Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] Sanctified Bullets

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
arorwne
Suspended

[Witch Hunter] Sanctified Bullets

Post#1 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:22 pm

Right, I find the placement of this Tactic problematic because it gives the wrong impression to fledgling WH / WE s. And why is that? Everything is super deadly to you, everything poses an abnormal amount of threat and then you get this gem and, lo and behold, you suddenly stand a chance vs more than 2 mobs or vs a player that pays attention. So...could we get this baked into BBs / Kisses somehow? I'm even willing to take the 75% version, but just to have something! Sure, you could take a Tank with you, but even then...BW or the like you are not.

What do you think?

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: [Witch Hunter] Sanctified Bullets

Post#2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:22 pm

It's your game. Try and see. Personally, I think there are better tactics to use for just 4 slots we have
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

arorwne
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:38 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:22 pm It's your game. Try and see. Personally, I think there are better tactics to use for just 4 slots we have
It is practically necessary for whenever you don't fully trust others, solo roam and solo PvE. Besides, look at that WL, he simply roadkills anything sub Hero in PvE and has tankiness, a pet, a pet heal etc. And even bigger bursts(prior to BAL, but not everything should come down to a single spec). And a Slayer can simply be a better version of you.

At least give solo to WH / WE and make them be somewhat good at their designated role.

Likeaboss

Post#4 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 am

This game is not meant to be played solo :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Arcrival

Post#5 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:03 pm

This version of WAR is not meant to be played solo. It is a more bastardized version that reflects a mass AOE environment hence the huge caps.
The retail version did make a more solo centric class with WH/WE to attract that type of player they had to appeal to that niche to some degree because they wanted to make money.
They haven’t made the class very group oriented to fit in well with their version but if you can group with others it will make life better for you no doubt I prefer partners or 6 man runs with the same people because then you know what the team is capable of and it’s not as frustrating as the pug WB
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

arorwne
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Arcrival wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:03 pm This version of WAR is not meant to be played solo. It is a more bastardized version that reflects a mass AOE environment hence the huge caps.
The retail version did make a more solo centric class with WH/WE to attract that type of player they had to appeal to that niche to some degree because they wanted to make money.
They haven’t made the class very group oriented to fit in well with their version but if you can group with others it will make life better for you no doubt I prefer partners or 6 man runs with the same people because then you know what the team is capable of and it’s not as frustrating as the pug WB
That logic is flawed. Why are then entire Classes super solo friendly(Warrior Priest, Ironbreaker, Runepriest+Engi{sorta}, entire HE roster, Marauder, Slayer + Choppa after a point, Squiggy)? Hell, majority of the game is solo friendly. Only ~3 class pairs left are WH / WE, BW / Sorc and Knight / Chosen and even Knight / Chosen can be made to work, WH / WE and BW / Sorc though...left in the dust. BW and Sorc at least can do something(but have worse PvE, honestly). That leaves WH and WE in a rather sorry state. WH especially.

And I won't have that discussion about how a game should be played(it should be played anyhow a person wants it to be played ; within limits of the game, ofc). MMOs aren't inherently pro group and they haven't been even in the age of WAR(~2012 or so). If speaking about hardcore pro group MMOs, that's WAY back in the past(vanilla WoW ages, if not earlier).

And I understand that the game is balanced around groups, not about solo "anything"(and it always has been like that), but that doesn't meanthat they can't help a class. God knows that WHs need this and much more. Now they're simply cool(sexy bitch babes are slightly more useful). Come on. >.>

titaniummushroom

Post#7 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:30 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 am This game is not meant to be played solo :lol:
This game is not possible to be played solo :lol:

Fixed

arorwne
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:41 pm

titaniummushroom wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:30 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 am This game is not meant to be played solo :lol:
This game is not possible to be played solo :lol:

Fixed
It very much is possible, but whether it is efficient is a whole another issue. Imo, one of WAR's deathknells was its strict adherence to group orientation. An MMO can't survive on that alone anymore. It needs more. A pvt server like this don't need, not really, but I am thankful there are options.

And yes, after I have witnessed what SBs do, I am even more convinced they should be baseline. My WH went from barely being able to solo 2 mobs in PvE(sometimes even of a less lvl!) to being able to juggle Champions, possibly solo Heroes, attack like 5+ even cons etc. That's...entirely too much. Won't even comment on Dragon Gun + SB.

Should just be baseline, for all the bullets and let a player choose which tree he wants to use(Inq is personally the most interesting to me, but Conf isn't bad either). Make them 100% heal baseline with an additional 50-100% on SB for Purity only. Idk how that should work for Kisses.

Ads