Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Need help soloing

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vandoles

[SW] Need help soloing

Post#1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 am

Hi guys, I've made a new SW after having played one briefly in live and am currently in t4. My problem is that I like to sometimes play solo and I seem to get utterly destroyed by almost everyone. Now, 99% of people roaming in t4 are WEs, SHs and shammies, so let's stick to those. My build is assault/skirmrish, with exploit weakness (seems to help with solo play)

Shammies I won't even mention, facing a shammie 1v1 is not even worth discussing.

WEs on the other hand seem to completely destroy me. If they catch me in assault stance I can maybe come out of their KD with 50% health, KD them, whirling pin away and get a few shots in. The problem is they just pop fleet footed, catch up to me and eviscerate me. Although I've hit the WE a few times, he will always burn me before I can get him.

Squigs are another problem, every time I encounter one they seem to do that ranged disarm they have, bring me down to about 50% HP and from then on whether we're trading shots or whatever it doesn't really matter, because I need to do 200% their damage to stand a chance. And most of the time they're just out of range, waiting for their squig to finish me off.

So any tips? Anything I can do?

Ads
daniilpb

Re: [SW] Need help soloing

Post#2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:52 am

Nothing you can do. SW sux in soloplaying at this stage of the game.
If you are a fearless one, then you can try to take 3rd cleansing wind and resoult with your renown points. It possibly would help with squigs disarms, dots and WE knockdowns.
Then change your tree spec: use 3+1 with the range buff tactic for 3rd tree skills and the Glass arrow from the 1st tree also can help with squigs.
Last edited by daniilpb on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Dabbart

Post#3 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Make friends with a DPS AM. AM/SW ganking combo is a bunch of fun.

As Daniilpb said. Warhammer Online, and RoR in particular, are not balanced around 1v1, or for true Solo play. There will always be classes or builds that you just can't deal with on your lonesome. So, either channel your inner Brave Brave Sir Robin, or get a ganking git.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Vandoles

Post#4 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:31 pm

daniilpb wrote:Nothing you can do. SW sux in soloplaying at this stage of the game.
If you are a fearless one you can try to take 3rd cleansing wind and resoult with your renown point. Will help with squigs disarms and dots and WE knockdowns.
Then change your tree spec: use 3+1 with range buff tactic for 3rd tree skills and glass arrow from 1st tree also can help with squigs
Ok, I'm getting the idea that trying to even take squigs is a lost cause.

So what about WEs? What if I stack armor/toughness, to try and survive the KD?

I've survived before, when they get unlucky with crits, but then I have the very big problem that I KD them, whirling pin away...but they just pop fleet footed, catch up to me and I'm **** again.

daniilpb

Post#5 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Vandoles wrote:
daniilpb wrote:Nothing you can do. SW sux in soloplaying at this stage of the game.
If you are a fearless one you can try to take 3rd cleansing wind and resoult with your renown point. Will help with squigs disarms and dots and WE knockdowns.
Then change your tree spec: use 3+1 with range buff tactic for 3rd tree skills and glass arrow from 1st tree also can help with squigs

I've survived before, when they get unlucky with crits, but then I have the very big problem that I KD them, whirling pin away...but they just pop fleet footed, catch up to me and I'm **** again.
Nothing you can do. Only use resolute to not get knockdowned. Stacking armor won't help cause WEs ignore it. Also toughness won't help too. I tried, you just can't stack enough of it at this stage of the game.
Last edited by daniilpb on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Vandoles

Post#6 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:29 pm

daniilpb wrote:
Vandoles wrote:

Nothing you can. Only use resolute to not get knockdowned. Stacking armor won't help cause WEs ignores it. Also toughness won't help too. I tried.
That sounds really depressing and also sounds like I should just give up and roll a WL or something...

Stinkyweed

Post#7 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Practice practice practice.

How do you approach a fight? What stances do you use? Gear set? Renown build? Etc ect...

Give a herder a call and ask to go to a separate zone and practice 1v1. Most people in this game wold oblige I imagine as long as they are not busy.

Recommendations vs SH.
Assault stance
Merc armor
3pc armor jewels
Cleansing Wind
Detaunt squig pet
Close the distance
Well timed ranged KD to close said distance
VoN
HoT potions
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

drmordread
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Soloing on any class is discouraged through the system changes. You do not have and most likely we will not get, liniments and crit tallies that in your case would up your BAL and CRIT for faster kills, and the 3pot heal and Absorb pots to survive long enough to kill while solo.

The best you can do IMO on an SW is get real quick at switching stances in the middle of a fight. Start with the range boost in Scout and use the armor debuff, switch to skirmish for kiting and the KD and if they get in close switch to assault for the mdps boost.
As for Squig Herders ... unless you take them completely by surprise and dot them up good, you will lose. Their pets can follow and kill you while they run away. Also they do not have to switch stances and all their big dots can be fired on the move.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Vandoles

Post#9 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:Practice practice practice.

How do you approach a fight? What stances do you use? Gear set? Renown build? Etc ect...

Give a herder a call and ask to go to a separate zone and practice 1v1. Most people in this game wold oblige I imagine as long as they are not busy.

Recommendations vs SH.
Assault stance
Merc armor
3pc armor jewels
Cleansing Wind
Detaunt squig pet
Close the distance
Well timed ranged KD to close said distance
VoN
HoT potions
What does merc armor give? I'm sticking with ruin because of the 5% dodge at the end, I took dodge/disrupt chance with my renown points and it's genuinely working, I can now survive a WE for significantly longer. Still not long ENOUGH, but longer.

And wouldn't armor jewels be useless against a WE? The guy above said toughness doesn't work, but isn't it at least more universal? Or what about initiative?

Vandoles

Post#10 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:00 pm

drmordread wrote:Soloing on any class is discouraged through the system changes. You do not have and most likely we will not get, liniments and crit tallies that in your case would up your BAL and CRIT for faster kills, and the 3pot heal and Absorb pots to survive long enough to kill while solo.

The best you can do IMO on an SW is get real quick at switching stances in the middle of a fight. Start with the range boost in Scout and use the armor debuff, switch to skirmish for kiting and the KD and if they get in close switch to assault for the mdps boost.
As for Squig Herders ... unless you take them completely by surprise and dot them up good, you will lose. Their pets can follow and kill you while they run away. Also they do not have to switch stances and all their big dots can be fired on the move.
I know it's discouraged and I absolutely hate it, WAR was always about the freedom to do whatever the hell you like and being forced into a specific playstyle (6-mans, organized WBs) is depressing. But I made a big post about it (not that anyone cares, no one even replied), so I won't go into detail here.

Anyway,

My problem with squigs is mostly that they just fire away the disarm before I can do anything and then no matter how well I do I will always die first. You mentioned potions, would it be good to be carrying heal potions? Is it even worth bothering?