Recent Topics

Ads

War Lion role in WB

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: War Lion role in WB

Post#41 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 pm

If I am not mistaken, its because 2handers hit harder than 1 handers. Ability damage scales off of weapon damage and weapon speed: 2handers have higher damage and slower speed than 1handers, and so even with lower base damage they hit as harder or harder on individual attacks.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Nameless

Post#42 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:49 pm

St wbs are pretty good if made well and do wonders. Even 1st fg playng around 3 aoe fgs is quite strong. And at such setup wl is quite strong cos of his mobility and burst. Theproblems with st setups at orvr are that u need good coordination, good players overall. And most important tank's sov anti cc skill without that ST group as a part of aoe wb is too hard to be effective
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

roadkillrobin

Post#43 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:52 pm

2 Things.
Interupt Raze and being played by the Warband leader if the leader is the first one in and dies every time when playing the BW.

TenTonHammer

Post#44 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:54 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 pm If I am not mistaken, its because 2handers hit harder than 1 handers. Ability damage scales off of weapon damage and weapon speed: 2handers have higher damage and slower speed than 1handers, and so even with lower base damage they hit as harder or harder on individual attacks.
while 2h might "hit harder" this is compensated for by 1 handers faster AA and proc potential?

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#45 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:54 pm
GodlessCrom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 pm If I am not mistaken, its because 2handers hit harder than 1 handers. Ability damage scales off of weapon damage and weapon speed: 2handers have higher damage and slower speed than 1handers, and so even with lower base damage they hit as harder or harder on individual attacks.
while 2h might "hit harder" this is compensated for by 1 handers faster AA and proc potential?
Well what I am saying is that the reason WL may have lower tooltip damage than Mara (which may not be true: has to be tested in game, as different classes in career builder use different level baselines. I.e. Mara uses lvl 25 base stats to show tooltip damage, but Black Guard is something like level 36 base stats IIRC.) is that the fact that they use 2 handed weapons means theyre individual attacks will always hit harder. So the lower tooltip damage might be to compensate for that scaling.

Not saying anything about 2h vs. DW balance, as we all know who wins there.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

ella
Banned

Post#46 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:46 pm

aa91837 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Problem for destro
Too much burst and CC
buy armor talismans and use armor pots
Solution
Reduce damage and AP cost on single target
WL base dmg lower than Mara

Guillotine 316 dmg vs Cull the Weak 309 dmg

Cutting Claw 216 dmg vs Force Opportunity 184 dmg

Impale 166 dmg vs Sundering Chop 159 dmg

Debilitate 191 dmg vs Cleave Limb 134 dmg
The exact %reduction of damage/AP cost I can’t say but finger in the air based upon my low level WL would be 20
read above
Marauders dont have a giant cat doing more damage than the player.

szejoza

Post#47 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 pm

^Quality post

lets pick one thing from one class and compare it with one thing from another without looking at the rest
Spoiler:

footpatrol2

Post#48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Pounce used to do AoE damage and echoing roar used to be in hunter tree. AoE on pounce helps but doesn't fix a defined role of a hunter WL except for m4 bomb but at these dirty slow rates forget about it.

Ads
Acidic

Post#49 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:50 am

aa91837 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Problem for destro
Too much burst and CC
buy armor talismans and use armor pots
Solution
Reduce damage and AP cost on single target
WL base dmg lower than Mara

Guillotine 316 dmg vs Cull the Weak 309 dmg

Cutting Claw 216 dmg vs Force Opportunity 184 dmg

Impale 166 dmg vs Sundering Chop 159 dmg

Debilitate 191 dmg vs Cleave Limb 134 dmg
The exact %reduction of damage/AP cost I can’t say but finger in the air based upon my low level WL would be 20
read above
Think you should read what the thread is about.
It’s about making WL more WB friendly

footpatrol2

Post#50 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:02 am

If the m4 was a option the WL would have a role in WB's with blade and claw m4. That's 2400 damage 30 ft per WL. WL does have a self morale pump tactic. Combine that with AM's morale pumping. Take 4 WL's with m4 Blade and claw that's 9600 morale damage 30ft on pounce delivery which almost kills anything except super defttard tanks. Coordinate your pounce. If you want tanks tied to your pounce morale bomb take SM's.

Dirty slow morale rates don't help the WL find a role in wb's and the morale slow rates creates overall game imbalance.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.