Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Guide Version 2

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lion1986

Re: [WH] Guide Version 2

Post#31 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:19 pm

so warband wise? how can we contribute? i understand solo and roaming tactic, but which build is good for warband play/sieges? and cities?

Ads
Fenris78

Post#32 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:02 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:19 pm so warband wise? how can we contribute? i understand solo and roaming tactic, but which build is good for warband play/sieges? and cities?
Out of morale pumping your group with Dragon Gun, and using the morale drain tactic as well, warband utility is somehow limited to elimination of key targets (inside a ST group in city for instance), and you barely have any other group buffs, saving defensive M3.

Like SW, WH is sadly not very warband-friendly, and that wont change until deep changes on their skills and tactics.
At least you have more options in SW tactics (crit chances for group, aoe avoidances debuff wich is huge) and more polyvalence when it comes to mobility and targets handling.
WH is very self-centered stuff and pretty much everything is built for solo play, a bit like WL as well.

derKriebel

Post#33 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:39 pm

You can play a ew/anti heal build in a single target grp too

Elmuerto

Post#34 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:47 am

I've just logged in via Cross Over on an M1 Mac, oh my! Ah I dunno know what it is about that soothing sound of horse clop, and the "Horn of Gondor" as my partner calls it when she heard it.

Probably runs better than what I thought was my mid spec machine at launch a long time ago.

Thanks to all the Team at ROR for keeping this great game alive!

MMXX43

Post#35 » Sun May 01, 2022 11:38 am

Interesting guide.

Concerning WB play ( generally i avoid it but participate in some organized stuff from time to time ) , personally my wh is running 6 pc def sov 2 piece warlord or sent with wounds and toughness talis sloted, DG , heal bullets armor pen tactic and 2 other depending on comp. You immediately become a front liner morale draining machine with nearly 100 % armor pen ( some ws is also worth invensting ) if under pressure from destro melee train you can escape via vanish, self punt and/or repel and use DG back to full health. I also became increasingly fond of a ninche rr spec that is still been tested ( requires exhausting BIS min max and paranoid positional status) but it is the best def duel spec i have ever experienced thus far. Dont neglect that bullet swap is instant so there is a lot of versatility in between, plenty of time when you are not really under a constant melt point due to defensive stats and under destro cc overstack ( light armor class and all that ) and you can sustain yourself, effectively ceasing to be a healer liability. Damage wise its really the same cause its armor pen based and utility damage ( shows the bad place damage wise wh is right now ) its also great for solo roam.

Wh is a great class, but unfortunately this is not live and everything on Order just doesnt cut it as good as destro does.

P.S : Ew is just bad. ( my pov )

Paxsanarion

Post#36 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:03 am

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:19 pm My Cookie-cutter Dragon Gun build (rr83 atm) :

Renown
Masteries

For warband vs warband play, switch Atonement with Sanctified Bullets : you will survive far more longer, going back full life on each Dragon Gun usage.

Stuff :
- Invader 5 pieces (Jewel, Hat, Gloves, Blet, Boots)
- Sov main 3 pcs (Shoulder, Cloak, Body)
- 3 Genesis (Fragment + Remnant + Aspect)
- OR Sentinel ring (6% parry strikethrough) instead of the Genesis Aspect.
- Bloodlord Rapier
- Wit (Sentinel gun)
- Talismans : Full Strength

Build notes :
- With this build, you got Parry Strikethrought : 10% (base) - 13% (with Sentinel Talisman) - 16% (with Triumphant hat)
Why ? Because a hit that got parried will deal zero damage.
Any parried Absolution is about 800 to 1800 less damage you deal each second.
Any parried Repel Blasphemy is 30s of barely any defense, saving M1.
Any parried KD can allow your target to flee away.

With at least 10% parry strikethrough, you cut off from 25 to 50% of you opponents resistances to your attacks, wich is huge.
You dont have to worry about positioning too much (of course, hitting from behind always helps).
You got maximum dps against everyone facetanking you.
You can engage tanks and mdps knowing you will probably kill them before they kill you.
You maximize the odds for your defensive and critical tools (Dragon Gun, Repel Blasphemy, Abolution) to land.
Always try to have 10% parry Strikethrough, at minima. Maximum you can achieve is 18% (with both Triumphant Hat and switching one talisman for the 2% special Bastion Stairs one - Unique one though), effectively negating all renown into parry.

(Note that with Sovereign +2 masteries, you also get to spec both Dragon Gun AND Pistol Whip, if you reaaaally feel the need for 2 kd skills - I personnaly don't :p.)

Gameplay :
1. Build one accusation with Torment (or Fervor), or open with burn armor
2. Absolution
3. While Flowing Accusations procs, spam Absolution. Charge 1 accusation again if needed to relaunch the engine.
4. After 5-10s of combat, kd with Dragon gun.
5. Right before your target goes up, use either Repel Blasphemy (if against a melee class), or keep spamming Absolution.
6. Use Dragon Gun on cd, M1 when needed (against mdps like WE and choppas)

The goal is to always have high damage output, and be able to chain absolution multiple times, wich will crit at least 50% ot the time against most opponents for about 1k-1k5 + 400 spirit every second ; if you manage to get that, your pressure will be enough to kill in less than 10s, at worst scare a though opponent and making them make mistakes and/or flee.
Flowing accusations will maximize your dps AND ensure you a 100% uptime on your armor pen. tactic, effectively making you ignore 75% armor on all your attacks. Whereas Seal of Destruction will only do that 7s over 60, and putting the 2 other relics into cd as well).
You also get a good "semi-ranged" dps wich can still continue to attack from 30ft away, very useful against kiting foes. You can also use the 2s vanish to launch Burn Armor and recharge your accusations, when not able to reach your target.
Also, the Dragon Gun provides you a nice ranged kd every 10s, wich can be used to catch kiters, or neutralize one more enemy ; with some skill you can kd one target, stagger another, before hitting your main target, potentially allowing you to go 1 vs 3 (see video from Gagucmka to see what I mean).

