Recent Topics

Ads

[White Lion] Pounce need a Cooldown

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toldavf

Re: [White Lion] Pounce need a Cooldown

Post#11 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:19 am

I play des mostly and as much as I hate this ability (stop escaping!) I'd hate to see it nerfed to uselessness. Wl definitely does need looking at though its mobility, cc and random pve stuff all need a good discussion on their impact on the games balance.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
thefarthestland

Post#12 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:33 am

Should switch CD because pounce would not change anything in the WL function

Pounce - KD - burst damage - Charge to escape

Problem in WL is our extreme burst damage

Tiir

Post#13 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:44 am

Gachimuchi wrote:No, it doesn't. Your first post showcasing an uneducated opinion about how this game is balanced across the two realms in a 6v6 just tells me you put very little thought into this thread. And frankly most of your assertions are just plain wrong. These threads have been made over and over by destru RDPS getting killed by a WL in open or in a SC and don't want to L2P.

I'm not going to even bother correcting everything else wrong with your post because that would take another few paragraphs. Brush up on your game knowledge and READ. http://waronlinebuilder.org/
Sorry to bother you and that you have to answer on my post.

Yes, iam not playing premade 6vs6 pro in this game, just doing some T4 SCs and a bit RvR. Like maybe 75% of all players here? (rdps on order and Tank on destro).In my 15 year of playing PvP in MMOs, I just not had seen something like pounce with no CD in any game befor and was wondering.

So u saying:
You noob, iam pro. Look how OP mara is, so WL need dis! Maybe you are right and in good Partys it is not worth much, but in the SCs i play WL looks much much more OP than Mara atm. All is build around a 30 Sek CD just Pounce not.
Last edited by Tiir on Mon May 16, 2016 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Abolition

Post#14 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 am

3-5 second cooldown.
Modify ability so it cannot be used when in mid air immediately following a knockback (which is actually my biggest gripe with this ability).

Balanced.
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Gachimuchi

Post#15 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:10 am

Tiir wrote: So u saying:
You noob, iam pro. Look how OP mara is, so WL need dis! Maybe you are right and in good Partys it is not worth much, but in the SCs i play WL looks much much more OP than Mara atm. All is build around a 30 Sek CD just Pounce not.
nice strawmanning.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:12 am

Twyxx wrote:
Jaycub wrote:How would pounce having a 5 sec CD stop them from pouncing up the walls and killing the oil vendor?

That sounds more like the problem is the vendor is in the wrong spot (not in the keep) and is killable in the 1st place.

Secondly what stops any MDPS from picklocking in and doing the same thing?
Agreed... Maybe Pounce cool down discussions can be had out of reference to the oil itself. Now that T4 is out, I think it's the start of a good time to look at the ability.
Yes I too an curious as to when the balance forums will open so we can start disscussing stuff in ernest

TenTonHammer

Post#17 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:15 am

thefarthestland wrote:Should switch CD because pounce would not change anything in the WL function

Pounce - KD - burst damage - Charge to escape

Problem in WL is our extreme burst damage
The entire classes design is around burst

If you don't provide that along with your high mobility then wha can you bring to the table that WH or slayer can't?

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#18 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:17 am

i dont think the punce is a rly prob cause
if he jumps to u and spamms it just run out of his guard tank range and he will die instantly (at sc or rvr ) cause everyone try focus wls down ;D
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
Bozzax

Post#19 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 am

If you spam it you are doing something wrong. For catching someone use your M1 snare then ONE pounce. Charge is for getting you ass out when you can't pounce out.

Pounce is the best defensive ability in game
  • takes you to your tank buddy when you need
  • pounce out of focus fire when you need
  • immune to snare
  • Immune to KBs
  • punce mid air to avoid spawn guard death or lava
Oh and it also gives you the option to instantly land on any dest cloth back line at any time. There is 0 risk* as your tank buddy will be next to you again about the same time as dest dps.

Most order 6mans more or less all run WH / WL go figure

* Well provided you don't jump unguarded/ungrouped deep into enemy WBs
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon May 16, 2016 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#20 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:52 am

y but see so many WLS that spam it ;D and if they do they die ;D
IF a good WL catch u in the righzt moment with pounce think thats okay thats the game .

its not like wl is dat easy to play like it seems rly . if u think that play one and pounce into a 12 man group ;D

The only think that i rly dont like is that u are KB immun AND snare immun

But hey dont speak about WLS :D wait if balance forums startet mayb than we can speak about things cause there are so many
Last edited by Daknallbomb on Mon May 16, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy