Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] Dragon Gun and Accusations from 30ft

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: [Witch Hunter] Dragon Gun and Accusations from 30ft

Post#21 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:07 pm

thestuff wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:59 pm its ironic actually that the WH edge over the WE was SUPPOSED to be their ranged finishers, on live WEs only had melee range finishers. this is also why the WEs have more dmg modifying tactics. fast forward to now and WEs have more ranged finishers than the WH(every single WE finisher is 30ft, AND they can proc witchbrew on throwing daggers UP TO 65 FEET) so honestly a ranged spec WH should be something to talk about.
Not true. WE had only melee finishers for quite short time and most of the live WE had ranged finishers as well.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
thestuff

Post#22 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:40 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:07 pm
thestuff wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:59 pm its ironic actually that the WH edge over the WE was SUPPOSED to be their ranged finishers, on live WEs only had melee range finishers. this is also why the WEs have more dmg modifying tactics. fast forward to now and WEs have more ranged finishers than the WH(every single WE finisher is 30ft, AND they can proc witchbrew on throwing daggers UP TO 65 FEET) so honestly a ranged spec WH should be something to talk about.
Not true. WE had only melee finishers for quite short time and most of the live WE had ranged finishers as well.
i played for a couple years from launch, WEs still had only melee finishers at the time, so if it changed at some point after my bad. and the point still remains that the WH edge was SUPPOSED to be their ranged finishers, and thats why they dont have the dmg modifying tactics a WE has.

Sinisterror

Post#23 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:32 am

thestuff wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:40 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:07 pm
i played for a couple years from launch, WEs still had only melee finishers at the time, so if it changed at some point after my bad. and the point still remains that the WH edge was SUPPOSED to be their ranged finishers, and thats why they dont have the dmg modifying tactics a WE has.
Fair enough=) When WE had melee finisher's WH range finishers also used ballistic skill instead of str : D Dont remember if it was a bug or meant to be that way. But when you think about it WE has ToB + 15 % dmg constantly BUT WH has Vindication tactic which has 35% + dmg on disrupt, and there used to be ALOT of dps zealots which dont exist anymore. You could have Vindication close to 100 % up time which is 20% more than WE can get.

Also WE finishers hits 2x because double kiss proc was possible live because there was no ICD on Kisses/Prayers etc so that made kisses better than bullets. In RoR there is 2 sec ICD on Kissess which means with WH you can have more bullet procs than Kiss procs. WH finishers have always done real dmg, WE finishers not really that high dmg.

Edit; WE finisher's did actually hit hard BEFORE they were changed to ranged.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz