Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Guide Version 2

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zulnam

Re: [WH] Guide Version 2

Post#11 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:55 am

Very interesting read.

Please add some ror builder links tho. It's easy to use and easier than looking over a picture and trying to figure out what tactic is what (esp on mobile devices).
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Sabertooth

Post#12 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:20 am

Beautiful explanations, could you also advise us what to take with the renow points pls ?

abezverkhiy

Post#13 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:24 am

Sabertooth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:20 am Beautiful explanations, could you also advise us what to take with the renow points pls ?
Hey bud. I spent very little time on renown in my guide so probably you overlooked it.

My current preference is avoidance (parry and dodge/disrupt) and crit.

Mind you I have gear that provides good amounts of crit already, so I can be a critting machine. If you are not there yet - do not bother with crits, go for strength and wounds.

Don't go futile strikes - they should not hit you. If they do, you are doing something wrong.

Also, I am considering to spend 25 points on improved flee and use it offensively to counter kiters. You may test it too.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

inoeth
Suspended

Post#14 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:09 pm

imo crit > str since dmg of crits is so much higher than extended normal dmg over time. aim on 25%+ crit chance
also reflexes 4 is a no brainer since as a wh you need high str and can not invest too much into tough/wounds/armor and therefore need some kind of defense. aim on 40-50% parry

Sabertooth

Post#15 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks for the quick reply but then I don't have to increase weapon skills too ?

abezverkhiy

Post#16 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:24 pm

No, ignore WS. You need to softcap STR and then go for wounds

Sabertooth

Post#17 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 pm

Ok tks a lot !!!
First i ve to hit rr 70 , i'm 66 :)

abezverkhiy

Post#18 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:59 am

Made a few additions about Fervor and Blessed Bullets of Confession

Ads
Dakkhon

Post#19 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:30 am

So for the new up and coming WH's and fresh WH's (40) what build should we shoot for and when we get to 40/40?

Great build and ty for the time and effort put forth here. It's a lot to digest but laid out extremely well. I plan to try one today. We know what to go for at RR70+ lol but getting there suggestions on builds would be very helpful. Unless I totally missed it here. Thanks again for this.
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

abezverkhiy

Post#20 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:58 am

Hey mate. Appreciate your kind words they're a fair price for my effort. I never liked dictating builds but I will certainly spend some time on builds later.

To answer your question - do not go for Inquisition first thing. You need Sanctified Oil, Pistol Whip, Shroud of Magnus, Repel Blasphemy, DG, BAL. The more of them the better. Choose the tree you like more. Judgement is more offensive and riskier. This tree is better for scens. Confession build is better for RvR.