Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Need help soloing

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [SW] Need help soloing

Post#31 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:27 am

OgiWanBG wrote:
Vandoles wrote:Yeh, correct me if I'm wrong but having warlord/invader gear meant you could easily reach 1000 balistic skill and be able to stack up to 300-400 toughness and high wounds, which meant WE could never burst you down in KD and you'd be able to survive until you could kite them.

Not to mention odjira meant you could start kiting and not just get caught up with fleet-footed.
Yes but your enemies also have odjira and kanmera ;)
Im glad these will never see the light of the day again. :^)

Ads
OgiWanBG

Post#32 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:51 am

saupreusse wrote:
OgiWanBG wrote:
Vandoles wrote:Yeh, correct me if I'm wrong but having warlord/invader gear meant you could easily reach 1000 balistic skill and be able to stack up to 300-400 toughness and high wounds, which meant WE could never burst you down in KD and you'd be able to survive until you could kite them.

Not to mention odjira meant you could start kiting and not just get caught up with fleet-footed.
Cant be 100% about them but DF/Warp sets really broke the game .
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Vandoles

Post#33 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:32 pm

I do still remember Odjira allowed a SW to begin kiting, then things evened out with the other odjira :P it's too bad the renown thingy that gives 25% speed doesn't work

Eathisword

Post#34 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:57 pm

My friend ! Play solo, die and do it again... Stinky said it right : practice practice practice. Every class can be beat by any given class if you are more prepared as a player than your opponent.

The Basic needs
1- Heal pots are a must. You can double pot : 1 potions from emblem vendor + 1 crafted potion. You must always have both.
2- AP potions : same as above, 1 from emblems vendor + 1 crafted. Useful to maintain your gap vs melee (even WE !). Use Flee! and then drink AP pot so you can keep shooting.
3- Morale 1 : Lileath's Forgiveness with +morale gear if the lakes are melee heavy, or Concealment if you are fighting lots of ranged that day.
4- Use all your renown points in defensive stuff. Personally, I would buy max Futile Strikes to bring your chance to be crit to 0% or 3x Cleansing Wind as it can give you a small heal + remove all dots. It's what is gonna help most against most classes. Futile Strike is king vs WE. If they dont crit you, they dont kill you.
5- Stack armor. Toughness wont save you unless you can reach high number and SW can't. You can however reach higher armor than most tanks because of assault stance. And you should ALWAYS be in assault stance while you solo. Only switch out to KD/snare then right back to assault.
6- Have 7k wounds. Doesn't matter how. It will let you live through most KDs and straight outlive a lot of opponent.

Know your opponents
Learn how classes are played, yes, but more specifically, how specific players are playing their classes. For example. Nicelook, Ais, Lengo are WE that will always pop resolute defense when they open on you. 100% of the time. So dont blow your CC against them. Detaunt + heal pot + flee and AP pot, survive the 10s. Then KD/Whirling Pin/snare em... and run and shoot them to death. Conversely, WE like Bruxa or Candii dont use RD. So you can Knock em Down as soon as you want. Remembering this kind of info, is imo, key to solo play.

Cheers and don't give up !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Mazadun

Post#35 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:54 pm

Eathisword wrote:My friend ! Play solo, die and do it again... Stinky said it right : practice practice practice. Every class can be beat by any given class if you are more prepared as a player than your opponent.

The Basic needs
1- Heal pots are a must. You can double pot : 1 potions from emblem vendor + 1 crafted potion. You must always have both.
2- AP potions : same as above, 1 from emblems vendor + 1 crafted. Useful to maintain your gap vs melee (even WE !). Use Flee!

All true. exactly what I run on my SW.
Choppa - Mazadun , Sorc - Mazadark, Shadow Warrior - ArrowBlink
Warhammer online: Return of Reckoning videos - Youtube playlist

daniilpb

Post#36 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:03 pm

Healer in the bushes.
Healer in the bushes - sponsor of your successful ganking.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

kweedko

Post#37 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:16 pm

saupreusse wrote:
OgiWanBG wrote:

So it's official you never gonna imlement odjira? kanmera and quick escape?

daniilpb

Post#38 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:42 pm

saupreusse wrote:
OgiWanBG wrote:

When SW rework will see the light of the day? Are there any plans for it at least?
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#39 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:32 pm

there are discussions about buffing melee path in a way it wont cripple your ranged dmg any longer

daniilpb

Post#40 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:00 am

saupreusse wrote:there are discussions about buffing melee path in a way it wont cripple your ranged dmg any longer
Well. I hope that you as sw player will help to make right decisions.
Just don't want to become complete garbage when amount of enemies armour will grow with new sets like it was on live servers. Especially I am afraid of it since engis got dmg buff and we (sws) got more chances to become inferior
Btw be wise I believe in you!
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.