Recent Topics

Ads

WP DPS stat build.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

WP DPS stat build.

Post#1 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:49 am

Hi, so I've been planning my own WP build based on what other people have suggested throughout the forum. I've got a build so far that reaches 906 alpha strength (normal strength stat) and 1071 nominal strength (strength + melee power), with WS at 442. Just wondering is it worth investing more into WS (WP have 25% armour pen ability + bludgeon which has some ignore armour) or strength before softcap? My main concern now is survivability. I've got 5 tali's to work with and I'm wondering is it better to throw them into wounds or toughness? If I put them into wounds I get 8790hp or toughness brings me to 259. I know a WP isn't going to be tanking anything as it's primarily DPS, but I don't want to be struggling to heal myself in small scale situations. Many people I've spoken to have said unless you get toughness very high its not worth investing in.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
yoluigi

Re: WP DPS stat build.

Post#2 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:54 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:49 am Hi, so I've been planning my own WP build based on what other people have suggested throughout the forum. I've got a build so far that reaches 906 alpha strength (normal strength stat) and 1071 nominal strength (strength + melee power), with WS at 442. Just wondering is it worth investing more into WS (WP have 25% armour pen ability + bludgeon which has some ignore armour) or strength before softcap? My main concern now is survivability. I've got 5 tali's to work with and I'm wondering is it better to throw them into wounds or toughness? If I put them into wounds I get 8790hp or toughness brings me to 259. I know a WP isn't going to be tanking anything as it's primarily DPS, but I don't want to be struggling to heal myself in small scale situations. Many people I've spoken to have said unless you get toughness very high its not worth investing in.
What is your gear set you got and what rr points you got? You might want to put 1 +23 initiative slot you already got good stats. What i tried toughness you just need atleast 200 and wound i got around 7k wound buff 7600 i think with full warlord. In Bis had 8300 wound (warlord+ sov). Your best plan for survivability is full FS. To be honest they should nerf FS there is really no reason any class not to have it.(unless maybe range or chosen)

Scottx125

Post#3 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:13 pm

yoluigi wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:54 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:49 am Hi, so I've been planning my own WP build based on what other people have suggested throughout the forum. I've got a build so far that reaches 906 alpha strength (normal strength stat) and 1071 nominal strength (strength + melee power), with WS at 442. Just wondering is it worth investing more into WS (WP have 25% armour pen ability + bludgeon which has some ignore armour) or strength before softcap? My main concern now is survivability. I've got 5 tali's to work with and I'm wondering is it better to throw them into wounds or toughness? If I put them into wounds I get 8790hp or toughness brings me to 259. I know a WP isn't going to be tanking anything as it's primarily DPS, but I don't want to be struggling to heal myself in small scale situations. Many people I've spoken to have said unless you get toughness very high its not worth investing in.
What is your gear set you got and what rr points you got? You might want to put 1 +23 initiative slot you already got good stats. What i tried toughness you just need atleast 200 and wound i got around 7k wound buff 7600 i think with full warlord. In Bis had 8300 wound (warlord+ sov). Your best plan for survivability is full FS. To be honest they should nerf FS there is really no reason any class not to have it.(unless maybe range or chosen)
I haven't got the gear yet, this is me planning out my build calculating the stats etc and planning what is/isnt appropriate. It would be based on the BiS with is as you said warlord + off Sov. I can look into more FS.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

penagos22

Post#4 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:20 pm

crit chance > Futile strikes > strenght > weapon skill > wounds or toughness if you go greave of sigmar.

this class is desing for stack crit chance. use talisman of strenght in all your set parts and maybe WS or wounds.

ashton007

Post#5 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:35 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:20 pm crit chance > Futile strikes > strenght > weapon skill > wounds or toughness if you go greave of sigmar.

this class is desing for stack crit chance. use talisman of strenght in all your set parts and maybe WS or wounds.
You only need FS if you’re solo really. For my WP I like to go full glass, full str, full crit (with renown and tali’s)
Guard and heals are there to shrug off your incoming damage. And without FS you’re still tougher than a slayer/WH, lol.

