Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Tactic choice for Assault

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
blackwatch1508

[SW] Tactic choice for Assault

Post#1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 pm

So I got a 40/42 Assault/Scout specced SW. I've been playing her assault since I rolled her, cause its fun. I usualy roll wrist slash, merciless soldier, sinister assault, and no respite or instinctive aim, when I'm running around. I switch tactics for more static fights were I wont get into the melee.
Now I kinda waffle around between No Respite and Instinctive Aim. Anyone have an opinion on which is better? one costs a mastery point. Dont know where i'd use it but, you know. Also i have to be under 45 ft, and is 15% damage giving me more then 120str/ba/WS? Any opinions?

on a side note most of my defense is in resistances/armor/parry/dodge/disrupt. not tough

Ads
dansari

Re: [SW] Tactic choice for Assault

Post#2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:15 pm

I believe most SWs agree IA is an essential tactic in any setup. It's simply too good to get +360 at the cost of 120 toughness. I would go for high avoidance; don't worry about toughness. That said, some people are trying to determine whether Wrist Slash or No Respite is better since you can get an ini debuff from 5pc conq. I personally run a hybrid rr70 build that I like (power draw, merc soldier, sinister assault, IA), even though max assault is probably better damage output.
<Salt Factory>

lefze
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:19 pm

I see Sinister assault as the expendable tactic as long as you are properly geared. I've been playing around with a lot of different setups, and dropping sinister assault is barely noticed with 70%+ armor pen.

Edit: I've played around with 5 piece conq and dropping wrist slash for no respite/sinister assault combo, and while the burst of brutal assault is huge (2,2k max crit) overall damage gets a lot better with mixing gear and dropping sinister assault.
Last edited by lefze on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip Phalanx

sinadin

Post#4 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm

what about your rotation and what spec and renown would you gor for at 40/40? thank you

sinadin

Post#5 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Darosh
Banned

Post#6 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:43 am

dansari wrote:I believe most SWs agree IA is an essential tactic in any setup. It's simply too good to get +360 at the cost of 120 toughness. I would go for high avoidance; don't worry about toughness. That said, some people are trying to determine whether Wrist Slash or No Respite is better since you can get an ini debuff from 5pc conq. I personally run a hybrid rr70 build that I like (power draw, merc soldier, sinister assault, IA), even though max assault is probably better damage output.
Actually, you might wanna test whether or not Wrist Slash and the conq proc stack - if you haven't already. Chances are they stack, proc might be treated as ability and therefore stack with the tactic. < He said being completly clueless at this point how much of the old stack hierachy is left, and what the exceptions are...

IF it stacks the combined initiative debuff will most definitely yield more deeps, especially in a group. If it doesn't No Respite should average out better than Wrist Slash, considering armorpen past 50% is pretty much overkill (especially if you run a reliable armor debuff, which you have access to as SW), and No Respite does not need an application - so during the time your are being forced out of melee, you still get the edge. < He said going of paper, I'd be interested in seeing test.

dansari

Post#7 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:43 am

Darosh wrote:
dansari wrote:I believe most SWs agree IA is an essential tactic in any setup. It's simply too good to get +360 at the cost of 120 toughness. I would go for high avoidance; don't worry about toughness. That said, some people are trying to determine whether Wrist Slash or No Respite is better since you can get an ini debuff from 5pc conq. I personally run a hybrid rr70 build that I like (power draw, merc soldier, sinister assault, IA), even though max assault is probably better damage output.
Actually, you might wanna test whether or not Wrist Slash and the conq proc stack - if you haven't already. Chances are they stack, proc might be treated as ability and therefore stack with the tactic. < He said being completly clueless at this point how much of the old stack hierachy is left, and what the exceptions are...

IF it stacks the combined initiative debuff will most definitely yield more deeps, especially in a group. If it doesn't No Respite should average out better than Wrist Slash, considering armorpen past 50% is pretty much overkill (especially if you run a reliable armor debuff, which you have access to as SW), and No Respite does not need an application - so during the time your are being forced out of melee, you still get the edge. < He said going of paper, I'd be interested in seeing test.
Conq proc is the same debuff as Eye Shot and Wrist Slash, so none of them stack with the other. I had the same thought though :D
<Salt Factory>

lefze
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 am

Torquemadra wrote:They stack (next patch)
Oh man... Already critting like no tomorrow against most people because of people neglecting ini, gonna be crazy. Got one gripe with conq 5 piece, it doesn't increase strenght, any change planned to this? not that it stacks with pots atm but anyways.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#9 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:17 am

RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior RR50

I have 5 parts mercenary with an additional skirmish point and + 21% melee critical cheance.
This is very good dps but playing melee SW is still very hard.

lefze
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Skalier wrote:RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior RR50

I have 5 parts mercenary with an additional skirmish point and + 21% melee critical cheance.
This is very good dps but playing melee SW is still very hard.
5 piece merc is rather subpar, put in 2 anni with shoulders and BL head/chest for BS bonus and you are gonna have a better time. As for the build, drop Barrage and take swift strikes for MS boost. Also, wrist slash is kinda needed without 5 piece conq proc, ini debuff is WAY too good to drop. But all in all if you are running 5 merc you don't really have the gear needed to pull off asw just yet.
Rip Phalanx