Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] Wildfire tactic

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Warkittens

[BW] Wildfire tactic

Post#1 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:58 am

Worth a damn? Leveling a BW now and I love the IDEA, but in practice is it worth anything? My main focus is SC's but when high enough I'll pop into orvr some more. Is the tactic just a number pad or does it actually create preassure?

Ads
b00n

Re: [BW] Wildfire tactic

Post#2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 am

tactic dmg can't be defended. So if your ability procs this dmg is triggered. I recommend to read Bomblings Bright Wizard compendium.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Warkittens

Post#3 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:08 am

b00n wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 am I recommend to read Bomblings Bright Wizard compendium.
Thank you. I didnt know that existed. Excited to see what's in store

Fenris78

Post#4 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:18 am

Crown of fire + Fueled from within is far superior and works for all skills : it's the strongest add damage you can get, and with ST or AoE build it's very potent (flame or Ruin damage bypassing toughness for example).

It's about the same as having 350 more intelligence (on average), so it's worth about twice the 160 int tactic. If you have room for 2 tactics, those are the ones you want, especially with AoE build wich will trigger the 75% proc like crazy.

When you can bring that bonus to your entire group it's even more powerful. Edit : by bad, it's only working for you (thanks Bombling).

You can add the Wildfire on top of that, but the 25% proc makes it a bit meh anyway, for a 5s DoT its not the best for a 12 pts tactic.
Last edited by Fenris78 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

wonshot

Post#5 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:37 am

Wildfire tactic cant crit on this server, making it pretty much deal about 100 or less dmg on guarded targets or on tanks. I'd personally only spec and use it, if i knew I was gonna aoe on healers.

The Flames of Rhuin tactics are not affecting party members but only yourself since 2017 or so nerf-patch against proc meta. Still their dmg is pretty amazing and because of their mitigation rule as mentioned above will be a big source of your dmg.

I've often found myself with the choice between Wildfire and Crown of fire for a 4th tactic slot during aoe builds, and the more greedy pick is to get Wildfire and for each time you get a natural Flames of rhuin proc without Crown of fire slotted, you "gain" more dmg by having Wildfire instead. But overall Crown of fire is more consistant dmg.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO