Recent Topics

Ads

AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Post#141 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Goldenbow100 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 pm And is that build optimal for decent DPS damage? i am not expecting to hit like a bright wizard but i would like to deal decent balance essance damage / searing touch (with good dots)
This was a healer build and BE doesn't deal any meaningful damage without 11pt tactic in vaul path. ST can deal good dmg, when the enemy is debuffed and you have tranquility charges.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#142 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:23 am

defleshed wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:43 pm cant you use Lambent Aura to build mechanics 30ap & instant vs 55ap & Cast?
I find in most situations you either need to be healing a single target or dmg is spread out and then gheal is better than putting up hots once engaged. Plus when dps, heals are low, but cleanse is still a cleanse like rez is still a rez. Cleanse a hdebuff off someone as dps and youve done more than your rubbish heals ever could. Its just better to get those dots up and to burst window than be putting hots or heals in to get stacks as your wont get dps up quick enough.

roadkillrobin

Post#143 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 am

Personally I think this is the best the AM/SHAM mechanic ever worked, atleast for healing and then swapping to dps every now and then. Can't speak for the reverse.

Add a AoE spirit damage component to Rain Lord and Law of Age and make em into frontal cones instead of Targeted AOE up to dps standards when stacks are consumed and I think they are warband material.

Same thing with You'z Squishy and make Ere We Go benefit from consuming Stacks and benefit from it somehow.

roadkillrobin

Post#144 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:33 am

The juggle mechanic work exemplary good for healers. No other healer is able to bring the dps support of a sham/am when you don't need to focus heal. If they would just get some AoE dps spells that work as well as the ST ones both classes would be great for warbands aswell.

Conta

Post#145 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:55 am

I'm back from 2 years break as I told before in that thread. With recent changes of AM and also no recent topics I found, what would be:

A Healer AM:
- What would be the gear ?
- Which renown abilities do you recommend ?
- For the carreer build:
https://ror-career-builder.herokuapp.co ... ,3432,3437

I almost played that build with the experimental dev mod.
For a DPS spec I would try:
https://ror-career-builder.herokuapp.co ... ,3434,3463

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
Irina

Telen
Suspended

Post#146 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:17 pm

You want radiant burst as dps. Lance is your only real aoe pressure and without that you will be really lacking outside smallscale.