Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder pull......?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dakkhon

Marauder pull......?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:19 pm

Not going to get into the debate on this because I am sure it's been beaten to death. Let's just say its the second class I will go out of my way to kill lol. My questions is these....first is there any defense against it because it has at least 90ft range and I think it's suppose to be 65 (check me on that folks if I am wrong) however I know it works from 90ft because of the range that it constantly gets me as well as it can pull you through floors, down and around stairs , around corners and up over walls. Second is there a ability or stat that helps to defend against it and second if I am right about the distance of the ability being 65ft why has it not been fixed because it's been this way for a while.

Basically just want to know how to fight against it or is it just the way it works and nothing can be done about it. If that's the case then I'll be over it and increase my efforts to kill them and WE's at every opportunity lol. Thanks all and good hunting Order!! Yesterday we had some epic fights against superior numbers with 2 great leaders. Can't wait to get back out there and get some!!
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Marauder pull......?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:30 pm

I believe it has a check at 65' and if it passes it pulls, regardless of you running away. It will not work if you break LoS however. Used to be willpower was the check, but not sure anymore.
-= Agony =-

Dakkhon

Post#3 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:49 pm

I was hoping for like interrupt or parry or both. Guess Ill have to deal. Ty for the reply.
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:03 pm

Dakkhon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:19 pm Not going to get into the debate on this because I am sure it's been beaten to death. Let's just say its the second class I will go out of my way to kill lol. My questions is these....first is there any defense against it because it has at least 90ft range and I think it's suppose to be 65 (check me on that folks if I am wrong) however I know it works from 90ft because of the range that it constantly gets me as well as it can pull you through floors, down and around stairs , around corners and up over walls. Second is there a ability or stat that helps to defend against it and second if I am right about the distance of the ability being 65ft why has it not been fixed because it's been this way for a while.

Basically just want to know how to fight against it or is it just the way it works and nothing can be done about it. If that's the case then I'll be over it and increase my efforts to kill them and WE's at every opportunity lol. Thanks all and good hunting Order!! Yesterday we had some epic fights against superior numbers with 2 great leaders. Can't wait to get back out there and get some!!
Silence interrupt's Marauder Pull btw.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Cyrylius

Post#5 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:49 pm

There was a weird trick with jumping just as the pull is about to finish that cancelled the skill. You'd need to ask around some more savvy order players whether its still around and how exactly to pull it off.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

gebajger

Post#6 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:03 pm

It's been buffed 3 times, if memory serves.

1. Stat contribution change from int to str - completely reasonable change, int as stat contribution on a melee class made no sense at all.
2. Final check change - this is what messed it up the most. Even though its a 2s channel (you can move while channeling) the final check has been moved (it's not the end of the channel).
Result: pulling thru obstacles, trees, terrain, walls, etc, charging mara pulling you riding the fastest mount.
3. Undefendable from behind.

Funny thing is, the main reasoning for the buffs was 'people just run away from my pull', and now every time someone brings this up, the answer is 'we don't balance for 1v1, have a tank interrupt it'. By that logic, shouldn't the mara have tanks or anyone with a snare prevent them from running away?
Rioz

Akalukz

Post#7 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:14 pm

gebajger wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:03 pm It's been buffed 3 times, if memory serves.

1. Stat contribution change from int to str - completely reasonable change, int as stat contribution on a melee class made no sense at all.
2. Final check change - this is what messed it up the most. Even though its a 2s channel (you can move while channeling) the final check has been moved (it's not the end of the channel).
Result: pulling thru obstacles, trees, terrain, walls, etc, charging mara pulling you riding the fastest mount.
3. Undefendable from behind.

Funny thing is, the main reasoning for the buffs was 'people just run away from my pull', and now every time someone brings this up, the answer is 'we don't balance for 1v1, have a tank interrupt it'. By that logic, shouldn't the mara have tanks or anyone with a snare prevent them from running away?
They probably should have just made it instant and check parry/dodge Range check at the end was brutal honestly and made the skill fail 99 out of 100 times. It's a bit OP right now, but only in very small group play.
-= Agony =-

Fenris78

Post#8 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:36 pm

Mara pull is perfectly blackable or parryable but obviously from the front only. You need to turn yourself to face the mara before the end (check is performed at the end of cast only).

But yes, the "grace period" server is giving is a bit too long to our taste, especially since WL pull is somewhat less reliable (need more conditions, range from pet AND from target, pet being able to reach target - with horrible pathfinding - to be performed, despite being instant).

Ads
Dakkhon

Post#9 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:09 pm

All great responses ty all. I am thinking maybe for caster classes maybe use intel as a check since we dont use str for anything. That means there is no real chance to resist it for a caster. We dont take parry for anything. Oh well I will just add them to my list of targets to kill. It's a bs skill imo of course.

Ty all for the replies it was very helpful as I did not know if you are not facing the marauder its automatic.

Ninjagon

Post#10 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:22 pm

Let me be clear, that (another) broken pull skill can be gamechanger:

Smart mara abuse this by pulling "permanent marked people" (like well known warband leaders, or main assist characters) from long distance right into the melee blob (where they quickly die), which leads to chaos and not assist at all. Isn't that sweet?
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler: