Recent Topics

Ads

WH - your rotation when surprise attacking

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Stophy22

Re: WH - your rotation when surprise attacking

Post#11 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:52 am

jughurta69 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:58 am I don't understand the people who ask for rotations, equipment, RA, etc ...

Think, play and test.

Do you have a brain? if not I can understand this kind of thread, otherwise ....
^
This dude hit me in Orvr the other day with Pistol whip, 2aa,procs from weapons, and then exit wounds

everything crit and I died in like 2 seconds haha, that was a pretty strong opener :)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Koryu199X

Post#12 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:04 am

Well I like the play test and repeat idea. I think it would be good if WH players actually come up with something new and interesting in terms of specs.

abezverkhiy

Post#13 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:43 am

Stophy22 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:52 am
jughurta69 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:58 am I don't understand the people who ask for rotations, equipment, RA, etc ...

Think, play and test.

Do you have a brain? if not I can understand this kind of thread, otherwise ....
^
This dude hit me in Orvr the other day with Pistol whip, 2aa,procs from weapons, and then exit wounds

everything crit and I died in like 2 seconds haha, that was a pretty strong opener :)
According to Armory he is rr83. What would you expect?))

Speaking of rotation... Isn't it kinda weird to ask for one for a character that has different skills for different archtypes of enemies?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

fabrizio3k

Post#14 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Think, play and test.

Listen, this thread was opened to ask for opinions and to have more understanding on how people use the class, especially for someone that never played as a mdps before such as me. My intention was not to obtain a free mindless method to play but to understand more.

I’m pretty sure I have more years under my belt than you, both regarding age and experience in game. Please understand not to be offensive and that not everyone has plenty of time to dedicate to this game.

Atropik

Post#15 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:55 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:07 pm Hi,

I would like to know what is your typical rotation when coming out of stealth.
I know that it depends on who you have in front of you and what is your build, but that could give me some additional ideas.

Mine is opener > immediate BH > build 5 accusations (usually torment with fainted positioning if needed) > tpb or absolution

Thanks for answering
Since no WH can properly answer the question, ill do my best here:

-Make sure your opener and Torment share the same slot on your hotbar, this way you will have one animation free torment to go before PW.
-After PW you will have 4 accusation, so put one more Torment and then add Bal/EW, by this time your opponent will most likely die, if not - your future rotation will depend on your opponents class and behaviour.
-Normally you keep on Torment spam + Abso (if you are able to stay in melee range) /tbp (if opponent breaks the distance) , + you put ew/bal on cd.

Abilities that might be added to your rotation:
- Repel Blasphemy, typically smart WH tries his best to put RB right after BAL/EW, so to avoid being counter cc'ed and achieve the max damage output WH can manage during the PW duration. But! if you see your opponent is at extremely low hp and you expect him to die right after the next attack - stay with torment. I had great many WHs failed on me at this point, if you have a chance to kill - do so at any cost, otherwise you will have your enemy using pots, detaunting you, staggering you, vanishing or fleeing away while you enjoying the RB buff.
- Punish the false - same as RB, but only if you expect your opponent to be healed.
- Seekers Blade - use on cd after you opponent survives the initial burst, helps a lot to secure the kill on opponent with high parry rate, also useful to cover up the hdbf.
- Fervor - only useful against high armored enemies who can survive the initial burst an have a long life after, good for 6/6 and competitive play, if you are able to hit the enemies from behind - stay with torment.
- Confess, Silence - last time I personally used onr of these was on t2, 6 years ago. xd
- Burn, Heretic! Razor Strike - trash bin.

edit; by BH i mean Pistol whip, sorry, long time no play xd
Nicelook | Obey

jughurta69

Post#16 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:20 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Think, play and test.

Listen, this thread was opened to ask for opinions and to have more understanding on how people use the class, especially for someone that never played as a mdps before such as me. My intention was not to obtain a free mindless method to play but to understand more.

