Recent Topics

Ads

War Lion role in WB

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Akilinus

Re: War Lion role in WB

Post#51 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:04 am

footpatrol2 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:02 am If the m4 was a option the WL would have a role in WB's with blade and claw m4. That's 2400 damage 30 ft per WL. WL does have a self morale pump tactic. Combine that with AM's morale pumping. Take 4 WL's with m4 Blade and claw that's 9600 morale damage 30ft on pounce delivery which almost kills anything except super defttard tanks. Coordinate your pounce. If you want tanks tied to your pounce morale bomb take SM's.

Dirty slow morale rates don't help and creates overall game imbalance.
Sounds like a one trick pony.
If m4 is what makes a class viable for warband than every class would be viable?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#52 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 am

All morale bombs are one trick ponies.

Nekkma

Post#53 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am

footpatrol2 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 am All morale bombs are one trick ponies.
Indeed, bring back a version of classic bombing! Even with all its flaws it was still more fun then after AOE nerf and moralebombing became the way to deal with organized opponents.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Tesq

Post#54 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Someone should level up one and make a proposal for it :P

Acidic

Post#55 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:03 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:37 pm Someone should level up one and make a proposal for it :P
Working on it :)

Theseus

Post#56 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:23 pm

dansari wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:33 am WL is not "meta" wb play. Meta DPS is ~4-5 BW, 2 SL, 1 pull engy, 1 dps runie, depending on how min max you want to be. To say that WL should be "changed" to fit into a wb DPS class is looking at it the wrong way. Devs have already given their opinion that not every class should be viable in every aspect of gameplay. So, it seems that, at least in the current iteration of the game, WL excels at small scale but does not bring much to large scale.
I do actually disagree. That only is true, if we only look on the path of least resistence. If we would take a more "racial" path and more large scale strategic path, lets say 3 or four coordinated warbands. You could build a fast skirmish elven warband, with Swordmasters, Shadowwarriors, Archmages and White lions to lure the enemy where you want him. Probably between an dwarfen ambos wb (Ironbrakers, Runepriests a few Engeneers as backup) and an empire Bombwb. The problem is, almost nobody looks at the game that way as it would mean lots of precise coordination.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#57 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:33 pm

If you could field 3-4 warbands with that amount of coordination, youd win every zone on numbers and morale bombs alone.

No guilds have the numbers or dedication anymore for that though.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

dansari

Post#58 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:44 pm

There is also nothing very "fast" about an elven-only warband except for SM m2 and WL pounce/charge. Sure, the game was *supposed* to be a certain way, and now it's not that way; that's why I prefaced it with "this is the meta playstyle."
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Theseus

Post#59 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:10 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:33 pm If you could field 3-4 warbands with that amount of coordination, youd win every zone on numbers and morale bombs alone.

No guilds have the numbers or dedication anymore for that though.
Which is one of the main problems of this game in my oppinion.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#60 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Well its not exactly a problem you can fix. Cannot social engineer players into wanting to play a certain way.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!