Recent Topics

Ads

[High Elves] Tactic Dots

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kattastrof

[High Elves] Tactic Dots

Post#1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Does any of the tactic dots stack?
Like CoT? Im asking here because I have had a itch to know this since yesterday but havent been able to test it on the server.
Because CoT does not seem so bad and neither the SM offensive enchantment tactic.

Does CoT, Jagged edge or Potent enchantment stack with themselves?

Edit: Did a quick search on the forums on CoT where it says CoT does not scale with anything nor can it crit but PE does.
Is JE like CoT or PE and does PE scaling work on this server aswell?

Ads
Lileldys

Re: [High Elves] Tactic Dots

Post#2 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:59 pm

PE scales on strength iirc, so can crit.

Yes DoTs do stack, but there are better alternatives. DoTs are only good on WL AoE bombing with Whirling Axe, procs like mad, and is where WL will get its AoE damage. Otherwise, the DoTs for SW/WL are pretty useless compared to what you could be using.

SM should just use Potent Enchanments and Ensorcelled Agony, CoT just doesn't compare to these.

Kattastrof

Post#3 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Awsome, thank for the info! Yeah, never really understood why CoT is in the game.
Didnt think WL had any aoe worth mentioning! :D
(Tried suicide pet bombing on live but was extremely inconsistent and telegraphed)

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Lileldys wrote:PE scales on strength iirc, so can crit.

Yes DoTs do stack, but there are better alternatives. DoTs are only good on WL AoE bombing with Whirling Axe, procs like mad, and is where WL will get its AoE damage. Otherwise, the DoTs for SW/WL are pretty useless compared to what you could be using.

SM should just use Potent Enchanments and Ensorcelled Agony, CoT just doesn't compare to these.
TBH if you're going DPS assist SNB, CoT is very nice due to its relatively consistent uptime and it helps with damage on a target that has been spirit resistance debuffed to 0. Not too sure what other tactics you'd be using if Hoeth DPS SNB anyway.

Kattastrof

Post#5 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Haha nah Im just greedy for knowledge and different builds. Used to run Guardian FE BP Lion with hunter for pounce and armor debuff when most people used loner.
I love thinking about builds even in a game where everything has been invented already

satori

Post#6 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:24 pm

i miss the old days on live where the dot tics of SM passives would renew themselves
hit a target a few times --> run away --> a little luck and no heal on target means it is dead :P
imagine peace

chars:
Tathagatagarba - Idleprotest - Pinkpanther
Satori - Satoritv - Cookiemonstaaa - Arthurconandok - Gobdylan - Marychoppinz - Hugehackman

shameless plug:
livestream - youtube - facebook - twitter

Sigimund

Post#7 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:59 pm

They definitely stack with each other. I don't think they stack with themselves.

Decent source of information: https://taugrim.com/2009/08/16/war-swor ... cs-part-2/

Rebuke

Post#8 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:03 am

Potent Enchantments and Ensorcelled Agony are the only tactics SM should take. CoT is even worse than the snare physical damage dot tactic. Also if you go dps snb assist vauls buffer tactic is amazing. 4th sm tactic depends on situation. If you run with a group isha tactic is nice. But I also often run discerning offense when im roaming solo. Quite fun to see mdps doks not being able to land a single hit on you whilst you whack away at them :p

Ads
jojomen

Post#9 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:44 pm

I just love how all "ELFS" underestimating COT tactic ,but hell i did 180 000 damage in SC with it on my SM , ofc 180 000 overall -damage but 30 000 of it was COT from my aoe hits.
So cry more ppl who ask "HOW on earth u did 180 000 on SM, my buddy said he useless def-tank".
benefits of COT - that it CAN proc from ANyThing,auto-attacks,magic,physic...

Azarael wrote:
jojomen wrote:okay then if we "Fixing" procs mutations from Trowing axes .
Can we fix in same way "Centuries of Training" (DOT)to stop proc form Trowing axes of WL+SMs.

You said marauder with DOTs from range attack -too op, but WLs isnt? (snare CAT+AXE+AXE)

(in both skills discriptions i didnt saw any word of "melee" or "range" - but still to be fair isnt they do
a same thing?)
1) Implying anyone even uses CoT
2) CoT is a racial and can't be restricted to any given attack type, because 4 careers use it
jojomen wrote:Oh comon man, ofc its more based on ppl preference :
Order : (GUNS+FIREBALLS+bowmaster) ofc all ppl wonna be sexy archer or mage.
Destro : (SWORD+muscle CHOSEN, big foot orcs, alex mercer) tough and Manly males.

Rebuke

Post#10 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:53 am

Useless fluff damage. EA and PE are the only way to go in any serious build (as far as dot tactics are desired in a setup).