Recent Topics

Ads

WL worth it currently?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sevinn11

Re: WL worth it currently?

Post#21 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:52 pm

This is fantastic information guys. Thank you very much!

I'll give Lion Heart a try, which won't be hard to do so early on in the mastery tree. No thoughts on "Blindsided" Tactic? That 50% build time seems like it could be useful against healers and even RDPS to an extent.

It seems no one cares for "Tearing Blade" either these days?
Last edited by Sevinn11 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Bretin

Post#22 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 pm

sevinn11 wrote:So I take it you find Lion Heart in the same category as Loner. Would it not be worth it for a great any time, magic attack with a 5 sec cool down, and no pre-req's? Could even use that skill point for the Blindsided tactic on a healer, followed up by Lions Fury. Yes, no?
the problem with LH is that it costs a tactic slot and boosts the damage of only 1 ability by around 200? that is totally not worth it after all. there are other options which do provide more overall damage than LH. you can either trust me as i did the math and more than just one test or test it yourself.

also as a WL you will never ever spam a anytimer or even try to sustain for a long period of time. it's a matter of target choice and situational reaction. as for that you don't always hit on the double resistance debuffed target but on to your own armor debuff as for that LH is a suboptimal tactic choice since you can't debuffed spirit resistance yourself and might receive more mitigation than to any of your other skills.

sevinn11 wrote:I'm going to need that burst/damage from the pet to down my target ASAP. It will still be running to the target on my second GCD, as in line with what Lieldys mentioned. So in this situation Loner or Speed Training would be useful I feel. Again I haven't played past T2 on a WL on live.
let the pet go in first and follow with pounce.
sevinn11 wrote:Is Pack Hunting really that useful? It adds that much DPS at the cost of say a tactic/skill point else where with the 5% crit chance of Trained to Threaten?
Pack Hunting is a core tactic and you will NEVER unslot it if you gear properly.
Lileldys wrote:I think it's worth, It is close to the same Tooltip damage as Cull The Weak, about 10 damage off on my WL.
base tooltip damage is 1:1 equal the difference comes from your mastery spec.
Lileldys wrote:Thin The Herd is pretty crap. An outgoing heal debuff doesn't help when killing dps.
it isn't it is just a matter of your group comp. it helps you to kill the dps thanks to your mobility especially against a double DoK setup.

Marsares

Post#23 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Lileldys wrote:Derp, totally forgot about Lionheart. Looks like i'm spending 5g later :lol:
You on your Lionheart WL. Me on my Whispering Wind + Spirit Debuff SM.

You know you want to make love.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Jaycub

Post#24 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Redone in new post.
Last edited by Jaycub on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Krima

Post#25 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:09 pm

Yes!! currently the best mdps in game in my opinion.

Will get nerfed eventually...
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:42 pm

Krima wrote:Yes!! currently the best mdps in game in my opinion.

Not as good as the marauder (or slayer). no need to nerf it either

Jaycub

Post#27 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Krima wrote:Yes!! currently the best mdps in game in my opinion.

Not as good as the marauder (or slayer). no need to nerf it either
WL suffers from being one of those types of things in game that are "un-fun" to play against and thus receive much more hate than they deserve.

The last thing I ever want to deal with as a pug player with little to no healing or guard is a SH/WL.

Sevinn11

Post#28 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Jaycub wrote:So AA haste math pt.2

my attacks deal nearly 600 dmg baseline, double damage on crits... with a knight in my party I can easily reach 40% crit not even taken into consideration the targets ini.

so 600 x 1.4 we get 840 damage a swing on average.

3.1 attacks per second that comes out to 270 dps

w/ AA haste I have 2.1 attacks per second thats 400 dps

The difference is 130 dps, and that's what we gain from 50% AA haste

Comparing this to str, which is 5:1 dps for abilities and 10:1 dps for auto attack damage 50% AA haste is comparable to about 400 str in terms of effective damage. That's over twice as effective as brute force tactic. It also means that the 15% AA haste jewelry is amazing.

That is to say my math is correct or at least in ballpark... remember I am from Alabama :^)

Also realize that the 130dps figure if correct only stands to get larger due to upgraded gear, and most importantly weapons.
Thank you very much for the math. With that information it seems Pack Hunting for the 50% AA increase is really a no brainer.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Blind Sided tactic? I'm guessing it's useful in certain situations, but with only four slots. There are better ones to pick?

Ads
Jaycub

Post#29 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:04 pm

SM is a part of every good 6 man (sorry IB cucks :^)) so you get a 50% disorient from your SM making that tactic uneeded. Probably wouldn't even run it either way.

Penril

Post#30 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Jaycub wrote:SM is a part of every good 6 man (sorry IB cucks :^)) so you get a 50% disorient from your SM making that tactic uneeded. Probably wouldn't even run it either way.
Unless they stack... That would be a 100% disorient on a single target. My group tested disorient stacking on Destro back in T3 and they all stacked (BWs were casting Fireballs in 6+ seconds lol); however it wasn't working as intended (they weren't supposed to stack) and got fixed a few days after we reported it. We never got to test Disorient stacking on Order though.

Add a CD increaser for extra lols.