Recent Topics

Ads

fighting WEs

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MayoDaen78

fighting WEs

Post#1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am

Hi guys,

Any experienced SM out there who can enlighten me about how to deal with Witch Elves? What is the most workable skill rotation against them. I am having some difficulties fighting them, it seems that they can just drop my health pretty quickly, and also what is that skill that they have, it seems like a disable skill and I can't select my skill from the skill bar ( it's all grey) if they applied that skill on me.
I still can deal some damage to them but they are a pain to deal with. I heard speccing tripple bubble ( Vaul +Hoeth) is the best against them, but can you beat WEs with spec like Khaine+ Hoeth or Hoeth Khaine?

I am currently spec highly in Khaine up to ED and Hoeth up to PoH. with BA, GWM, EA, and Rugged tactica and wearing full merc gear.
RR atm 41, so not very high renown rank yet.

I find this spec is sufficient enough in group setting, but sometimes in sc, when I was alone like guarding BOs, If there's WE coming at me or popping suddenly on me, I will be struggling to survive and beat them.

Thanks again for any input given ;) :D .

cheers.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
Krima

Re: fighting WEs

Post#2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:40 am

Spec for high parry, have some health pots ready to use also..
The skill you talking about is "Disarm, 4 secs
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

zumos2

Post#3 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:55 am

In your build I would swap rugged for potent enchantment or centuries of training for 1v1 potential. In the case of group play, I would always pick 20% more healing tactic over 160 toughness.
Then for the fight, at all times (after they knock you down ofc) keep your front towards the WE and keep up Eagle's Flight (25% parry). With your high base armor plus high parry they shouldn't melt through you at all. You do want to run a good amount of points in Reflexes (renown parry points) as it also helps reducing the guard damage you take, plus making yourself more suvivable against all melee.

For rotation prolly something like Enscrolled Blow, Eagle's Flight, Stance Swap into Wrath of Hoeth, into either Blurring Shock or Taunt and then ED. If you used Blurring Shock, then Enscrolled Blow into Eagle's Flight into (Taunt) ED.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

MayoDaen78

Post#4 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks Krima and Zumos, at my renown rank of 41 I did spend most of my renown points into reflexes, managed to get around 31% unbuffed, rest I just put in might etc. with EF it will be an extra 25% on parry rate. For the skill rotation is it also good to mix in with QI ( Quick Incision) ? because most WEs I noticed like to round around in circle thought, snaring them down would help.again I guess its something I need to work on. What is the highest parry rate unbuffed can an SM get? when they are max out in renown rank? I just need to make sure I dont gimp my other stats, thanks for the great input by the way :)
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

zumos2

Post#5 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:42 pm

You parry rate sounds fine, though I wouldn't put any points in Might, rather go for Futile Strikes and 1 or 4 points in Deft Defender.

It's fine to slow the WE down (will also make it harder for them to get away from you after you wreck their face <3), just try to have as much Eagle's Flight uptime as possible.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

tionblack

Post#6 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:54 pm

If you want to win against a stealther you may wanna invest at least 3 futile strikes.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

MayoDaen78

Post#7 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:07 pm

ah I see , I might try to respec my renown and see how it goes, thanks for the input on futile strikes, I actually didnt spend on that at the moment. keeping EF up is fine with me though I find the duration of 5 sec is too short for my liking, wish it is at least 10 sec long
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Martok

Post#8 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Another important consideration is attempt to never fight a Witch Elf on their terms.

All Witch Elf players want every fight to progress in the same manner, the stealth pop followed by the knock-down followed by the burst damage followed by the disarm. Well screw that. In fighting a WE your goal is to deny them the fight they want, which means breaking or preventing their stealth and getting in the first hit.

To fully explore that issue would take more time than I have at the moment, but one predominant action you, and everyone else, can employ is while playing think like a Witch Elf. When going into an area ask yourself, if I were a Witch Elf and were trying to hide and pop on someone, where would I be? Nine times out of ten that is exactly where they are.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Spierron

Post#9 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Martok wrote:Another important consideration is attempt to never fight a Witch Elf on their terms.

All Witch Elf players want every fight to progress in the same manner, the stealth pop followed by the knock-down followed by the burst damage followed by the disarm. Well screw that. In fighting a WE your goal is to deny them the fight they want, which means breaking or preventing their stealth and getting in the first hit.

To fully explore that issue would take more time than I have at the moment, but one predominant action you, and everyone else, can employ is while playing think like a Witch Elf. When going into an area ask yourself, if I were a Witch Elf and were trying to hide and pop on someone, where would I be? Nine times out of ten that is exactly where they are.
Knock-Down and after disarm :?: why not

@MayoDaen78 Keep snare all time on WE for never show your ass , use punt after she use Flee-Flooted (immune snare 10s) and stay away until the end , use Wall of Darting Steel for counter Feinted Positioning (10s) or Elixir of Insane Power (+50% ignore armor, 7s ), run with 0% chance of being critically hit, use pots heals-ap and is good ;)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Was gonna say, if they KD you they cant disarm you for 30 seconds after you. if this WE takes 30 secs to kill you you are okay amd will win
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!