your stats provided from your gear, so that's cape, armor, accessories + set bonuses + talisman bonuses and then takes 0.7 of that. When you have tranquility and you cast a damaging spell, if your intellect is lower than 0.7 of those total stats, it will use those stats instead. The same way, if you have force when you cast a healing spell, it will use your 0.7 stat instead of willpower for healing.

The downside is that when if you don't have any tranquility, your spells won't do significant damage as a healer, and likewise when you don't have force, your healing spells won't heal for much as dps. However for healers there's an additional advantage. You can get your 0.7 intellect so high that it's almost equal to a dps am, but you will actually do MORE DAMAGE because your dots and your channel recieve 25% damage bonus when cast using tranquility. I've managed to crit for 1400 damage using searing touch in almost full healer gear on a squishy target and not even runnin max dps spec. That is my all-time record, and before I used to run full int talis max Asuryan mastery build. However, it behaves very oddly, because if your target has high toughness or guard, the damage drops by an insane amount. I've had it crit for 230 damage on a guarded dps, not 100% sure why it does that.

For example, the build I tried in the above example was a dps-centric build with magical infusion specced and 4/6 conqueror gear. I had 630 intellect and 550 willpower. The main purpose of it was to avoid having to use wild healing and restorative burst for ap management in favor of AP drain, which also allows you to have 0 heal crit chance and instead devote all your renown and gear to magic crit chance for more damage. It has it's pros and cons, but it's very suited towards solo roam as you I have 1k extra hp and self-heal for a lot more, while basically doing the same damage with a little set up.

Your numbers seem higher compared to what Ive seen for a heal-spec'd AM dpsing. Im not disagreeing with you, just that more testing is needed here for sure. I'll need to adjust my gear to help with the testing. Exactly how high was your willpower when you hit for 1400?

The overall numbers may need some adjustment by the devs, but, isnt rewarding a hybrid player for using the tranquility/force mechanic as close to max as possible exactly what we want to be encouraging here?
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Luuca

Post#134 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi, I'm Polka the Heal AM. I'm bad at it, but I'm consistent. I am often times the only Heal specced AM in a puG scenario, so I am appreciated for the heals even though I am not good.

My point is that even bad heals are better than no heals. That's like my motto on my AM.

live4treasure

Post#135 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:49 am

Valarion wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:43 pm Your numbers seem higher compared to what Ive seen for a heal-spec'd AM dpsing. Im not disagreeing with you, just that more testing is needed here for sure. I'll need to adjust my gear to help with the testing. Exactly how high was your willpower when you hit for 1400?

The overall numbers may need some adjustment by the devs, but, isnt rewarding a hybrid player for using the tranquility/force mechanic as close to max as possible exactly what we want to be encouraging here?
That would be because, it wasn't really a heal spec, if I recall correctly. I think I forgot to mention that I used Divine Fury in this setup as well, or mentioned it in some earlier post. The way I managed to get 1400 crit is through stacking the damage multipliers of Divine Fury (+25%) and Tranquility (+25% on instant cast spells, which Searing Touch is). It is by far not a spec I would use for any serious content, but it holds merit in solo roaming and 1v1s because of its defensive capabilities and having a way to force damage through despite having low damage stats.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Telen
Suspended

Post#136 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Problem using mechanic to boost dps is thats a lot of wasted gcd and ap on quick heals. You have to use healing energy in that setup as its the only way to really build mechanic quick enough and on the move. It also means you dont have mechanic for your healing where you can cast fast casted heals that are waaaaaaay more ap efficient and spam cleanse.

defleshed

Post#137 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:56 pm Problem using mechanic to boost dps is thats a lot of wasted gcd and ap on quick heals. You have to use healing energy in that setup as its the only way to really build mechanic quick enough and on the move. It also means you dont have mechanic for your healing where you can cast fast casted heals that are waaaaaaay more ap efficient and spam cleanse.
cant you use Lambent Aura to build mechanics 30ap & instant vs 55ap & Cast?
"May your DPS be epic, your Zerglings move swiftly, your Rift Keys be plentiful, and your minions be deadly!" WAAAGH!!

Goldenbow100

Post#138 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I am thinking of returning to my Archmage to see if the class can have some appeal for me. What are the recommended willpower / toughness / initiative / intel / wounds stats to have?
What is considered BIS ? I am wanting to do the hybrid healing / dps spec. How do you spec your points, RR abilities and tactics?

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#139 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:37 pm

RoR.builders - Archmage

Career Builder is not up to date.
bolstering boon -> wild healing
storm of chronos -> cleansing flare (first ability you should get rid of, if you don´t have enough points. Or don´t take it at all and put an extra point in lifetap tree)

Instead of Discipline tactic you can use Ishas encouragement (dependent on enemy and your team).
I am too lazy to test if restorative burst is better than wild healing, but I think you still need at least one AP-tactic.

Renown: Futile strikes,healcrit, dodge&disrupt. I personally like quick escape on almost all my chars.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Goldenbow100

Post#140 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 pm

And is that build optimal for decent DPS damage? i am not expecting to hit like a bright wizard but i would like to deal decent balance essance damage / searing touch (with good dots)