Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kam19080

Re: [Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Post#331 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 am

How SM being super tanky as IB, Kotbs, Chosen and etc.

i tried many builds of SM
1. 3 absorb skills(Vaul buff, PoH, P Blade)
2. full set of beastlord for max resist
3. tactic: Imp reactions

any comments for being more tanky of SM?

Ads
Dankmeme

Post#332 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 am

SnB it cant because SM is the worst block tank. Try going 2H with full toughness and 0 chance to be crit.

Harkonen
Banned

Post#333 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Get T4 epic quest weapon with aggravation proc until you have full dominator, then get the T4 epic quest weapon with speed proc (2nd-bis) or subjugator weapon (bis).

Dont ever bother going for a SnB build once you get WODS at lvl 40.

Heh, its probably better to go 2H if you go vaul/hoeth as well ;)

SnB Whispering Wind bot might be viable for organized 24 warband. But said warbands are few.

Wdova

Post#334 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 pm

kolrhil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am RF could be good/fun if it worked for any defended attacks (dodge , parry , disrupt...)

Still don't get the point of the bubbles in vaul's tree : it could woth it if we could share it with the rest of the group like PoH

Anyone use blessing of Heaven or bolstering enchantments?
RF was redesigned? Does the tooltip dmg was increased and dmg type turned from physical in to spirit? If not it doesnt even worth mastery point. I dont see any redesign on vaul tree except moving KD back to useless 13 pts.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

MayoDaen78

Post#335 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:30 am

Just a quick question does Potent Enchantment tactic when it's used in tandem with Nature Blade enchant become AoE? Because I know Nature blades is AoE. What I mean is if Nature blade trigger and affecting 4 destros, the tactic also procs on those 4 destros not one.

I understand the other blade enchants like Phantom or Heaven's blade are still single target. I never used Potent Enchantment before, because I heard it's physical damage not spirit. Can some more knowledgeable give some light on this? thanks
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ugle

Post#336 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:22 am

Yes it has a chance to proc on aoe abilities :)

Edit; it also scales with str and first dmg tick is on application so you may proc it on every hit with ether dance for example
inactive

Ramasee

Post#337 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:32 am

Nature's blade procs off one target and then applies the debuff 30ft from you and buff 100 ft from you.
In this case, potent enchantments will not affect everyone effected by the debuff, only the one that triggered the proc. However, you can proc nature's blade off of multiple targets in one aoe. Each person it procs off of will get potent enchant.

Potent enchant does not scale at all. It has very little use in t4 pvp (fluff damage, 540 over 9s), but helps immensely with aoe tanking in pve.

MayoDaen78

Post#338 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:04 am

Ramasee wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:32 am Nature's blade procs off one target and then applies the debuff 30ft from you and buff 100 ft from you.
In this case, potent enchantments will not affect everyone effected by the debuff, only the one that triggered the proc. However, you can proc nature's blade off of multiple targets in one aoe. Each person it procs off of will get potent enchant.

Potent enchant does not scale at all. It has very little use in t4 pvp (fluff damage, 540 over 9s), but helps immensely with aoe tanking in pve.
I see , I guess by spamming WoH, you will have better chance in proccing the potent enchantment to more than 1 target plus the nature blade debuff aoe...I never use PE before, always use the EA tactic as it's like bread and butter for most SM, I used to play back on Live and it's spirit based damage.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
Wyzard

Post#339 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:34 pm

Ramasee wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:32 am Potent enchant does not scale at all. It has very little use in t4 pvp (fluff damage, 540 over 9s), but helps immensely with aoe tanking in pve.
I have to go ahead and disagree on this. T4 PVP in a warband is highly aoe focused and WoH spam + PE and Centuries of Training adds up with all of the other AOE going on to melt clumps of targets. It isn't like you're expecting to melt them solo but dmg is dmg and this is delivered aoe with the added bonus of proccing constant effects from your blade enchants.

Besides Challenging and guarding and WW, this is probably your next best addition to an AOE WB and won't take away from your main responsibilities at all.

As a measure of how much dmg it is actually generating you can simulate it in a SC where i can regularly get 100-130k in dmg if I focus on AOE and I'm full toughness SnB to boot. (Discerning offense seems to increase numbers when I've tested it but usually can't spare the slot)

With WW and using PoH/stance shift/gusting wind, you can effectively be in constant AOE mode guaranteeing refreshed dots on everyone. Not to mention the casting interrupts, cliff throws/wall throws/ram dismounts etc you get form gusting wind.

AOE SM is a big deal, imo, but yymv.
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Kobs : Chezybel
BrightWizard : Wyzard Bard

Aethilmar

Post#340 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 am

Just to second Chezy on this, but (Wrath of) Hoeth bombing with PE and CoT is suprisingly more effective than I would have imagined. I originally started doing it on a lark in RvR just to tag up enemies for renown when running solo but in a WB setting it actually seems to work rather well and even in certain scenario settings.

That said, you need a lot of +AP items to make it work effectively (cloak, sword, shield and whatever jewelry you can finagle).