Recent Topics

Ads

Melee/Assault SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kryss

Melee/Assault SW

Post#1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 am

So, my SW is 40/40 now and I'd like to try something different from sull Skirmish+ glass arrow. Relatively new to the class, so I'm asking the experts what would be a reasonable assault/skirm spec, and how to spec renown points. Gear is beastlord+annih and mehweapons for now, Gutslime bow + Beithir.

Thanks!

Ads
OgiWanBG

Re: Melee/Assault SW

Post#2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 am

Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

kryss

Post#3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 am

Well, I know the builder, but thanks anyway :D

I am actually looking for a rr40 spec for soloing, since I believe it might be tricky to get it right if the toon is not 60+

would this work for rr60? Ranged kd would be still useful to ambush and as a gap closer. Or would it be better to keep the melee stun?

http://www.ror.builders/career/shadow-w ... =3948,3959

dansari

Post#4 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm

If you're rr60 you may as well just go full assault with heal debuff. I've used the skirmish/assault spec with rkd and PD and it is safe and works well, but full assault is much stronger. Full assault basically just leaves you vulnerable to SH but you will do well solo regardless.

For rr40, i would probably stick with skirmish. You don't have quite the tools necessary to pull off an Assault build.

For renown, you can either do what I do: full avoidance with rest in crit (at 40 just grab Deft Defender and Reflexes) or you can go some avoidance with Futile Strikes. Either way, invest in defensive renown first.
<Salt Factory>

OgiWanBG

Post#5 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm

kryss wrote:Well, I know the builder, but thanks anyway :D

I am actually looking for a rr40 spec for soloing, since I believe it might be tricky to get it right if the toon is not 60+

would this work for rr60? Ranged kd would be still useful to ambush and as a gap closer. Or would it be better to keep the melee stun?

http://www.ror.builders/career/shadow-w ... =3948,3959
I dont know why it didn't copied the build...anyway IMO take Melee KD+ No Respite+Wrist Slash and Healdebuff from Skirmish.
Also as dansari said stick to Skirmish for rr40.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Osred

Post#6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Assault SW is pretty much becoming the meta right now in Order 6v6 so embrace it now while you still can, the double ini debuff is mandatory for near 100% crit rate on most targets for your group.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

kryss

Post#7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Thank you for the insight guys, I guess I'll keep this for now with rkd, glass arrow + healdebuff and barrage (not so sure about this one): tactics IA, MA, PD and.. maybe Bulls eye, but i don't like the negative tradeoff. Any suggestion on this skirmish spec? Would be wrist slash still useful for whn i get pulled into melee or charged on?

http://www.ror.builders/career/shadow-w ... ,3952,3951

As far as Assault goes, I'm not so sure about the playstyle: what are the tactics and skills I should focus on? Do you keep running in assault stance with spiral fleteched as ranged spammer? How do you close the gap with runners? Would be this the final spec or something like that? For 90% soloing and 10% grouping in Wbs

http://www.ror.builders/career/shadow-w ... 89,3986&t=

Lots of questions, I know, but I've been only a WH and WL player in my War career, so this wod be my first hybrid/ranged thing
Thanks

OgiWanBG

Post#8 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Osred wrote:Assault SW is pretty much becoming the meta right now in Order 6v6 so embrace it now while you still can, the double ini debuff is mandatory for near 100% crit rate on most targets for your group.
Don't forget that is gear dependent .
kryss wrote:Thank you for the insight guys, I guess I'll keep this for now with rkd, glass arrow + healdebuff and barrage (not so sure about this one): tactics IA, MA, PD and.. maybe Bulls eye, but i don't like the negative tradeoff. Any suggestion on this skirmish spec? Would be wrist slash still useful for whn i get pulled into melee or charged on?

http://www.ror.builders/career/shadow-w ... ,3952,3951

As far as Assault goes, I'm not so sure about the playstyle: what are the tactics and skills I should focus on? Do you keep running in assault stance with spiral fleteched as ranged spammer? How do you close the gap with runners? Would be this the final spec or something like that? For 90% soloing and 10% grouping in Wbs

http://www.ror.builders/career/shadow-w ... 89,3986&t=

Lots of questions, I know, but I've been only a WH and WL player in my War career, so this wod be my first hybrid/ranged thing
Thanks
The last one is Ok IMO. If you aren't Assault speced dont use Wrist Slash . SFA will do more dmg in with the increase in WS so you will be good both in melee and ranged . Try to KD target and VoN+BA after Wrist Slash proc
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm

OgiWanBG wrote:
Osred wrote:Assault SW is pretty much becoming the meta right now in Order 6v6 so embrace it now while you still can, the double ini debuff is mandatory for near 100% crit rate on most targets for your group.
Don't forget that is gear dependent .
Team up with SM for 200 inidebuff and Blurring Shock on every hit
Last edited by Bozzax on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

dansari

Post#10 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm

If you're going to be skirmish with no assault at rr40 you may as well get Enchanted Arrows and Fester while dropping the extra points in Skirm (barrage is meh). Watch Yoko's SW video.. he makes it work well.

For the rr70 build, just go full assault. The skirmish damage doesn't compare to the burst you are capable of up close. Just stack defensive renown cuz your toughness is shite.

Your rr60+ build should be Exploit Weakness, Merc Soldier, No Respite, Swift Strikes, and heal debuff with other two tactics being Wrist Slash and IA.

For rr40 warband play, your AOE damage is nothing compared to Slayer, BW. Just slot supportive tactics like Pierce Defenses and Leading Shots and keep heal debuff on priority targets, like choppas. Get some LAs out when you're not focusing a target (like when rkd is on CD) to proc Pierce Defenses on multiple targets.
<Salt Factory>