Recent Topics

Ads

THE BRIGHT WIZARD GUIDE! -from Deek

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mikelawman2

THE BRIGHT WIZARD GUIDE! -from Deek

Post#1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:19 pm

----Introduction----
I've been playing since launch a BW, rr80 and rr100 multiboxed on live on volkmar, and have delved into this class extremely and feel as if I have gained a mastery of this class.

----Choose your path----
For now you have your AOE( Area of Effect ) bomb Spec and Single target nuke spec both are viable, pick which ever suits your comp or play
style more, I prefer single target for solo play as that AOE is more of a spec that needs group support.

----Basic's of the BW( Bright Wizard ).----
This classes main mechanic is a source called combustion, witch is a fantastic resource once you master how to use it.
A brief overview of how it works, some skills build combustion, some drain it, the higher combustion you go the more critical damage you get and critical chance, but also the risk of damaging yourself harder and more frequently the higher you go.

---- Single target Spec----
Main Skills**
Boiling Blood, Withering heat, Ignite, Sear

Tactics**
Endless Knowledge, Fuel to the Fire.

Mastery Skills**
9 points into Path of Immolation
Get the, Fuel to the Fire TACTIC and the Withering Heat Ability
These are my preferences, the heal debuff is quite nice(playing with fire), but I like the one shot ability, why need a heal debuff when you can 100-0 someone instantly!

Rotation**
1.Step one build up that combustion! by sear dotting, Detonate is also nice need to get to 100 to commence the 1 shot ability

So this is how it will go down once you have 100 combustion, or close to(((EDIT-- I was thinking in terms of my premade, for solo play you should use ignite and have detonate up before casting boiling blood, since i run with an engi as well most of the time I never ran into cleanse issues sorry for the confusion))). 1. Boiling Blood -> Ignite -> Sear -> Withering Heat. BB( Boiling Blood ) will crit if it does for around 1100-1750 as high as I've seen, Ignite 170-340, Sear 600-900, Withering heat 1100-1400 For a total damage window of 2970-4390 only with one tick of withering heat, If not dead the next tick or so of withering heat will finish the job unless they have good healers.

notes**
don't forget to use other abilities like detonate and igniting 2-4 people to keep pressure on the enemy Pyroclastic surge healers and casting dps, burning iron on healers to help group utility while you have the 5 second gap of CD( Cooldown ) on Boiling blood until the next setup.

----AOE BOMB SPEC----
Main Skills**
Annihilate, Fiery Blast, Flame Breath, Detonate, Spreading Flames

Tactics**
Endless Knowledge, Lingering Fires

Mastery**
9 points into Path of Conflagration
While getting the abilities Annihilate and Spreading Flames.

Rotation**
For the AOE rotation its based on a setup, 1. Fiery Blast From ranged with ignite detonate combo and sears to build combustion quickly. Once you have decent combustion, the crazy dmg will commence, Start the setup with ignite ->Detonate->Spreading Flames-> moving towards the group of targets -> Flame Breath as you move in -> Annihilate, with what you have left use it on Scorched earth to finish stragglers. By this time a lot of the the enemy will be dead or close to death and you pull out to reset.

notes**
You may be a bomb BW, but don't forget while getting your setup to Pyroclastic Surge healers and casting ranged dps, BB healers to WP(Willpower) debuff them, use this to support your team and use common sense when to go for your Bomb if it's a melee train don't run at them if you have no tanks in your front lines... haha.

----HOW TO SURVIVE AS BRIGHT WIZARD----
1. Cauterize, I can't stress how important this ability is, its a self cleans, especially when you see a sorc dotting you up cleanse that ****, if they are decent some nasty dmg will follow, don't want to get caught by that when your detaunt is down.

2. SMOKE SCREEN, another important ability I don't see many BW use, this is your detaunt if a melee or tank hops on your use it on them and focus on someone else. Remember watch your combustion if your getting trained may kill yourself too fast for a healer to have time to pick you up if not in a Premade. Also when sorc's or Squig herders are around and you see one starting to light you up toss it on them will help a ton. And kite away.