Bullets :
Generally use AP drain bullets against everyone, saving DoK and Shaman where you want Heal Debuff (Use Dragon Gun with heal debuff when 2-3 healers are stacked to debuff them all).
I got to the conclusion AP drain is very strong if you manage to chain your accusations, since draining 20 AP per second is cancelling the natural AP regen (and making it the strongest AP drain of the game).
A healer that cannot cast healing skills is effectively 100% heal debuffed.
Against zealot its very effective, against shaman its limited by their AP drain skill (that wont make it up for your drain, however), and even less effective against healing DoKs (they use their career ressources, you wil only annoy them when they run out and want to convert AP into SE).

Plus, you wont' have to bother about running out of AP, and effectively counter most AP drains on you, while keeping max DPS running (8 points in right tree is about 400 spirit damage on AP bullet, very close to the 430 on the Init one).
Finally, any finisher with 2 accusations will cost 21 AP, thus making them 1 AP cost on hit as often Flowing Accusations is proccing.

Use Init debuff while running Sanctified Bullets, against warbands, or when you want to maximize your critical hits (-80 init is 5-10% more crit on target, not to be neglected).

Advices :
- Always have Shroud of Magnus ready when casters are around. Prefer it to Sanctified Oil, since it can allow you to Incognito under magic fire.
- Fervor got a slightly lesser initial hit than Torment, but the spirit component is good (effectively increasing your dps by hitting against ~40% mitigation max), and it serves well as an accusation builder, since you can stack it 3x. This way you will always have a DoT running, and ticks can crit very high (up to 1k) when stacked trice. I routinely got kills on low health escaping targets with that simple DoT.
Also, and it's important as well, its our only Ailment outside of openers/finishers, wich mean you can open with Fervor to apply Seeker's Blade debuff (you cant do that with Torment).
- Use Torment against tanks only (under Feinted Positioning), but as Flowing accusation can get you many finishers spam, you wont' be able to Spam Torment anyway.
- Avoid using Trial by Pain since you want to get Absolution x3 in the same timeframe, while TbP will cancel your AA for 3 seconds, can be interrupted, and have to be fully applied to benefit from the 2nd bullet proc. Absolution x3 will not happens all the time, but you get better dps with 2 absolution and one torment/fervor in the same 3s, while being not interruptible and keeping your AA in bonus.
- Beware of bumps by casters, where your disrupt will be checked against : prevent it with Shroud of Magnus preventively (when caster is mid-life generally).
- Always preserve your antiroot/antisnare to cast at the right time ; otherwise you loose your target most of the time.
- Be careful about Magus landmines ; you cannot avoid them (yes, even with Shroud of Magnus :/)
- Never forget to detaunt nearby targets right after a Dragon Gun.
- Declare Anathema (auto-bump) ignores collisions ; use it to gain positional safety, when funneling for instance.
Would there be any chance you could repost your build link please? Old links seem to not be working :-)

Thank you in advance!

Monteaux

Post#37 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:26 am

So i read a totaly WH Guide.
Really great job. Thx to the autor, but is it possible to give us some builds in the planer to show?
Atm the planer wont work for me and i see only grey pages but i like to have some visibilities to safe in my bookmarks.
So plz give me some advice how to level my pathes and what skill to use and when they are to switch. I didnt found a lot but outdated stuff and as a new one i'm a bit lost in the world of RoR.

Ty4help

Fenris78

Post#38 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:04 am

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:03 am Would there be any chance you could repost your build link please? Old links seem to not be working :-)

Thank you in advance!
Monteaux wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:26 am So i read a totaly WH Guide.
Really great job. Thx to the autor, but is it possible to give us some builds in the planer to show?
Atm the planer wont work for me and i see only grey pages but i like to have some visibilities to safe in my bookmarks.
So plz give me some advice how to level my pathes and what skill to use and when they are to switch. I didnt found a lot but outdated stuff and as a new one i'm a bit lost in the world of RoR.

Ty4help
Some code have been changed for referencing masteries, dunno why, but I updated the link in my original post (hoping I remembered my spec, it's been a while now). ;)

Ads
Monteaux

Post#39 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:14 am

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:04 am
Some code have been changed for referencing masteries, dunno why, but I updated the link in my original post (hoping I remembered my spec, it's been a while now). ;)
The links are working- thx. That's a DragonGun Build i see,...do ya have a BaL build too?

Paxsanarion

Post#40 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:04 am
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:03 am Would there be any chance you could repost your build link please? Old links seem to not be working :-)

Thank you in advance!
Monteaux wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:26 am So i read a totaly WH Guide.

Ty4help
Thank you very much!