Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Support specs in the post-.ab ex world

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bloodi
Suspended

Re: [AM] Support specs in the post-.ab ex world

Post#11 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Grunklestank wrote:Are you saying MI is good or bad? Your wording there was confusing (possibly a typo?)...

And how is morale pump if I am playing as part of a premade 6man? Still buggy and not worth it? Or...??
Its not a waste of points anymore, so do try it.

Morale pump is worthless on a 6 man setup afaik, its pretty much the case of a "win more" tactic in that enviroment, if you had time to pump out boon of hysh on people to raise their morales that also probably means you were going to win anyway vs them.

Also restorative burst is something you may pick up if you cant pick up wild healing, the later is leaps and bounds better, is just that with the AB.EX changes we could do lifetap healing and it would proc restorative burst but wouldnt proc wild healing as much, neither did we have points to get high on both trees.

Wild healing also lets you just healbot behind a wall while spamming aoe if thats up your alley.

Ads
teclis888

Post#12 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi,
im back after 6 months and the experimental mode has gone.
So im Right that BE is not longer a group heal?
Can anyone post a spec for an AM who goes with random groups most time.
Can anyone post an rotation what is useful at the moment?
Thx for help.

xtc1999
Banned

Post#13 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:20 pm

normal, pre ab ex isha spec, works just fine
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

scatterthewinds

Post#14 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:47 pm

I like something like this http://www.ror.builders/career/archmage ... ,3437,3431

or get morale pump instead of desperation.

teclis888

Post#15 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Thx for answers.
Anyone a suggestion for the skill rotation?
I played some sc and now healing while moving is very bad.
Also the group heal from BE has gone, very bad too.
I m only standing back of the frontline and spam 3 or 4 healing skills.
The stats after sc were also bad. There was a big gap between me and the runepriest and the sigmarpriest. There was no other AM in the sc that i can see his stats.
Can anyone tell me skill rotation/playing ideas or is it at the moment the truth for AM standing behind the front and spaming 3-4 healing skills.

xtc1999
Banned

Post#16 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:53 pm

teclis888 wrote:Thx for answers.
Anyone a suggestion for the skill rotation?
I played some sc and now healing while moving is very bad.
Also the group heal from BE has gone, very bad too.
I m only standing back of the frontline and spam 3 or 4 healing skills.
The stats after sc were also bad. There was a big gap between me and the runepriest and the sigmarpriest. There was no other AM in the sc that i can see his stats.
Can anyone tell me skill rotation/playing ideas or is it at the moment the truth for AM standing behind the front and spaming 3-4 healing skills.
Hot's on everyone, use aoe heal as filler, time your m2 when friendly is being dpsed
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

scatterthewinds

Post#17 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Trick is to move during the GCDs, or use hots/healing energy while you take steps. Find a safe spot and pump out the single target heals/aoe heals. If someone is moving towards you, drop puddle and kite a few paces pack, and start healing again.

I think it is normal for wp/rp to get bigger numbers than AM. It really depends on the composition of the party, how the damage you are taking is being distributed. I wouldn't look at heal number as indication of whether you healed well or not, but rather if people died, if you died, etc.

Yes AMs are basically there to spam a handful of heal skills. your hot, your aoe heal, single target heal, healing energy for emergencies, cleanse, puddle, and shield. Drain magic on mdps helps too.

xtc1999
Banned

Post#18 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: I think it is normal for wp/rp to get bigger numbers than AM. It really depends on the composition of the party, how the damage you are taking is being distributed. I wouldn't look at heal number as indication of whether you healed well or not, but rather if people died, if you died, etc.
no its not
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:42 am

I suggest this build: RoR.builders - Archmage

The heal debuff is not bad, but usually a dps will have a HD. And I guess in pug play it is mostly wasted anyway. The silence is one of the longest disables in the game.
Next points (at rr50...) you can put in wild healing (switch it with restorative burst) and bolstering boon (situational). Never remove Desperation, its the AM equivalent of exalted defenses. A slightly op must-have tactic.

Heal Numbers doesn´t matter that much. WPs usually surpass you when enemy has a lot of AoE or your team has effective guard, because of better group heal abilities. RP can heal a lot more, when they use heal-rune (for whatever reason... ap rune is better).
Just make sure you also heal outside group and adjust your UI accordingly.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Darosh
Banned

Post#20 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:38 am

The silence is gold when up against Maras, and generally good utility.
I'd suggest to run morale pumping if you find yourself with a spare slot, or one you have no obvious filler for ~ it most certainly is BiS in (organized) warband play.

One cast for M1, three-ish (more like two-ish) for M2, seven-ish casts for M3 and roughly 12ish casts for M4. Note you can pump yourself to M2 at the start of engagements, pop it and pump someone else to M3 or two or three members of your group to M2 within its duration.
Of course it is not feasible for 6vX on open field and without cannonfodder at hand, or 6v6 for that matter, but it certainly is one of the fancier things AMs have access to.