I’m pretty sure I have more years under my belt than you, both regarding age and experience in game. Please understand not to be offensive and that not everyone has plenty of time to dedicate to this game.

Seriously , I've been playing mmo since 2002 .

it's not mean but reading, looking at the effects, trying to understand the class a little by yourself, that's the pleasure and personal satisfaction

MmoRpg is both a personal and a group adventure but your first satisfaction is to understand by yourself your class, your role and the possible interactions with others

Asking won't help you, read your skills, observe and practice

fabrizio3k

Post#17 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:19 am Torment will not ignore armor with feinted positioning, it only CANCEL the prerequisite to use some skills that REQUIRE being behind (kd and BAL namely).
Can someone confirm this?
Today I passed some time hitting the training construct and torment was hitting for 30 or so damage, while torment + fainted positioning hit for 108 damage (clearly ignoring the construct armor)

inoeth
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 pm

Atropik wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:55 pm
fabrizio3k wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:07 pm Hi,

I would like to know what is your typical rotation when coming out of stealth.
I know that it depends on who you have in front of you and what is your build, but that could give me some additional ideas.

Mine is opener > immediate BH > build 5 accusations (usually torment with fainted positioning if needed) > tpb or absolution

Thanks for answering
Since no WH can properly answer the question, ill do my best here:

-Make sure your opener and Torment share the same slot on your hotbar, this way you will have one animation free torment to go before PW.
-After PW you will have 4 accusation, so put one more Torment and then add Bal/EW, by this time your opponent will most likely die, if not - your future rotation will depend on your opponents class and behaviour.
-Normally you keep on Torment spam + Abso (if you are able to stay in melee range) /tbp (if opponent breaks the distance) , + you put ew/bal on cd.

Abilities that might be added to your rotation:
- Repel Blasphemy, typically smart WH tries his best to put RB right after BAL/EW, so to avoid being counter cc'ed and achieve the max damage output WH can manage during the PW duration. But! if you see your opponent is at extremely low hp and you expect him to die right after the next attack - stay with torment. I had great many WHs failed on me at this point, if you have a chance to kill - do so at any cost, otherwise you will have your enemy using pots, detaunting you, staggering you, vanishing or fleeing away while you enjoying the RB buff.
- Punish the false - same as RB, but only if you expect your opponent to be healed.
- Seekers Blade - use on cd after you opponent survives the initial burst, helps a lot to secure the kill on opponent with high parry rate, also useful to cover up the hdbf.
- Fervor - only useful against high armored enemies who can survive the initial burst an have a long life after, good for 6/6 and competitive play, if you are able to hit the enemies from behind - stay with torment.
- Confess, Silence - last time I personally used onr of these was on t2, 6 years ago. xd
- Burn, Heretic! Razor Strike - trash bin.

edit; by BH i mean Pistol whip, sorry, long time no play xd
this is the only reply in the whole thread that is usefull. sure you want to try out yourself but getting some input from others always helps to get some new ideas. personally i stumbled across the "you safe one animation" thing, which totally makes snese but i did not think about that till this point.

all you other "learn by yourself" ppl -> why do you even reply here? gtfo!

Ads
boomcat
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:00 pm

wow wait, does dragon gun AOE spread blessed bullets ?? and not only the primary target ?
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Sarnai

Post#20 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:56 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:20 pm
Fenris78 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:19 am Torment will not ignore armor with feinted positioning, it only CANCEL the prerequisite to use some skills that REQUIRE being behind (kd and BAL namely).
Can someone confirm this?
Today I passed some time hitting the training construct and torment was hitting for 30 or so damage, while torment + fainted positioning hit for 108 damage (clearly ignoring the construct armor)
Torment will bypass armor with FP up, which is a bug in either one of two ways: either it's not supposed to, because snap shot from the front with FP up doesn't snare the target; or it IS supposed to, and snap shot SHOULD snare the target from the front. My honest opinion, based on the tooltip for FP, it shouldn't bypass armor for the reason that Fenris mentioned.
WH looking for gunbad left