Recent Topics

Ads

(SW) Skirmisher rotation and spec?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
shaggyboomboom

Re: (SW) Skirmisher rotation and spec?

Post#11 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:41 am

Ads
Elftwin95

Post#12 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:59 am

Thank you Shaggy
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

spikespiegel84

Post#13 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:04 am

And don't forget to steal your mate's kills with rapid :D

In group, try to cc tanks to leave mdps and heals without guard. You can be a valuable asset in rvr if you focus properly and assist on time. Include armor debuff in your rotation. And VON before you decide to burst your target.

Elftwin95

Post#14 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Thank you for the tips Spikes :)

Strike swiftly aim true

Ugle

Post#15 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:33 am

Full blown skirm spec, prepare to die when caught:
http://www.ror.builders/career/shadow-w ... ,3952,3959
inactive

Elftwin95

Post#16 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:03 am

Thank you for sharing Ugle! :)

Strike swiftly aim true

Delenot

Re: (SW) Skirmisher rotation and spec

Post#17 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm

dansari wrote:Yeah dropping two dots and a jump normally takes SHs to like half health.
What attacks are these?

dansari

Post#18 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Delenot wrote:
dansari wrote:Yeah dropping two dots and a jump normally takes SHs to like half health.
What attacks are these?
The "jump" is a joke.

The two dots are Broadhead Arrow (BHA) and Shadow Sting (SS - skirmish tree heal debuff)
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Shing

Post#19 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:08 pm

dansari wrote:
Delenot wrote:
What attacks are these?
The "jump" is a joke.

The two dots are Broadhead Arrow (BHA) and Shadow Sting (SS - skirmish tree heal debuff)
I'm glad you mentioned it was a joke. I was about to go around jump-shooting destro. Thought it was a time-of-flight thing or something to make it tic on the same timestamp.

How have these builds changed since the rkd & skirmish tree change? I've been running scout w/ fester as easily having 1k+ BS due to bolster has made for some nice burst, but I fear that will decrease as I level more and may want to try out skirmish more as new tactics come in.

dansari

Post#20 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Shing wrote:I'm glad you mentioned it was a joke. I was about to go around jump-shooting destro. Thought it was a time-of-flight thing or something to make it tic on the same timestamp.

How have these builds changed since the rkd & skirmish tree change? I've been running scout w/ fester as easily having 1k+ BS due to bolster has made for some nice burst, but I fear that will decrease as I level more and may want to try out skirmish more as new tactics come in.
:D no worries. Don't want to spread misinformation, although I'm sure destro would fear the jumping shadow ninja.

Scout with fester is fine for lower levels. You're missing some key tactics to make Skirmish shine (bullseye and IA aren't till 30s), but honestly it's tough to argue for other trees at the moment. My build is just full skirmish, pick up Powerful Draw, heal debuff, and rkd, then Scout enough to get Glass Arrow. I'm mainly playing orvr or I may try out Assault, but Assault also feels like I would need to invest talismans into some defensive stats. Assault also really locks you into a playstyle. You need at least 3 tactics to make it successful (Sinister Assault and Merciless Soldier are essential.. then your other could be Bullseye, No Respite, etc.) I think the fourth should always be IA because it provides so much of a stat boost. But that's very different from an orvr Skirmish playstyle, which tends to be very linear: IA, PD, Expert Skirm, and Bullseye.

Unfortunately the draw (pun intended) of Skirmish tree is just too great right now (for me) to really think about other builds. Powerful Draw is essential for max-range application of dots, Eye Shot is one of the best abilities in the game, and the heal debuff is added utility that everyone will expect you to have because of its 100% uptime.
<Salt Factory>