Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peppex91

Re: [Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Post#21 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:07 pm

To maximize CW and BA buffs be sure to pick and use PoH as a 2nd SS^^
That way u can stay in PS b4 engaging xD

Ads
Kallah

Post#22 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:18 pm

I'm currently playing the same build that Eiger, full Hoeth with the 3 dots tactics, quite fun and a lot of damage even with SnB.

Duelist gear and strength talis
Kalla SM
Sniped Engi
Kallak RP

Speedyz Sh (resting)

<Mankers>

Pixie126

Post#23 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 am

I will go something like this when 40. It's close to what I remember running live.
I was snb swordmaster. I was specced 14 into Vaul, getting Crashing Wave and Crushing Advance. 6 into Hoeth, with Bolstering Enchantments. The rest went into Khaine to get Sapping Strike.
Rotation went something like this: 1st stance, Gryphon's Lash, Sapping Strike, or Encorcelled Blow. Improved stance, Quick Incision, Eagle's Flight or Crushing Advance. Perfect stance, Dazzling Strike, or Blurring Shock. Tactics: Bolstering enchantments, Potent Enchantments, Impeccable reactions, Encorcelled Agony.
Morale 1: Demolishing Strike. Morale 2: Raze or Shield Wall. Morale 3: Bladeshield. Morale 4: Immaculate Defense

Something like this. Tactics are more fluid. I had several sets I could choose from.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Pixie126

Post#24 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:10 am

Oh, and I found this to look at spec. It's old, but at least it can give a general idea.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

normanis

Post#25 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:29 am

http://taugrim.com/2009/08/11/war-sword ... cs-part-1/
here is full sword master guide in 3 parts.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:39 am

Pure melee crit and str
KHAINE spec
Use 10% dmg tactic, crit tactic, and either rugged or centuries
Get someone to cross guard you

Apply blurring shock, spirit debuff, taunt, and ether dance.
Full duelist gear

peppex91

Post#27 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Dunno why potent enchantment get such a love... CoT got a 1/3 duration and just around half total damage resulting in higher sustained dps, it's spiritual while PE is corporeal so synergize better with 0 WS builds.

Rebuke

Post#28 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Potent Enchantments:

"Can re-proc on the same target prior to DoT expiration, resulting in immediate damage and refreshing of the 9s DoT duration."

This characteristic alone results in it doing straight up more damage in a fight than CoT and DI. EA is still king in added dps, but a khaine sm would not use ensorcelled blow often/at all. PE is also supposed to proc on aoe abilities, but this has not yet been implemented.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:20 pm

I would always use Centuries over PE, simply for the fact that it is spiritual (you can reduce spirit resistances to almost 0) and that it deals it's damage relatively quickly (if going DPS/assist, SM is good at burst)

Rebuke

Post#30 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:53 pm

"Multi-hit abilities, such as Ether Dance, Dragon’s Talon, Crashing Wave, and Whispering Wind, synergize well with PE, because each hit of the ability can re-proc PE, which causes an immediate DoT tick. In particular, ED and PE synergize superbly together because ED is a 5-hit ability, which means you can get up to 5 immediate PE ticks."

CoT is indeed spirit damage, but it stops there. No stacking with stats, no crits, no instant applying of damage.

PE in RoR can crit btw (perhaps to make up for not proccing on aoe abilities?). Far more superior than CoT in any situation.

Though the fact that CoT does all its damage in 3 secs (unlike the 5 and 9 sec duration) does go well with what you try to aim with your build, burst.

Interesting :D Should be worth to test out.

Edit: Could be argued now that we have 0 WS due to itemization changes, a conversion of all our physical damage abilities into spirit damage (lowering the tooltip dmg ofc) could be considered.