Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eigar
Banned

Re: [Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Post#221 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:46 am

I know which abilities scale of str and which of str/ws. I just dont know how much (%)

Ads
Ugle

Post#222 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:51 am

Eigar wrote:I know which abilities scale of str and which of str/ws. I just dont know how much (%)
Havent found anything specific for SM abilities, best bet would be to check out Bruglirs general stat coefficience posts.
inactive

Eigar
Banned

Post#223 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks will do!

Achilleos

Post#224 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:11 am

Hi fellow swordmasters,

I just recently returned to the game after quite a while, and decided I finally wanted to play a swordmaster.
Now, I'm just getting started with this career and have a Long way ahead of me before I seriously have to consider builds and gear. Yet I like to know ahead of time where I'm heading to and what my goal should be.
This thread is packed with good Information, but I have to admit that it's quite difficult to piece all the data together and know if it is still relevant at this time and Version of the game. So I'll just freely ask away:

I want to Play a 2h SM as an off-tank obviously. What would the to-go-to-build be then?
Does this make any sense?
http://www.ror.builders/career/sword-ma ... ,2865,2890

What tactics? What gear? Where should I spent my renown points in what priority? What talismans would you recommend?
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#225 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:02 am

The mastery spec you posted is perfect for SM offtank.

For tactics ditch the rugged and impeccable reactions. Go for Potent Enchantments, Great Weapon Mastery, Balanced Accuracy and either Esorcelled agony or Isha's protection (when you feel you are taking to much dmg for your healers to heal through).

For renown --> Resolute defense 1 --> reflexes full --> melee crit chance until out of renown points

Gear = Full dominator with with either speed proc wep (T4 epic weapon or purple bag) or taunt proc wep (T4 epic weapon). Beastlord is nice to have until full domi once beastlord season starts again.

Talismans should be strength, and wounds or initiative in 2nd slot of your 2 hander (wounds if you team up with a RP alot).

Achilleos

Post#226 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:50 am

Awesome, Madcatmech, thanks. :)
Your first post and straight out helping me out - 100% success, bro. ;)

One last question: What jewelry to go with?
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#227 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:54 am

Go for any ring that gives str and +parry%

Skaven Ring (3%parry)
Genesis ring (2% parry)
the rvr green bag ring (mark of the assailent???) (2%parry)
beastlord ring (when season starts) or the Praag influence RvR ring (the one with 27 str and 17 toughness and 2 ap/second)

As you can see; SM 2H offtank's bane is a good Sorc/Magus+BO setup as they will eat you alive if the enemy tank knocks you down or NiDF. Good vs melee setups though.

blackwatch1508

Post#228 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Where does everyone throw their renown points? Im Kaine Vaul 2nd, and I've been experimenting with how much into Parry, Dodge/Disrupt, Melee crit, and STR. Im only 45 Renown rank, but still currious

Ads
Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#229 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:18 am

blackwatch1508 wrote:Where does everyone throw their renown points? Im Kaine Vaul 2nd, and I've been experimenting with how much into Parry, Dodge/Disrupt, Melee crit, and STR. Im only 45 Renown rank, but still currious
Look, starting from this post, 4 posts up.

It is not that hard.

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#230 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:13 am

Hello I have a couple of questions:

1. Does sudden shift break Quick Escape speed proc?

2. In regards to fighting melee head-to-head / taking guard damage: how much more or less efficient is stacking block compared to parry since SM have naturally higher base parry. Example my Parry is 60% and Block 40%, I have the oppertunity to increase only one of the two by 10%, does increasing parry to 70% result in more defense from melee frontal damage and guard damage than keeping parry at 60% and increasing block to 50%?

3. Does Isha's Protection +20% heal received tactic stack with Kobs Focused Mending +15% heal received tactic?

Thanks in advance.