Scottx125

Post#6 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:04 pm

Just double checking as well, Str and melee power are the same but melee power doesn't count towards softcap? So you can have 1050 Str and then have melee power ontop without incurring softcap penalty? Or should I just stop at the total of my current gear plan without tali/renown at 927 Str (inc melee power). And put my renown into crit reduction and crit chance, and then whatever remains of that + talis into WS or wounds?
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:19 am

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:04 pm Just double checking as well, Str and melee power are the same but melee power doesn't count towards softcap? So you can have 1050 Str and then have melee power ontop without incurring softcap penalty? Or should I just stop at the total of my current gear plan without tali/renown at 927 Str (inc melee power). And put my renown into crit reduction and crit chance, and then whatever remains of that + talis into WS or wounds?
Strength is same as melee power for damage, power is not affected by cap. Over 1050, 1 strength is equal to 0.5 strength. Strength provides parry/block strikethrough, power does not.

Crit chance renown is about the same as strength renown, because WP can only have regular crit damage multiplier. Crit reduction is the most affordable renown.

Weaponskill is stronger than strength/crit for you if you are hitting medium armor and don't have somebody to armor debuff them for you. However, weaponskill does not make your channel heal do more damage since it is spiritual and not physial.

The point of dps wp is to be a bruiser, sustained damage that outlasts the enemy while healing themselves/allies. If you go full offensive then you may as well play another class in my opinion.

Scottx125

Post#8 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:51 am

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:19 am
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:04 pm Just double checking as well, Str and melee power are the same but melee power doesn't count towards softcap? So you can have 1050 Str and then have melee power ontop without incurring softcap penalty? Or should I just stop at the total of my current gear plan without tali/renown at 927 Str (inc melee power). And put my renown into crit reduction and crit chance, and then whatever remains of that + talis into WS or wounds?
Strength is same as melee power for damage, power is not affected by cap. Over 1050, 1 strength is equal to 0.5 strength. Strength provides parry/block strikethrough, power does not.

Crit chance renown is about the same as strength renown, because WP can only have regular crit damage multiplier. Crit reduction is the most affordable renown.

Weaponskill is stronger than strength/crit for you if you are hitting medium armor and don't have somebody to armor debuff them for you. However, weaponskill does not make your channel heal do more damage since it is spiritual and not physial.

The point of dps wp is to be a bruiser, sustained damage that outlasts the enemy while healing themselves/allies. If you go full offensive then you may as well play another class in my opinion.
Warth WP is not unfortunately a melee healer. It's more like a 70%DPS/30% healer all in favour of self healing and doing damage. From everything I've seen the only way to be somewhat tanky as Wrath is to have a decent chunk of wounds and as much toughness as you can get. Then ofc you need to build crit as high as possible to get stacks on your target to do ever increasing damage. I've still not decided on my final build for my DPS WP. At the moment I'm trying different ideas.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
mekal

Post#9 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:23 am

Pair with a kobs/ib str to ~900 WS to ~450 crit as high as possible which is usually around 35-40%

Leftover either go wounds or armor

DPS WP is not a solo class no matter what some may say you need a support since you are the easiest order DPS to counter

A wrath WP can easily heal youself and your tank if stuck in melee

The tanks buffs will give you extra DPS and survivability

penagos22

Post#10 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:47 pm

friends, it seems that you do not read, with respect I tell you.
fanatism: this tactic invites us to accumulate crit chance, the minimum that a 40-4x wp dps should have is 30%, why?
guilty soul: we need a lot of crit chance to accumulate the charges of this tactic and maintain it, in addition to helping us to put a very good debuff on the target, why? It is very simple, what we invest in crit chance and we do not invest in strength, guilty soul returns it, increasing the damage by 5% per stack (for fools str is not optimal, and that softcap you are talking about is a retail myth, why? because I have verified it myself, I do more damage investing in crit chance than in str, in addition to that if you are good you will have the sigmar's fist buff always active).
then how much str should we have? 800 (gear and talisman) + 100 (sigmar's fist). (for dummies: this stacks with the guilty soul buff).
why is crit chance better than everything? why? hastened divinity tactic
why should we prioritize crit chance? Cause the whole **** world uses futile strikes
why weapon skill is not important? Because with what we accumulate with the gear plus the slots that we cannot fill with talismans of force (that we fill them with talismans of ws) is enough, why? because we have sigmar's wrath (with my wp I get to 45% armor pen without putting renown points in ws)
why futile strikes? Well, even if you have 8 tanks guarding you, if you are a flan they will melt all of you, so it is good to have minimum futile strikes II, and not to mention that for some reason the wp dps is always focused.
the meele power thing, it is a stat that is difficult to accumulate, it is not that it is bad, but it is not that it is necessary or important if you do not have it.
What do I do with the extra points? well if you don't get to 800 str, use them there. if you want to play with wounds use them there, if you are playing with greave of sigmar use them in toughness, but
remember, the goal of wp dps is to do damage.