Recent Topics

Ads

WP- Going for a melee/healer hybrid. Is it possible?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tigersoul78

WP- Going for a melee/healer hybrid. Is it possible?

Post#1 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 pm

I really enjoy the WP but I don't want to just sit in the back and heal. Is there a spec that I can still melee and have decent heals? Or heals/buffs? I saw that the Grace line seems to be viable for this spec.

Ads
Rydiak

Re: WP- Going for a melee/healer hybrid. Is it possible?

Post#2 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:44 pm

Grace is the melee-healer spec. Check out the guide in my signature.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

zulnam

Post#3 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:36 pm

As a fresh 40 you will have to do some backline healing to be efficient (or find a 6-man willing to run with you like this but even then you will be gimped in cities). You need endgame gear to do well, and even then some large rvr fights can be fragile and among the first to die.

Leveling in scenarios grace is great. If you know what you're doing (read the guide) you often end up in top 3 healers of the match.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

penagos22

Post#4 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:36 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:36 pm As a fresh 40 you will have to do some backline healing to be efficient (or find a 6-man willing to run with you like this but even then you will be gimped in cities). You need endgame gear to do well, and even then some large rvr fights can be fragile and among the first to die.

Leveling in scenarios grace is great. If you know what you're doing (read the guide) you often end up in top 3 healers of the match.

partially lie

look this
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=41931

Tigersoul78

Post#5 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:36 pm

So I am only lvl 8 ATM. What level should I switch to snb instead of 2h? I plan on going Grace spec.

uanaka

Post#6 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Remember that 2h is dps, snb is grace/melee healing, and book is salvation/backline healing.

Assuming this is just for scenarios, If you want to heal, I would recommend sticking with a book until at least level 20, which is when you get your bread and butter aoe heals (touch of the divine for salvation and sigmar radiance for grace).

After 20, you can start respeccing back into grace, but just make sure to stay on top of your gear because you will really need to take advantage of bolster. Once you get your Grace of Sigmar tactic (late 20s I think), it'll be smooth sailing until you hit 40 when you hit the bottom of the totem pole again.

I really wouldn't recommend going melee healing in open RVR until you have the gear to deal with all the ranged damage that's being thrown left and right, if ever at all. Salvation is just a lot more simple and easy for that purpose.

Tigersoul78

Post#7 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 am

What about when I do pve while leveling? 2h or snb? I feel like using a chalice while soloing in pve is not as useful.

Bloodmasked

Post#8 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:08 am

2hander is not dps it does hardly any dmg

if you do pve you go shield and have somebody provide ap to you so you can heal alot

Ads