Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Against casters

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [SW] Against casters

Post#11 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:04 am

Because scout stance "hits like wet noodle" compared to other stationary rdps :^)

Ads
lastalien

Post#12 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Tropico wrote:
Throat Shot in scout stance. That stance 90% of SW's never go in for some reason. Unlocks at rank 35
FYI - it was 4 sec, not 5
Because scout stance "hits like wet noodle" compared to other stationary rdps :^)
guru %) waiting 5 sec silence with next patch? )
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

saupreusse
Developer

Post#13 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:23 pm

lastalien wrote:
Tropico wrote:
Throat Shot in scout stance. That stance 90% of SW's never go in for some reason. Unlocks at rank 35
FYI - it was 4 sec, not 5
guru %) waiting 5 sec silence with next patch? )
no i just made a mistake :^)

Mystriss

Post#14 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Hmmm should dance all three for best results, but indeed with lag and ping it can be a bit tricky - or at least last I played on RoR, admittedly I've been too busy with holidays and such to check out the new hardware; 'tis on my list of things I will do...

Ping permitting Freya and company will return. Alas, if the ping prevents me from playing my boots as I wish then ya'll will have to settle for Ruthlos the Ruthless and his pet healer; though perhaps ya'll would enjoy the fool Dawi's return more? Is there any Sexy Booted healer love out there for ya'll??

I miss the smell of blood and terror. Such good times in the past my Sexy Booted friends! Perhaps today... Ruthlos is home now :)

My lovely people, how I miss ya'll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhlYQMS ... E97859CB9D

dansari

Post#15 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:09 am

Not sure if your questions were answered to your liking, so I'll give you my experience:

YMMV depending on your level and realm rank. I'm a rr51 SW main and sometimes it's just a toss-up no matter how well you play it. Before all else, I recommend learning Cleansing Wind 3 through the realm abilities. It helps in every matchup. I think it requires 30 realm points, but it's worth it: 2min cooldown + health per dot you cleanse. That being said, I'll go into each regular matchup vs ranged in my opinion:

VS sorc: A pretty easy matchup most of the time. 95% of sorcs will open up with 2 dots and then try to burst you with bolts (I don't know the name of the spells, just the sound they make when they kill a man).
1. Switch to skirmish stance (because you should always travel in assault to give yourself the best chance against WE)
2. Fire off a couple shots/dots as the sorc opens up on you.
3. Cleansing Wind the dots, and apply your ranged knockdown as the sorc is preparing the first or second bolt
4. Finish off the sorc. With low armor they normally get shredded quickly.

VS magus: A toss-up. If a magus has time to anchor down and prepare for you, you will probably die unless you outrank them by a bit. If the magus spawns a pet as you open up on them, you can usually duel it out with mixed results.
1. Let the magus open up on you with dots (CW3 works well vs magi because of the amount of dots they have -- works in your favor with the heal). As they're opening up, you can detaunt their pet and start firing shots.
2. CW the dots and apply ranged knockdown. Make sure both dots are applied (regular + heal debuff dot).
3. Duel it out. You may win, you may not. I've had to pop both pots vs good magi sometimes, but I can get away with a win.

VS Squigherder: A tough matchup. Good SHs will normally beat you. The pet is strong and gives them an advantage.
This matchup is hard to cookie-cutter. Each situation will be different, especially depending on which pet they're running. I normally open up like normal: dot and shoot. CW their dots. If they hit you with the disarm before you hit them with your knockdown, I like to switch to assault as I'm helpless and if I haven't detaunted the pet, I'll detaunt the SH during this time. This gives you the best chance of surviving the disarm. Knockdown the squig like normal and duel it out.

VS shammy: A seemingly impossible matchup. You can't burst a shammy within your knockdown, and they have a slow, an ap drain, and will pretty much out-heal your damage. I try to avoid 1v1ing shammies for their great solo potential. Something like a WH or WL has a better chance to win this matchup than you.

It's been said before, but I'll say it for you: practice. Take advantage of the things available to you. If you're not 40 yet, just keep practicing with what you have. If you're 40, work on increasing your rank, run with potions (heal over time and regular/green), get your influence and epic weapons, get used to switching stances, get CW3 ASAP, get decent talis with what you can afford, get used to running in assault stance, etc. Good luck!
<Salt Factory>