Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Basic Healing Guide for Solo Ranked

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Twyxx

[WP] Basic Healing Guide for Solo Ranked

Post#1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:48 am

Hello, I wrote this short and basic guide for WP ranked play because 6v6 is one of my favorite aspects of the game.
Note: this is for book/Salvation spec.
Image ImageImage
The mastery spec for chalice WP is really simple and straightforward. The spec I use: RoR.builders - Warrior Priest
One of the main differences between chalice DoKs and shield WPs when it comes to 6v6 is the use of Sigmar's Shield so be sure to spec for it:
Spoiler:
The last couple of tactic slots have some flexibility with what you can run. In solo ranked, I generally run Refreshing Radiance to give AP to the group. I also run Shield of Faith to increase disrupt chance to try and avoid being staggered by the zealot. In instances where there is no zealot, you can replace this with something else. Discipline is an option as well.
Renown spec is straightforward as well: Renown Spec
Image ImageImage
The gear setup for WP is simple. Currently, I use the 8pc Sovereign setup for the 8pc bonus. I feel that running the full set is beneficial to WP in ranked because the last set bonus can provide additional Righteous Fury in instances where your resource pool is drained while Sigmar's Shield is running, allowing you to cast an extra group hot/absorb/etc. I use the scenario weapons, and my current jewelry besides the Sovereign jewel is 2pc heal genesis with an Exquisite Gunbad Diamond. I have seen others use the Sentinel ring to slot the crit talisman as well. I used armor talismans before the nerf and I still use them now.
Image ImageImage
The rotation for WP is similar to other aspects of gameplay (e.g., scs/rvr) with the only difference being the consistent use of Sigmar's Shield.
You should still be applying group hots and single target hots consistently to the group and cleansing on CD. Reminder that the WP's detaunt affects the targeted player and the players around them, not just what is in front of you like the DoK detaunt. Sigmar's Shield should be applied to the friendly target in instances of high pressure (e.g., a tank is punted, your other healer is CC'd etc). It is a melee attack, so it works through silence. I generally position myself a bit closer to the melee ball in ranked scenarios to be able to apply it quickly. This does, however, make you an easier target to be swapped to.
Here is an example of group ranked play:
I also stream WP and DoK gameplay on my Twitch (shameless plug)
Hope this helps!

Ads
Mruvka

Re: [WP] Basic Healing Guide for Solo Ranked

Post#2 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:55 am

Hello!

Thank you for this guide - I am new to the warrior priest and this is beneficial.

What are your thoughts on running Triumphant Boots + Belt + Cassock alongside the rest of the Sovereign pieces?

You get Healing Crit chance from Boots and big boost to Reduced chance to be crit from belt and cassock (therefore rendering Exquisite Gunbad Diamond unnecessary). You also get a healthy boost to Wounds and Willpower, making wounds talismans and Discipline unnecessary.

Of course you are foregoing +2 Path of Salv and other goodies (if you are close to melee, you can smite for Righteous Fury). Personally I only get one of Refreshing Radiance or Cleansing Power (you can respec depending on the case).

I would argue Divine Warding is a critical tactic. I even tried running Emperor's Ward alongside it in scenarios recently, and you can become the hardest thing to kill on the battlefield with both in use.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Twyxx

Post#3 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:09 am

Mruvka wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:55 am Hello!

Thank you for this guide - I am new WP and this is beneficial.

What are your thoughts on running Triumphant Boots + Belt + Cassock alongside the rest of the Sovereign pieces?

You get Healing Crit chance from Boots and big boost to Reduced chance to be crit from belt and cassock (therefore rendering Exquisite Gunbad Diamond unnecessary). You also get a healthy boost to Wounds and Willpower, making wounds talismans and Discipline unnecessary.

Of course you are foregoing +2 Path of Salv and other goodies (if you are close to melee, you can smite for Righteous Fury). Personally I only get one of Refreshing Radiance or Cleansing Power (you can respec depending on the case).

I would argue Divine Warding is a critical tactic. I even tried running Emperor's Ward alongside it in scenarios recently, and you can become the hardest thing to kill on the battlefield with both in use.
Hi,
I think that mix is an interesting set up yes. However I prefer to run the 8pc because of the last set bonus in 6v6. In my experience I've found the ability to get off a few more casts in that time of applying Sigmar's Shield very useful in both solo ranked and the group ranked 6v6s that I do. I think Divine Warding is a good tactic but I can't say I've used it much.

Stophy22

Post#4 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:34 am

Th0nx, im a trash healer and will use this information to rise to the top
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Twyxx

Post#5 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:47 pm

I guess will have to update soon with the newest patch...

Rowanmantle

Post#6 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:30 pm

Like the explanation of each choice Anti. Nice guide.
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

owin

Post#7 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:39 pm

Would you say that aoe detaunt and ED are optional in ranked? In your video I think you only had to detaunt twice and ED procced once since you never really got focused? Maybe swap discipline for ED and keep aoe detaunt for oh **** moments? Just sucks basically playing with only 2 tactics. I know if you didn't have aoe detaunt slotted then you'd probably need it more lol.

Thanks for guide. Love watching other good healers play this game.

Twyxx

Post#8 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:42 pm

owin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:39 pm Would you say that aoe detaunt and ED are optional in ranked? In your video I think you only had to detaunt twice and ED procced once since you never really got focused? Maybe swap discipline for ED and keep aoe detaunt for oh **** moments? Just sucks basically playing with only 2 tactics. I know if you didn't have aoe detaunt slotted then you'd probably need it more lol.

Hi,
I think I forgot to switch tactics from RvR or something in the video but I don't run ED in 6v6s normally! I will always keep aoe detaunt though.

Ads
owin

Post#9 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Twyxx wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:42 pm
owin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:39 pm Would you say that aoe detaunt and ED are optional in ranked? In your video I think you only had to detaunt twice and ED procced once since you never really got focused? Maybe swap discipline for ED and keep aoe detaunt for oh **** moments? Just sucks basically playing with only 2 tactics. I know if you didn't have aoe detaunt slotted then you'd probably need it more lol.

Hi,
I think I forgot to switch tactics from RvR or something in the video but I don't run ED in 6v6s normally! I will always keep aoe detaunt though.
Oh ok that makes sense. Pretty much run the same build as you so was nice to see I'm not a dumbass. Enjoy watching you guys 6v6 videos. Thanks again.