Recent Topics

Ads

Melee/Assault SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

Re: Melee/Assault SW

Post#151 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:29 pm

bloodi wrote:The two words that dont have any meaning anymore seem to be "retired" and "whining".
Dabbart wrote:@Dan You’re a far Better SW than me, so I’ll take your word for it....
iI think that when you started arguing that melee for sw is too dangerous while at the same time claiming 100% crit is not the death of anyone we kinda figured that out.
I never said melee is too dangerous. It is more dangerous than ranged. And again, I didn’t say 100% crit is not the death of anyone. I said it isn’t a garaunteed death. You still have defensive abilities. Oh and Guard.

Ok Bloodi. We get it. Your salty. At least attempt to not make **** up though...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#152 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Penril wrote:Have you tried countering it with a BG? Just keep the SW perma snared, KD for 5 seconds, superpunt him away from the fight, etc. etc.

Just wondering. (and yeah, i also think it is broken but you guys have to figure out a way to counter it as much as possible until it gets fixed).

@bloodi: retirado del juego pero no del foro. Es divertido y tengo tiempo libre en la oficina.
The counters are all linear, so they dont reduce it as much as wrist slash debuffs by itself and all the other things are also true for everything else in the game.

@Penril: Pues creo que no fue el juego lo que te hizo decirle a uno que se merecia que le partieran la boca a diario, mejor juega y dejame los comentarios sarcasticos sin gracia alguna a mi.
Dabbart wrote:And again, I didn’t say 100% crit is not the death of anyone. I said it isn’t a garaunteed death.
Oh alright, those two things are not the same and of course, the video with a tank in duelist gear exploding to it is not proof enough, i guess we need a full conq tank getting bursted in a kd trough tank m4 while crossguarded for people like you to say its broken or something.

Dabbart

Post#153 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Correct actually. Show me a person giving half a **** about defense and survival with a halfway decent group getting smoked by this, without any possibly recourse or counter play. Then I will call it broken. A tank in duelist gear blew up?! Oh Lordy Lordy!

Just like I called the AM/sham .ab ex life steals broken. I loved them, and miss it dearly, but it was broken. Cause there was no real counter play towards it. And the risks were largely negligible towards using it.

Edit: WH excommunicate is a garaunteed death. Mara pulling you into a destro melee train as the BG drops a long KD on you is a garaunteed death. Can you survive and get away? Sure with the right class, group, and abilities not on CD. But it’s pretty damned certain your dying. 100% crit rate doesn’t stop you from moving, breaking LoS, punting away targets, detaunting, etc. yea. There’s more to this game than crit rate. And stacking crit reduction isn’t gimping yourself anymore so than stacking armor/toughness is...
Last edited by Dabbart on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tesq

Post#154 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:54 pm

@ bloody you know you are suggesting as a counter to cross guard?

Crossguard is something rarelly done exept in very high spike dmg situations, if it need to be done in small scale daily this is not a barely "use your counter" issue, it is a greater one which dictate a change in how things work because fast target swap exist and to be forcefully forced to xguard on a daily basic is absurd.

Unless you are going into a very offensive set up even on tank focus xguard is something rare.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#155 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Dabbart wrote:Correct actually. Show me a person giving half a **** about defense and survival with a halfway decent group getting smoked by this, without any possibly recourse or counter play. Then I will call it broken. A tank in duelist gear blew up?! Oh Lordy Lordy!
Do you even know the stats of a duelist gear BO? DId you even keep watching and seen their choppa explode within 2 secs with guard on and all that? BEcause he changes to full conq and almost dies along with his choopa from just the guard damage.

Seriously, do you actually know what damage a group can do on a debuffed target with things like blurring shock before coming here to claim that is not broken? Did you actually try any of the conters you claim that work?

Because thats the thing here, you go and even call people "not halfway decent" but at the same time are asking basic questions about how the SW works, is amazing to me.

