Recent Topics

Ads

AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
live4treasure

Re: AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Post#51 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:26 am

I think that the devs are not quite done with DPS AM, honestly. Just gotta be a bit patient and try to stay positive about it.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#52 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:36 am

live4treasure wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:26 am I think that the devs are not quite done with DPS AM, honestly. Just gotta be a bit patient and try to stay positive about it.
This game has become more about pure dps than even live was with the buffs so far. AM/Shaman has seen the damage ripped from one tree. A single tree is never going to cut it. Points will be wasted on low lifetaps or fluff heals which in the current meta is just useless as utility classes have no place.
The problem is are were a heal class, a lifetap class and a dps class. Now lifetaps and heal complement each other. So thats two trees. Too many roles on one class. Trying to squeeze st and aoe dps on one tree. No role and again we see a number of buffs for dps. Each time pushing the classes without it further and further down.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#53 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:10 pm

There should be a massive change , a healer should never deal such a broken dmg and a damage dealer should never heal so good.

Azarael

Post#54 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:11 pm

What's this "should"? I don't understand this word.

Ormix

Post#55 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:44 am

It always seems so funny when people say "You are a healer, not a dps", "All you have is a lodps, useless class". As a lvl 68 full dps AM I am a fully commited dps class with a proper dps skill-tree (which was thel decision from the original developers, who wanted the class to have a playable dps spec). The downsides are that AM is extremely squishy, can't quite kite (compared to shamy for example) and only have a good dps with multiple conditions: nobody is attacking him, he is able to stand still to burst, he doesn't have to heal-assist his team.
Also, the class is extremely helpful for a group, it has: CC, aoe-debuffs, AP-drain, reliable heal-debuff, decent damage and nice burst. I always try to help our healers with fully stucked AoE heals, 1s cast res etc.

Not sure where all the whine is coming from, but the class is just what it was meant to be and also is very lore-friendly!
We do damage, we help healers, we cc and debuff. I think dps AMs are just fine at the moment since they do require a good amount of practice to perform on a good level.
Dobroz - AM 40|71
Fridaynight - RP 40|75
Boombastik - BW 40|60
Nupognali - DoK 40|50

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#56 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am

The whine comes from the fact that AM can deal ridiculous high damage and has extreme strong heals too, what makes him RvR and Group based fights op.
The other problem is heals can`t be killed without hard long cc, heavy burst or tons of player.
If he wants to play as DD, his heals should getting weak and if he is playing als healer, his dmg should getting weak.
Healer are suppost to be support and not one man armys.

oaliaen

Post#57 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:56 am

Just look for another MMOs..where healer can be a dps for sure, but his heals get nerfed a lot to balance the game.

Sigimund

Post#58 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:59 am

Don't worry, AMs can't max out all three trees until level 120.

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#59 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:03 pm

If dealing high damage + healing strong as **** is no problem for you all, just rework Dok`s and Wp`s back to the Open Beta times where they could heal themself against a whole wb.

Azarael

Post#60 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:17 pm

In this thread: We ignore the constraints of the limiter mechanic and act like AM has the ability to perform both roles to maximum efficiency at once.

If I had a penny for every time people strawman on these forums...