3. Shield of Aqshy, This ability is to be used when being hit by physical dmg such as any melee on destro or SH( Squig Herder), Also good to use before running in for a bomb as a precaution.

4. Kiting, While I personally can't teach you this and this is something you learn by practice some tips I can give is learn keybinding if you haven't already. I personally unbound my a and d keys and bound them to strafing and turn with my mouse. Much more effective and will make you a quicker and more reactive player also you wont be starring at your bars the whole time and can focus on the battle of war which will give you more awareness and and you can potentially read setups happening to you and possibly prevent them in the process.

----Stat usage and Priority----
1. Intelligence 2. Wounds 3. Armor/toughness (I would put spell crit in there but you cant really stack much if any at all atm.)

----Helpful Tips and Tricks----
While what I said above earlier is mostly true, always access what it happening and judge your next decision. For when doing damage as a BW don't just aimlessly through damage about always think of what you will use next to follow it up into creating a setup for burst. This is what our class does best. Doing so much damage that average healers don't have time to react to whats happening. Decent premades will have absorbs and pre-heal over times ( hots ) going most of the time, look for guards see who is guarding them, catch them when they are away from their tank. Little things see a lot of people at low health? Pyroclastic surge healers to slow them down to score kills.

-by Deek, I hope this basic guide has taught new comers to the class a lot of what they need to know or even veterens of the class something new or a way to do things they never thought about. Some might have different opinions from what I use or tactics or how to do things, but over my long time of playing I have found these ways to work best for me and hope other will find it works well for them too.
Last edited by mikelawman2 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The DEEEEEEEK

Ads
noisestorm

Re: THE BRIGHT WIZARD GUIDE! -from Deek

Post#2 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:32 pm

mikelawman2 wrote:

So this is how it will go down once you have 100 combustion, or close to. 1. Boiling Blood -> Ignite -> Sear -> Withering Heat.
Just thought ill quickly check in for a laugh. There it is. Every halfbrained Dok/Zealot will laugh at you when you start BB.

Druin
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:36 pm

noisestorm wrote:
mikelawman2 wrote:

So this is how it will go down once you have 100 combustion, or close to. 1. Boiling Blood -> Ignite -> Sear -> Withering Heat.
Just thought ill quickly check in for a laugh. There it is. Every halfbrained Dok/Zealot will laugh at you when you start BB.
Yeeep not an optimal rotation.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

mikelawman2

Post#4 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Druin wrote:
noisestorm wrote:
mikelawman2 wrote:

Yeeep not an optimal rotation.
Well, as said in the guide, use to your own will, This is meant for every bit of damage to go into a 1 second window of nuke, if not optimal, give an opinion please, I will test it. Just saying it's not optimal isn't very good constructive critisim for me or anyone else :P
The DEEEEEEEK

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:51 pm

the superpros will never tell their secrets! ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

mikelawman2

Post#6 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Tiggo wrote:the superpros will never tell their secrets! ^^
Hehe True, there are a few things I left out, but this is a basic guide to get everyone up to snuff :P and some other things are long to explain.
The DEEEEEEEK

Luth

Post#7 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:02 pm

When you start with boiling blood, it will be removed first when someone is purging hexes from the target.
As it has no cooldown, it would be advisable to use ignite first, so you can reapply it instantly when purged.

There, i told it (which means, i'm not superpro unfortunately...). :|

LinkinGarviel

Post#8 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:05 pm

You've right luth, but if you focus someone in melee, he have already lot's of dot, then just put boiling blood and make a faster combo. I think our combo change everytime, depend of ennemy life, our life, the target etc...
Player of Escouade Garviel / Team Psy as Bright Wizard

Ads
mikelawman2

Post#9 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:12 pm

@ Luth yes I know this, I just always have a good engi in my premades so I never run into this issue hehe, I have added an edit into the guide to let people know!
The DEEEEEEEK

wos

Post#10 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

nooooooooooo dont do this to destro lol i was happy roaming around thinking thank **** no one plays a BW like they use to