@Tesq i know that asking you to write in normal english is already out of the question but at least try to read what other people actually write.
Dabbart wrote:excommunicate is a garaunteed death. Mara pulling you into a destro melee train as the BG drops a long KD on you is a garaunteed death.
One if a speccable m4, the other is a disruptable pull with high chance to fail, TE is on a 30 secs CD and respects immunities, the other has minimum, 60 secs cd and moree often than not, way longer times due to morale mechanics.

You just compared those 2, to a spammable melee ability (thus you can just make it work everytime by attacking their back) where the only requirement is to be in melee range. If that doesnt ring a bell for you, i dont know what will do.
Toldavf wrote:
chill out man if you start slinging insults you wont get anywhere.
I dont think there is a single insult in any of those post so, as usual, i dont even know what you are talking about.
Last edited by bloodi on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Toldavf

Post#156 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:03 pm

bloodi wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Correct actually. Show me a person giving half a **** about defense and survival with a halfway decent group getting smoked by this, without any possibly recourse or counter play. Then I will call it broken. A tank in duelist gear blew up?! Oh Lordy Lordy!
Do you even know the stats of a duelist gear BO? DId you even keep watching and seen their choppa explode within 2 secs with guard on and all that? BEcause he changes to full conq and almost dies along with his choopa from just the guard damage.

Seriously, do you actually know what damage a group can do on debuffs target with things like blurring shock before coming here to claim that is not broken? Did you actually try any of the conters you claim that work?

Because thats the thing here, you go and even call people "not halfway decent" but at the same time are asking basic questions about how the SW works, is amazing to me.

@Tesq i know that asking you to write in normal english is already out of the question but at least try to read what other people actually write.
chill out man if you start slinging insults you wont get anywhere.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

dansari

Post#157 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:54 pm

I didn't think me proposing that you should try a 3/2/1 instead of a 2/2/2 was a crime against humanity, but maybe I'm wrong.
<Salt Factory>

Jinxypie

Post#158 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:00 pm

100% crit rate choppa would be great mirror for start :D
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#159 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Dabbart wrote: 100% crit rate doesn’t stop you from moving, breaking LoS, punting away targets, detaunting, etc. yea. There’s more to this game than crit rate. And stacking crit reduction isn’t gimping yourself anymore so than stacking armor/toughness is...
A group utilizing the initiative debuffs isn't barred from utilizing CC of their own ~ moreso pressure can be considered CC, too, no? So, how do you think the combination of CC and initiative debuffs plays out?

Healing through coordinated burst by while being CC'd, after coming out of CC or while simply struggling with cast times and GCDs isn't quite fun ~ it is pretty much futile if the TTK drops below GCD.
Guard is fancy and all, until the tincan linked to it goes flying while you are getting pinned down ~ and as a matter of fact, the existence of detaunts and pots matters only if you manage to survive the CC.

Don't be so arrogant as to believe that groups depend on the initiative debuff and turn completly brainafk as a matter of that. For everything you can try and throw into your opposition's way, they can pull off just as many tricks. Mind you, a group utilizing the debuffs and SM setup might aswell run super deftard and still out-pressure you.

TLDR:
Try to think about how much damage can be pushed into a 3-5 second timeframe, without intiative debuffs and solely proper coordination ~ multiply that by a big number of your liking and cut the reaction times of those on the receiving end in a similar manner.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#160 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:15 pm

dansari wrote:I didn't think me proposing that you should try a 3/2/1 instead of a 2/2/2 was a crime against humanity, but maybe I'm wrong.
Did i say it was?

What did i say however is that a single tactic making you have to go out your usual specs,setups, talis and rr points just to avoid exploding against it while the ones using it have to change nothing whatsoever, is the definition of out of line and broken.

When you are asking one side only to change it up while the other side has to make a change in one of their dps and that allows them to be way more flexible with their comps, to the point where even things that were considered bad are now usable, then maybe what has to change is the tacic, not how people plays.

Is the same as destruction players telling order that everything is fine as long as their warbands are composed of Kobts/BW/Am only while destruction is way more flexible on their comps and can run them much more easily, i find both arguments utter rubbish.